Jessner Peel for Melasma - San Francisco, CA

I've heard this helps with melasma, so here goes....

I've heard this helps with melasma, so here goes. I tan very easily and as a result rarely wore sunscreen in my teens and 20s. I also swam competitively and surfed, so I am seeing a lot of sun damage now. It only hurts for a few minutes (strong burning sensation), so if you're a wimp like me, it's not bad at all! I will post pictures so that you can see the results.

How are you doing? I'm assuming you are in the thick of the peeling, is that right??

I only peeled around my mouth and nose. (Leathery...

I only peeled around my mouth and nose. (Leathery skin in that area starting day 2, peeled day 3 and 4.) Total waste. None of the areas with melasma peeled at all! I'm going to see the dermatologist in a week to see what else we can do. Very disappointed. I was at least hoping that the rest of my face would peel and have improved skin texture, but nothing.

Sometimes a peel can make melasma worse. The only thing I found to help is taking 3,000-5,000 mg of MSM everyday will lighten the melasma.
What is msm?
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is good for skin, hair and nails. It is the only thing that can help melasma. Never trust lasers and never use hydroquinone. It will lighten at first and then get permanently darker! This cream I put on my face is MSM plus by Life Flo ( I used to take MSM pills but now I use cream). I just discovered something new which I believe will work even better.....it's called Mr. Oxygen's OxySulfur. It's a live form of MSM. I can't wait to try it!