45, Revision with Alloderm - San Diego, CA

Had my first BA in 2005 after breast feeding two...

Had my first BA in 2005 after breast feeding two kids, was a 34C prior to kids and like many, my breasts totally changed after breast feeding. Goal of first BA was simply to get back what I had. Went for the natural look and did mentor moderate profile saline implants filled to 390cc. I'm 5'9, weigh 115, athletic small frame. I should wear a 32D, but hate tight bands so I'm more comfortable in a 34D bra.

Absolutely loved my boobs, over time with a few complications, find myself with rippling, bottoming out and need of a revision. I'm very active and love that high, full, round look so will go bigger this time to find that perfect balance. Not bothered by "fake look", it's my body ;) I am traveling to San Diego to have Dr. Pousti perform my revision with Alloderm. All the research and comments out there about Dr. Pousti and his staff are so true. Absolutely loved him and the staff, very patient, informative, and truly listen!! I drove out for the consult and they called me enroute to make sure I was okay, offer directional help, offered to alter my appointment time based upon my drive out - WOW, such a feeling of caring. Still finalizing size, thinking 650/700cc silicone and getting excited but nervous for the recovery and staying still....

Any advice on size?

I'm wondering about the size of the implant and the gym and cross fit and carrying the weight of a larger implant (650-800). I already wear two sports bras at the gym. I am also getting Alloderm to keep them secure but worried that they'll be heavy for really physical activity. I don't want these girls moving! Below are some of my wish pics...Am I being greedy and unrealistic by wanting everything ...freedom to run and jet ski like a maniac with this size and the high round fullness of larger implants?

3 weeks and counting.....anyone have Alloderm or internal bra procedure?

I feel like I'm pregnant and in that nesting phase....can't seem to shut my mind off at night thinking about the recovery process and what I will need. Since I am having the internal Alloderm to provide support to my breast pocket, I will need to keep my arms at my sides for four weeks. Anyone out there go through this or internal bra procedure with any words of advice?
Been with my hubby for 20 years but the thought of him washing and drying my hair is hilarious, let alone shaving my legs....

3 days to new boobs!!

Leaving tomorrow to drive over to San Diego for my revision with Dr. Pousti on 9/16. Getting nervous and excited, still going back in forth about size 600 - 700. Want the upper round fullness but nervous that will look too huge on my body......

'Twas the Night before New Boobs

Arrived in San Diego and had my pre-op appointment today. Once again, Dr. Pousti and his staff were wonderfully friendly, helpful, and thoroughly answered my questions. Thanks to all you wonderful ladies out there in the Realself community - for the warm recovery wishes and post op advice! Going with HP silicone and confident Dr. Pousti will help me achieve wonderful results. I've included a few before pics from tonight. Can really see the bottoming out on my right side, hard to see the rippling in the picture but it's bad! I'll have my hubby post pics for me post op.

Day 1 post op

Surgery was yesterday, besides feeling tight, all is good. Keeping my elbows tucked to my sides and my hubby has been an extraordinary nurse ???? Pain meds really knock me out, so not sure what my ending size is but I can see some nice upper round cleavage. Have four drains due to the Alloderm, so apologize that my pic is rather raw. Will post more after my follow up on Friday.

Day 4 Post Op

Had my initial follow up with Dr. Pousti late yesterday. Still have considerable drainage, so my four drains are still in...We decided to travel home so I could rest better. We'll drive back to San Diego on Thursday to hopefully remove the drains. Saw pictures from my surgery and final result. I am super exited to see them as I was so happy with the pictures. I ended up with 545cc both sides and let me tell you, although I'm swollen, they are quite large on my frame. I'm glad I left it to Dr. Pousti to choose final size, as I think my original thoughts of 600/700 would have been way too much for my body. I'm am still super bloated and puffy from the anesthetia, can't wait for that to subside. Stopped taking the pain meds cause they made me sick even with the anti nausea medicine. I am taking a muscle relaxer at night which helps. How long does it take for this bloating and puffiness to go away?
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations rainyanne! Can't wait to see and hear about the internal bra results!! Glad you're following doctor's orders and taking it easy!
Yeah! Glad to see you smiling and all went well. Can't wait for more pics and see what size you went with. I actually booked today for next week! Great idea with the neck pillow! Also how is the hotel? Im debating whether to stay in SD or drive 1 1/2 home. Keep us posted. Rest and enjoy the meds! lol!
Since I live in AZ, hotel was best option for us. We come to SD all the time, so I'm very cozy in this full service Marriott. If the drive isn't that long for you, to me being cozy at home is always best! When are you scheduled next week? The neck pillow has been super helpful to me. One word of advice, pain meds always make me sick, so I've only taken two, BIG mistake!! Toughing out the pain is not good - take the pain meds!!
Good morning, I am scheduled for 2:00 next Friday. :// I am sooo nervous cause I remember the pain! But I have one flap jack (deflation) so I gotta do it!!! Oh and I will remember to take the meds. and TO EAT with them! That was my mistake last time. I took without eating and felt so sick. Happy healing!!! Hope today is even better for you! PS Thanks for updating , talking with you is soothing my nerves and giving me encouragement!! Keep smiling you look great!!!
I'm loving that smile and you can see cleavage already and its just the top of them lol! You have waited so long for this...I wish you every happiness. ...so wonderful to see that smile....big hugs shelly xoxo
Thanks Shelly! Of course I'm super anxious for my appointment on Friday to get a peek at them and find out my size. I'm feeling super bloated and my fingers are crazy swollen, can't wait for all this anesthesia to get out of my system.
Yep..its awful stuff...ahh the things we do for our happiness!! Just try to drink water to flush it out. You will be so happy with your results I know for sure! I was very very keen on Pousti too...it was just that he only said he goes through the nipple which I was avoiding as I already crease incision. Can't wait to see your results too!!!
Also..what size do you think he put in?? I'm guessing 700cc :) they look like it anyway :)
Yeah! somebody is smiling.. I am so happy for you!...good luck with recovery. can't wait to see you new boobies. xoxo
How are you healing Ali? The thing that is driving me crazy is not washing my hair! How did you handle that piece? I can't move my arms with the Alloderm, so my hubby has been doing his best with keeping me clean but not sure how to tackle my hair!!
I washed my loooong hair on day 4 very slowly, I was surprised I could do it. If you can't do it, let your hubby help you wash it in the sink, do not strain yourself. I am healing fine, I love my boobies the way they are, I don't want them to change....that much I love them...ha ha. I am happy! 3 weeks later I still feel pinch here, pinch there, but I think that is normal. Be strong, the first week is tough, but week after gets more easier. I had only discomfort, but not the pain. For bowel movement some girls swear that prunes or prune juice works.
Hi Rainyanne, Your posts are the reason I went to see Dr. Pousti today! Seems like we want very similar results. He suggested today internal sutures rather than a lift for me also so I am extremely interested in how it goes for you. He also suggested saline to achieve the upper round fullness which was different than what the other 2 doctors I saw recommended. Did you go with saline? Are you going through the nipple? Looking forward to seeing your results! Wishing you a speedy pain free recovery!!!
Thank you for the well wishes! How funny, I was there today too doing my pre-op, what a small world! I am going HP silicone. My first BA was saline and I have experienced a lot of rippling on the side, so I wanted to minimize that from happening this time. I have thin skin, so if I choose to go saline it would have occurred again. Hope you had a positive experience! I just love the staff in the office.
hi rainyanne. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I am so excited for you!!! you will be fine.
Thanks Ali :) Got my prescriptions, frozen peas, jello and powerade all set. Getting excited, hope I can sleep tonight....have to be there at 5:45 am!!
Feel free to take a look at my pics!
I have an internal bra; I love it; even when I'm braless or lying down my breast sit up; they don't fall to the sides or sag at all; they are very soft and still so bouncy; the internal bra helps my breast sit up to the point where I have major cleavage even when wearing the simplest sports bra; no need to wear push up anymore the breast will sit up like a push up!!
Your cleavage is awesome! Tomorrow is the big day; will have my hubby post pics after surgery.
Ooo I'm so excited for you!!! Im sure that dr POUSTI will guide you to the best size...you are in the best hands...I can't wait to see your results hugs shelly xoxo
Soon!!! Best of luck to you!!
Thank you so much! I know I'll need to be patient to appreciate the results, so trying to focus one day at a time!
Congrats on your decision to use a dermal matrix!! I had Strattice for my revision (same as alloderm) and although initially it was quite painful (it hurt to breathe, like a truck hit me) unlike the first BA, after day 3 and the drains were out I healed fast. I teach and practice yoga and I was back in class at 2 weeks legs only and did leg cardio. I tried running at 4 or 5 weeks, but the incision still hurt where the bra(s) rubbed, so I stuck with ellipticals and biking. At 6 weeks I could finally downward dog without discomfort and now at 12 weeks I'm back to handstands and all with no discomfort. You will know when you can move your arms. I could wash my hair for sure by day 3, just couldn't fully extend my arms above my head. Buy a triangular shaped wedge pillow to sleep -- I used mine for 5 weeks!!! It works!! And go big! I can barely notice the 125 cc difference that I have now!! Check out my reviews.
I love your picture in white bra. My surgery is tomorrow. Hope to look like you. I would go ecstatic.
Awh, thank you! Good luck tomorrow, try to get some sleep tonight! Sending you good thoughts :) Can't wait to hear how it went and see your results. Has your PS advised what type of waterproof tape to use over your Steri Strips? I'm starting to get a little anxious now, my surgery is in three weeks on 9/16...just trying to think of things I should get ahead of time for the recovery process. Any advice?
Very nice wish pics; I have extra large breast implants and mine are heavy at times; but it depends on the support of the sportsbras I choose; i have several sportsbras that support me quite well; where i have no bounce when I'm working out; checkout my pics; I love my 800cc! I'm not familiar with alloderm but I did have an internal bra done; sounds like u and I are silimiar in size; I'm 5'8 135 pds'