Smooth Results but Doesn't Last As Long As Advertised, more bruising and swelling - Scottsdale, AZ

The juvederm ultra plus is slightly better than...

The juvederm ultra plus is slightly better than the regular juvederm. It always gives smooth results but you swell a lot for a week then it goes down a LOT. Disappointing if it's your lips that go away so fast. I work out a lot so I process fillers rather quickly. Perlane lasts longer for me but the juve tends to have less lumps. Had it in my tear troughs before I had my blepharoplasties done and it gave me a bluish hue in that area. I get a really good deal on it so I kind of alternate between the 2 brands for my lips and nasal folds. Juve lasts like a month and half for me.

Had juvederm ultra plus 2 days ago in my lips....

Had juvederm ultra plus 2 days ago in my lips. Haven't had it in a while (been using perlane). The injections were much more painful than I remember. I do perlane without numbing cream and can handle it but the juvederm without numbing cream was nearly unbearable. I had tears running down my face most of the time and I never felt the numbing effects of the lidocaine in the filler. Swelling was much more than the perane. 2 hours later, signs of bruising were already appearing despite constant ice packs applied afterwards.

Now to today, 2 days after. My lip volume and shape looks great but I know it will go down a lot (seemingly more than perlane) as I have experienced w juvederm in the past. Lips still feel tender when pressed or massaged. I have some nasty bruising on both upper and lower, an angry vibrant red purple hue that is very hard to conceal with makeup. While I was layering on the concealer yesterday before I went to work, it occurred to me that I only bruise to this extent w juvederm. Hardly w perlane. Last time I had this juvederm bruising I had it for like 2 weeks:(

Will likely stick to perlane in the future. In the meantime, I need to find a heavy duty concealer..

It has been 2 weeks since I had my last juve and...

It has been 2 weeks since I had my last juve and it seems to have nearly disappeared by the the amount that I "went down." I am going to get a touch up with Perlane soon..maybe in about 2 wks. I know it is still there but the difference in results I had from the first wk til now is dramatically disappointing. My bruising is long gone but so is my desired volume.
Ultra Smooth Skin

They have amazing monthly specials on fillers, botox/dysport, peels and more. They have recently started to offer zeltiq which I am eager to try if it works!!