Rhinoplasty Surgery preperation

I've booked to do nose surgery with dr Shahidi on...

I've booked to do nose surgery with dr Shahidi on 27th of November at North shore hospital. I'm opening this review to gain feedback from the people that have already done it with him. I would like to know in advance if there is anything that I need to get prepared for (ie: medication, hospital, recovery..etc).
Hi there, I had surgery with dr shahidi on sept 11. So far I'm quite pleased. The first week you will have bouts of sadness but know that's its worth it. I took loads of before pics so if I did feel sad I would look at them and be happy I did it. It really worked! Also your smile will be tight for weeks. Mine is still not 100% but he said that's normal and should be back by 6 weeks. I found that he prepared me quite a bit mentally. He was honest and said the first month is the "ugly month" due to the swelling and raised tip.. But just remember the swelling does subside and the tip does drop a little. I hope you post pic and look forward to seeing your progress. Oh and ears lots of pineapple for healing..
Hi Ninos. I got my cast off yesterday. Shahidi is a magician! Already seeing amazing results. Hope this helps with your confidence going forward. I will post some pics soon x
Glad to hear that all went well :) I have couple of questions if you don't mind: - how many consultation you had with dr shahidi prior to surgery apart from the first one?? - did the dr perform open or closed rhinoplasty?? Thanks in advance.

Getting a rhinoplasty with Dr Shahidi

I've had a broken nose for many years and have always wanted to eventually fix it.

Recently, I have taken the initiative to consult with a few Dr's in order to make my final decision and I have made up my mind to operate with Dr Shahidi whom I found I was more comfortable with.

I'm kind of nervous cause I've never done any operation before and sometimes I ask myself (how about if I don't like my new nose??). But I think this is a normal feeling and I'm sure everyone goes through it when considering a rhinoplasty.

I've uploaded a computer generated image done by doctor shahidi on the consultation day so please feel free to give any feedback. I will also upload additional pictures after the surgery is done which is on 27th of Nov 2013.
Hey hey. I had mine with dr shahidi 4th September and although it was only 6/7 weeks ago I have become so used to my new nose and haven't looked back! All you need to do now is mentally prepare yourself because post surgery was a very rough time. I felt as though it went in stages which kind of helped to think about like that. Day 2-5 were uncomfortable and I was quite anxious and mentally drained. You question your decision and feel so lethargic. Couple days before cast removal I felt fine and then cast removal was such a shock! No matter how much dr shahidi warned me about ugly month it still did nothing to prepare me for how truely ugly it looked! Some days id laugh when I looked in the mirror and some days (only a few all up) my mind got the better of me and I thought this was the final result and regretted my decision so much, even though I was told 100 times it was super swollen. Once the bad swelling goes the swelling still lingers and my nose is constantly changing. It went from very round and fat and now its very pointy as the tip swelling is so stubborn. After only 6 weeks I can pinch the skin on the bridge and seperate it from the bone and my bridge has become so little, narrow and gorgeous looking in only the past week. I have stayed very very healthy (except alcohol!!) through the whole process and my body has healed so well. Some days I cant believe its actually going to get better than it looks now and some days its swollen as anything. The heat in sydney at the moment doesn't help! My advice is get seriously healthy as this will help heal a million times faster. When I got my cast off dr shahidi couldn't believe I looked 100% normal as all swelling and brusing was gone in just 7 days. Mentally prepare but most importantly have support around you! Im very lucky to be have very good mental health and a strong mind but I still couldn't have done it alone. My bf would snort at me because I resembled a pig and little things like that made it so much easier and less serious. Good luck if u have any questions just ask! I took my photos down but would be happy to inbox some to you. He has done the most closed rhinos in the whole of australia so you are in great hands!!
Haha wowe I had no idea that was so long until I posted it!
Thanks for sharing your experience and it really makes a difference when reading it in terms of getting more comfortable doing rhinoplasty..many thanks for your time in writing your story and the journey of your rhinoplasty surgery. I'm starting to take photos now of my nose every day eventhough my gf gets annoyed and we fight sometimes over it but after couple of minutes we're back to normal :) lol..I still remember when you posted some photos before and your nose looked great..I will post some photos later after my operation is done. Thx again.

Need ideas on which style to choose for my nose..

I need some ideas on which style looks better..I'm kinda liking photo 2 but I think the tip is a bit high..it'd be appreciated if I can get some ideas on which style to chose weather 1 or 2.

New computer image which includes two styles

Good luck tomorrow
All the best for your surgery this week. Let us know how it goes!

Less than 8 hours to go......

Feeling a bit nervous as my surgery is tomorrow morning...can't wait to get over and done :(
Good luck!
good luck! Cant wait to hear more about your experience with Dr Shahidi, really thinking about choosing him for my rhinoplasty.
Before you do anything, ask your doctor how he treats post-op swelling if you haven't already and what material he'll be using into your nose. I rushed into it--these are questions to ask BEFORE SURGERY. (Wish I'd seen this sooner.) Ask how long you'll be swollen if you haven't already. I didn't and I regret it.

After I woke up from surgery

Feeling normal but have a sore throat..

After I woke up from surgery

Feeling normal but have a sore throat..
I have mine booked with Shahidi on the 5th, he is very honest and ive seen great results on others.

Summary of 7 days after surgery

Summary of 7 days after surgery:
- Day one (Surgery day): felt ok after surgery and spend most of day sleeping at home and just trying to get used to breathing from mouth. No pain at all.
- Day two: felt ok as well but had a sore throat and spend most of the day sleeping as well.
- Day three and four: all I can say about day three and four,, a total disaster..I literally wanted to take the cast off myself...couldn't stand myself and couldn't sleep at night too.
- Day five, sex and seven: it was ok overall but was feeling dizzy every now and then as I couldn't eat properly and spend the whole seven days eating soups,,drinks..etc.

Also felt sometimes like having a fever and sometimes a pressure on my top as if there is something cold covering my nose.

I didn't use pain killers at all but had to sneeze couple of times. It feels exactly like having a flu but this one a bit more uncomfortable.

Tomorrow is my eighth day if you include the surgery day and have an appointment with Dr Shahidi to take the cast off. Hopefully this will take some pressure out of my face and at least sleep properly at night.
How are things going with your nose?

18 days post op!!!!

The cast was removed a week ago and my nose looked fat and big but I know it's cause of the swelling...it's settling now but only one concern I have is that if you look from front the left side is lower than right which is really bothering me..the side profile looks nice though... I have an appointment with Dr shahidi next week to let him know about the issue but I hope it's just sweeling :(
Hey do you have any photos? Can't see them. Congrats on taking the plunge. I'm seeing him for a consult in Nov
How did it go with your nose? Did the unevenness settle down?
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon