Pip Removal ( 310cc) and Replacement with Allergan Naturelle(360cc) - Scotland, UK

I had a breast augumentation in 2004 which took me...

I had a breast augumentation in 2004 which took me from a 34b to a 32dd, loved them and never had any problems until 8 years later the PIP scandal broke (for those of you who dont know, PIP implants were discovered to be made with substandard silicone for use in matresses and industrial products and were not of medical grade silicone and also found to be more prone to rupture). I decided i needed to have them removed so this year (march 2012), i had these replaced with Allergan Naturelle implants(FDA approved), lucky for me i had no rupture or gel bleed and the implants were intact . Pip implants were meaured in CC while Allergan are measured in grams so PIP's seem to come up bigger than most implants and were also said to be overfilled so i went up 50cc bigger to remain the same size which I seem to be. The implants i had before were a High Profile and the ones I have now are Moderate profile, i quite like the 'fake' look but now getting used to my more modest looking breasts. Im only 7 weeks post op so the right implant is taking longer to drop than the left which is worrying me at the moment but this seems to be changing every day

Mr Vivek Sivarajan

I found the doctor really nice and helpful initially at the consultation and got a good feeling from him. On the day of my surgery, he seemed in his own world and asked if i had any questions which i didnt. When i came round, he seemed very curt when i enquired to how my op went then i seen him the next day, he had a quick feel, said everything seemed fine, he'd see me in a 8 weeks and that was that. He took a while to get back to my concerns via email but when he did, he was informative but made out my breast wasnt dropping because I chose to go bigger...when he advised me to go bigger at the consultation and although i didnt want to be any bigger, i didnt want to be smaller either but knew i needed those extra CC's to make up for the pip's being overfilled. Not had my aftercare appoinment yet(which is coming up) so cant comment on that yet but hope this helps any UK ladies as i know PIp wasnt an issue in the U.S.

Thank you, they're definatly getting there going by the first few photos but the right still tends to swell up now and again so fingers crossed this settles down soon but hope the pics help others who might be uneven just to show that things do improve slowly but surely :-)

From the photos, they actually look fantastic. I'm glad your mind is at rest and I hope you can just have smooth sailing from here on out!

Posted a few pics now, x
Hi there, it went well thanks. The surgeon said that going by the photo i sent 4 weeks ago, he was expecting to offer a reop. He said its improved greatly(i agree but its still higher up). He agreed with me saying it is harder however massaging will help and also the inner tissue sutures can take months to disolve as my incision has a 'dented' in appearance if you know what i mean, he said once this softens out, the implant should drop more into shape but he'll see me again in September to ensure everythings fine..... he did admit to having more problems removing the implant on this side even though I had no rupture so maybe this is the reason for taking longer to heal as it can also be painful at times. My minds at rest for now so hopefully everything will even up over time. Il post some pics soon, x

How did your appointment go?

Sorry you got implanted with the PIPs the first time around. Breast implants often drop at slightly different rates, so I wouldn't worry about that too much at the moment. Here's some information from doctors on helping your implant(s) drop more quickly.

Please keep us posted!

Thank you, i'll update after my appointment on Monday ;)