45, Revision with Alloderm - San Diego, CA

Had my first BA in 2005 after breast feeding two...

Had my first BA in 2005 after breast feeding two kids, was a 34C prior to kids and like many, my breasts totally changed after breast feeding. Goal of first BA was simply to get back what I had. Went for the natural look and did mentor moderate profile saline implants filled to 390cc. I'm 5'9, weigh 115, athletic small frame. I should wear a 32D, but hate tight bands so I'm more comfortable in a 34D bra.

Absolutely loved my boobs, over time with a few complications, find myself with rippling, bottoming out and need of a revision. I'm very active and love that high, full, round look so will go bigger this time to find that perfect balance. Not bothered by "fake look", it's my body ;) I am traveling to San Diego to have Dr. Pousti perform my revision with Alloderm. All the research and comments out there about Dr. Pousti and his staff are so true. Absolutely loved him and the staff, very patient, informative, and truly listen!! I drove out for the consult and they called me enroute to make sure I was okay, offer directional help, offered to alter my appointment time based upon my drive out - WOW, such a feeling of caring. Still finalizing size, thinking 650/700cc silicone and getting excited but nervous for the recovery and staying still....

Any advice on size?

I'm wondering about the size of the implant and the gym and cross fit and carrying the weight of a larger implant (650-800). I already wear two sports bras at the gym. I am also getting Alloderm to keep them secure but worried that they'll be heavy for really physical activity. I don't want these girls moving! Below are some of my wish pics...Am I being greedy and unrealistic by wanting everything ...freedom to run and jet ski like a maniac with this size and the high round fullness of larger implants?

3 weeks and counting.....anyone have Alloderm or internal bra procedure?

I feel like I'm pregnant and in that nesting phase....can't seem to shut my mind off at night thinking about the recovery process and what I will need. Since I am having the internal Alloderm to provide support to my breast pocket, I will need to keep my arms at my sides for four weeks. Anyone out there go through this or internal bra procedure with any words of advice?
Been with my hubby for 20 years but the thought of him washing and drying my hair is hilarious, let alone shaving my legs....

3 days to new boobs!!

Leaving tomorrow to drive over to San Diego for my revision with Dr. Pousti on 9/16. Getting nervous and excited, still going back in forth about size 600 - 700. Want the upper round fullness but nervous that will look too huge on my body......

'Twas the Night before New Boobs

Arrived in San Diego and had my pre-op appointment today. Once again, Dr. Pousti and his staff were wonderfully friendly, helpful, and thoroughly answered my questions. Thanks to all you wonderful ladies out there in the Realself community - for the warm recovery wishes and post op advice! Going with HP silicone and confident Dr. Pousti will help me achieve wonderful results. I've included a few before pics from tonight. Can really see the bottoming out on my right side, hard to see the rippling in the picture but it's bad! I'll have my hubby post pics for me post op.

Day 1 post op

Surgery was yesterday, besides feeling tight, all is good. Keeping my elbows tucked to my sides and my hubby has been an extraordinary nurse ???? Pain meds really knock me out, so not sure what my ending size is but I can see some nice upper round cleavage. Have four drains due to the Alloderm, so apologize that my pic is rather raw. Will post more after my follow up on Friday.

Day 4 Post Op

Had my initial follow up with Dr. Pousti late yesterday. Still have considerable drainage, so my four drains are still in...We decided to travel home so I could rest better. We'll drive back to San Diego on Thursday to hopefully remove the drains. Saw pictures from my surgery and final result. I am super exited to see them as I was so happy with the pictures. I ended up with 545cc both sides and let me tell you, although I'm swollen, they are quite large on my frame. I'm glad I left it to Dr. Pousti to choose final size, as I think my original thoughts of 600/700 would have been way too much for my body. I'm am still super bloated and puffy from the anesthetia, can't wait for that to subside. Stopped taking the pain meds cause they made me sick even with the anti nausea medicine. I am taking a muscle relaxer at night which helps. How long does it take for this bloating and puffiness to go away?

Day 6 post op....love them!!!

Pain meds and me don't seem to mix well even with taking the anti nausea medicine. What seems to hurt most is the sides where the drains are. Been trying to meditate and use visualization to avoid the pain meds and use the muscle relaxer at night to try to sleep. This bloating and no BM is the worst, been taking those Colace pills and nothing! What have others tried? My skin on my tummy is so bloated and tight it hurts more than my boobs - crazy!!! Asked my hubby to clean off my sharpie marks and this is the first time I took the surgical bra off - seeing my breasts for the first time.... I am in love, so happy. I will definitely give Dr. Pousti a kiss on the cheek when I go back to get my drains out. He is truly an awesome PS but a wonderful and kind man.

Two weeks PO

Saw Dr. Pousti yesterday for my 2 week post op. Was so happy to get my four drains finally removed. He doubled up the Alloderm on both sides, so I guess I just had a lot fluid that needed the extra time to drain. I feel 1000 times better now that they are out. Will still have bolster on for three more weeks and continued elbows to ribs. I love how they look now, so I am so excited to see how they continue to settle. As always, Dr. Pousti was awesome - answered all my questions, spent time with my husband and his questions as well. The removal of the drains was done with such care, hardly felt anything except for some pulling with one drain. I can't completely convey how wonderful I have been treated and cared for by Dr. Pousti and his staff. I did kiss him on the cheek yesterday because I was so happy. For those of you thinking about revision surgery especially with use of Alloderm - I would highly recommend Dr. Pousti! I've attached a couple of pics that Dr. Pousti's staff took yesterday in the office.

Two week PO pics

A little humor....

Saw this on Rotten eCards, a little augmentation humor - happy Friday!

5 weeks PO update

It's been awhile since I've updated....really focused on healing, keeping my arms at my sides, sleeping upright. My tailbone is absolutely killing me sleeping upright but after all this want to really to heal properly. I took a fall which has set me back, but I'm plugging along. I developed a rash from the bolster tape, so had to change to a paper tape. Finally got to remove the bolster - yeah!!

I've been taking Singulair to help soften up the implants and massage but still really firm. When will they soften up?? I still have my Steri strips, so the whole showering thing is still challenging, but I am really so happy with my results so far!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

As you can see from my posts to date, I have had such a wonderful experience in the care I have received from Dr. Pousti and his staff. Being an out of state patient has been so easy, and they are so accommodating. I would highly recommend Dr. Pousti. I am still pretty fresh PO, but love what I see so far! His bedside manner and ability to clearly articulate his understanding of his patient's desired outcome is awesome. I originally was thinking about a size much larger than what matched my lifestyle. He could have easily put a much larger beautiful set of breasts on me but knew after conversations with me and my husband that he could achieve my desired outcome with less cc's. We talked about it multiple times, and I totally trusted Dr. Pousti and left it in his hands along with all my "wish" pics. I am so happy with my results, he truly knew what was best. Would highly recommend him