First Step... -Sacramento, CA

I've been a member of this site for over a year...

I've been a member of this site for over a year now and I can't tell you how valuable it has been for me. My story starts like most rhinoplasty stories begin... awkward puberty years, nose started getting bigger & crooked, constant embarrassment, lack of self esteem, etc. etc. In my late teens I started modeling and I learned my angles and learned how to pose for photos in the most flattering ways. This has been a life saver and a curse at the same time... I know I am hyper-critical of myself and I am constantly aware of cameras and where I am at in relation to the picture-taker. I have un-tagged probably hundreds of photos on social media- lol. Most of you can probably relate ;)

My profile is awful. Straight on, there's a definite curve to my nose- it points off to the right. People only notice if I say something about it so I learned to stop doing that a long time ago. I have a big bump on my nose, and I feel that my nostrils are too long and my nose should be deprojected. I think that is my greatest fear about the surgery. I want to know that my Doctor can shorten the length of my nostrils while deprojecting my hose without ruining the tip. I actually like the narrowness of my nose and the way my tip looks.

I plan to consult with a few Doctors locally. One is a referral from a girl I went to H.S. with, and the other is a Doctor I have seen mentioned on here a few times but who keeps more of a low profile. I plan on scheduling my consultations in January and feeling it out from there.

This journal entry is my first big step... it is such a small one but it makes me feel like it's really going to happen. I am blessed with a supportive husband and as long as I feel comfortable with the surgeon, I know this is the right thing to do. I am SO TIRED of feeling self conscious about my face.

I'll update when I get my consultations scheduled, and I will add some photos as well.

Hey just posted an update and if you would like I can send you some of my befores and afters privately. But I put afters up on my profile now.
Thanks! I'm kind of a RealSelf idiot and didn't even notice you had replied- I sent you a message with my e-mail address. Thank you so much! I really love your results :)
Writing the first journal entry is the first step! :) I'm pretty much at the same stage you are! Please keep us updated!
I will! Excited about the journey :)
I'm glad you did start your story. It makes everything feel more real, doesn't it? I can attest that not having to think about your nose is soooo liberating. It sounds like you're doing your homework. Here's a list of questions you might want to print out and take with you on consultations. Keep us posted!
thank you!
Hi - Good luck in your consultation. Have you picked the doctor? I look foward to your updates. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
there are a couple I am considering for consultations- I will post when I meet with them and let you know how they were!