Stage One Surgery: LBL, Armlift, Stomach Lipo, Lower Back Lipo, Lipo On Upper Sides, Thigh Lipo - San Antonio, TX

I can't believe this is actually happening! I...

I can't believe this is actually happening! I have decided to go with Dr. Peter Fisher for my plastic surgery after massive weight loss. I had Gastric Bypass in August of 2011 and have lost about 110 lbs. I had my first consultation with Fisher in April of this year. In addition to him I consulted with two other surgeons specializing in MWL patients. I have a follow up appointment with Fisher at the end of this month and at that time I will schedule my first of two surgeries. My goal is to have my first surgery in July of this year which will include the LBL, armlift, and full thigh Lipo. I would like to have my second surgery in December of this year which will include a breast lift, and full thigh lift. I am so excited to put the final touches on my weight loss journey. I am so blessed to have found RS. This website has played an instrumental part in my decision making process. I have come into contact with such great people on RS and appreciate everyone's feedback. Trying to build up enough courage to post my before/after pics! I'll keep you guys posted!

1 WEEK

In one week I will be having my follow up with Dr Fisher and setting my surgery date! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

Tomorrow

Well, I have my follow up appointment with Fisher at 8 am tomorrow. I'm sure I won't get any sleep tonight! Keeping my fingers crossed he has an opening for surgery in early July. Gosh, I am experiencing so many emotions! After my appointment I will post exactly what will be done during my stage 1 surgery.

It's Official

My surgery will be on July 25th 2014! Just a few days before my birthday. Happy birthday to me! Dr. Fisher was great during my follow up appointment today. He took the time to answer all of my follow up questions. I really like his approach and he is very honest about the end result. No sugar coating! He is very caring and is truly passionate about helping MWL patients. I like his philosophy that every patient is not the same. He really takes the time to tailor every procedure to each patients specific needs and body type. I am really glad I chose Dr F. I really believe he will give me the best result possible. And yes, I will post some pics at some point. Still building the courage to "rip off the bandaid" .
So I will be getting a LBL, arm lift (without extended J), HEAVY Lipo to the thighs, Lipo to the stomach, Lipo to the lower back, and some Lipo to upper sides (underneath armpits and to the side of breasts area). He said my results should be very good and I should end up with a nice backside, since I have a large one to begin with. :)
So my goal now is to get my extra protein in, get some blood work done, and I would like to lose about 5 to 10 lbs before surgery.

Getting Excited

I'm so excited and nervous about my upcoming surgery. This is going to be a very busy few weeks for me. I have my Dr's appointment to get blood work and an EKG on July 16th. Slowly starting to buy everything I need for my at home recovery. I Will post items as I buy them.

1. Odered a lift chair for a month
2. Purchased a couple of night gowns that button all the way down the front

List of supplies continued. ...

3. Decided it would be a good idea to buy puppy pads. I am going to cover the lift chair with them. I have this fear I will be leaking everywhere and don't want to get it on the rental chair. Sounds like a logical game plan in my head....... we shall see how I works out.

4. Bought a pair of thick, high wasted, to the ankle, firm shapewear bottoms today at Wal-Mart. There is a pretty big difference in price between shapewear and compression garmets, so I asked the good Dr if they serve the same purpose. The answer is YES!

Side Note

It really drives me nuts that I can't edit a particular post, especially when I see spelling errors. Grrrrr

Dr Appointment

Got all my blood work and EKG done this morning. .. Hoping everything turns out ok so I can be cleared for surgery! They should have the results in by Friday.

List continued. .

5. Miralax powder
6. Probiotic and Fiber gummies

List continued. ..

7. Ordered a full body compression garmet and arm compression garmet from EBAY.
8. Ordered silicone tape, and gelzone wrap from Amazon.
9. Ordered toilet seat riser from Wal-Mart.

Sounding Board

Feeling a lot of emotions today.... Second guessing myself a little bit. Wondering if it's crazy to be spending an obscene amount of money on these procedures. Having friends and family telling me I look fine and should not even consider getting this done. I know they love me and mean well, but I think if you have never been obese, then it is really hard for someone to relate to what I have gone through. Also, I'm so nervous about the outcome. I mean, I dare not dream of looking awesome, just normal.... But what if I end up Not liking the reflection in the mirror? And is my version of normal, really normal? I can only dream of wearing a tank top and a long pair of shorts. When all is said and done, what if I still can't bring myself to wear these things? I would then feel like the surgery was a waste.
My boyfriend is taking care of me and I am so nervous about him seeing me at my worst looking like a freak! I mean it's not like I prance around in front of him naked and now I just have to let it all hang out and give up control! He tells me I'm beautiful and he loves me no matter what, which I appreciate..... but that doesn't take away from the fact that I am freaking out inside!
Ok, I'm done..... just needed to vent and get it out. Lol

List Continued

10. Gauze
11. 2 Grabbers

Nerves

So I'm thinking this is going to be a rough week. My nerves are really starting kick in. I didn't fall asleep until 6 am this morning! I was up all night thinking about the surgery. Hoping I can get in some sleep this week.....

Labs

Lab work is in, everything looks good, and I am cleared for surgery! ????

No Food!

So starting tomorrow I will be on a liquid diet until Friday. I'm sure I will be a blast in a glass for the next couple of days... ????

Can we say headache?!?!?

This liquid diet sucks!!!!! My head hurts so bad!!!! On a brighter note, I am excited for my markup at 2pm tomorrow. I'm sure it will be uncomfortable and emotional.

Big Day

So tomorrow is the big day!! Praying I am prepared and have everything I need. I have to be at the hospital at 530 am and go into surgery at 7 am. I had my markup appointment this afternoon and I was in awe of the skin that will be removed. It was very emotional realizing that huge chunks of my body will be removed. I was very impressed with the time Dr Fisher took to mark me up. He really takes pride in giving his patients the best result possible. I can tell he is very passionate about his craft. I'm sure I won't get any rest tonight, but I will have plenty of Time for that tomorrow during my 10 hour surgery. Yes, 10 hours!!! Wish me luck!!!
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Uncomfortable I am sure. He takes 2 hours. I would have died if my first surgery markup took that long - back when I was so timid with my body and ashamed of it. I absolutely hated my first markup but at least it was fairly quick. I was much more comfortable with my second markup except that I was freaking out about how he would mark me up for my inner thigh lift. Most surgeons mark everywhere they cut and I just could not bring myself to ask Dr. Capella about the markup. I had butterflies in my stomach after he told me how I would be positioned for surgery - when I was unconscious, so imagine how I would feel when i was conscious for the markup. Well, he hardly marked my thighs at all, just a line from my knees to about halfway up my thigh. He does the rest intraoperatively and I was glad for that! At this point I am so very comfortable with my body that I could dance naked in the rain, LOL. Good luck with the markup tomorrow!
Good luck! I'm very excited for you!
Thanks!!
Good luck can't wait!!!!!
Good luck!
Thank you!
two days girlie! Sorry i have been so out of touch - Job is squeezing me dry to get work out of me prior to my leave....(sigh....)
I know, I can't believe it!!!! 2 Days!!
see i think the loophole is no exclusion of Alcohol - wine is a liquid right? ;-p
Great minds think alike! !! LOL
Some patients take an RX drug to keep them calm that week or days leading up to surgery. Ask your PCP or PS.
Good idea!
Hey sweetie, I have been through everything you are feeling now and more. Just hang in there.
Thanks!!!
Wow it won't be long now!
I know!!!!
Nervous, excited, both?
All of the above! ! Lol
Hi Sweetie! Just wanted to say thinking of YOU as your big day is fast approaching! 11 days!
Aweee thanks! I have my Dr's appointment tomorrow to get an EKG and blood work done. I need to call JoAnn to set up a garmet fitting appointment this week. Just trying to keep busy so I don't allow myself to freak out! Lol
Just checking in, getting close.... Xo
Thanks! I'm getting excited! !!
Isn't it amazing how all of the sudden surgery day is almost here?
I know! I just realized yesterday that it's two weeks away! I'm kind of in freak out mode now, trying to get everything I need!!
We are not allowed to post external links but if it is helpful to you, you can Google "My Bariatric Life Tummy Tuck" and see the list of supplies I bought, and items that I wish I had bought. I think it is part 3 and 4 of the article series. Tty to relax between now and surgery!