Happy with Picosure! - Sacramento, CA

I just wrote a very detailed review and then lost...

I just wrote a very detailed review and then lost it because I clicked out accidentally! I want to get this rolling so I'm posting the basics now:)

First of all, thanks to everyone for sharing your removal process- I'm another one who has benefited greatly and want to add to the wealth of info. on here!
I will share more of my motivation later. I relate to some of the difficult stages of regret but am feeling positive/ at ease about the whole thing now. Luckily I think many tattoos are beautiful and so no negativity there- but am also totally clear and resolved to remove mine!
These tattoos are all 10+ years old and professionally done. I only posted sections as to keep this private from anyone who could recognize them. These pics. aren't of too much value since I have no baseline but they are a start!
The first 2 had much darker, bolder outlines then the 3rd, which was crappily done (funny how that's a good thing now:). The first 2 are around 2 by 2 inches and on my inner arm above my wrist. The 3rd is a section of a 3/4 sleeve- but not a solid sleeve. As you can probably tell, I began coloring it in and then realized that I wasn't going to be any happier with it so luckily stopped. The sleeve has black outline, some shading, the green and blue scales and red flames (yay!) luckily the flames are sparse and pretty light on ink- I will have to treat them with a different laser later.
All tattoos responded very well to the pico treatment. The two smaller tattoos had blue- in the frame of the 2nd and in 2 squares of the 1st- all is 95% clear- only a faint hint of blue left, if any. The 2nd had purple in the little round clouds at the top of the frame and that is 100% gone- the outline faded and broke up. The first had the thickest lines and they are thinner and faded. The yellow in the 2nd looks unchanged to me but I'm fine being left with a little sun burst on my arm.
The sleeve's outline is the most drastic- it is almost gone in places. The bright green in the scales faded and turned to yellow- -we will see what happens with the yellow(?) and the blue is greatly faded. The colors were newer and very bright- about 4 by 1 inch filled in.

I plan on booking a treatment at Trueskin in the coming weeks. The price I listed was in CA- the UK treatments will be 799 euros! I'll leave quite a bit of time in between passes. My goal is 3 passes by summer:)
Also, I'm a runner in my mid 30's- don't smoke.

Thanks again!

#2 Picosure at Trueskin at Bluewater (UK) = less fading

Hi,

I finally got over to Bluewater- took 2 high speed trains and a bus from Paris (3 hours)! Wow, what a production- I am trying to keep the negativity at bay- so many other things I could have done with a full day and 500 pounds and 100 euros:) Holly was my laser technician and she was very nice- which helped quite a bit. I used the cool air machine but no other pain relieving substances.
I'm fairly dissapointed about the effects this time around but I know that is standard- less obvious fading right away. The damage to my skin was much less this time, almost nothing but managable swelling and redness on one arm and the little bumpy blistering on the dragon. She had it at a 3. I'm guessing that wasn't strong enough for the lighter- dragon arm ink. I'm only doing a section of that tattoo at once at the moment because I was scared of swelling and can't take the time out to have a club arm.
I'll post another set in a few weeks, if they are healed. Hope these are helpful!

pico 1 and 2

Femtosecond Tattoo Removal Laser being developed in Princeton's Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

It's being developed in Princeton's Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. I looked up the patent and they are hoping tattoos can be removed in 1 or 2 times- right away or over weeks! They have a prototype and just got funding for trials for FDA approval. I am very exited, however I have no idea how long it actually takes from prototype to approval to market....?!
Thoughts? Insight?

BTW the pics. are from today and the treatment was yesterday.

Yay! I'm terrible at posting:)

18 days after #2--- not a lot of fading:(

side by side

Sacramento Dermatologist

Dr. Emil Tanghetti's practice was great. They are very experienced, professional and supportive.

That's interesting reading about the femtosecond laser being developed. Imagine getting rid of a tattoo in one or two sessions, think that sounds to good to be true. I'm sure I read it took 9 years for the picosure laser to go from the prototype and onto the market so I wouldn't hold your breathe on seeing a new laser come on the market for while yet anyways.
unfortunately no before pics.- someday I may track one down- but only have really blurry ones. The first set of pics. is many months after #1. The place in Germany near Frankfurt does seem better. I will probably go there next- since I'll be in France for longer than expected.
it would be nice to have something to compare. it seems that your outlines have nearly disappeared from only two treatments..
Ya, unfortunately- my outlines were fairly light to begin with, it's been a year between treatments and this second one barely faded them:( Although, I only had a small section of the colorless scales treated this time. So you have to look at the outline around the color- if that makes sense. Still, the pico barely had an effect on the outline around the tail...?
but you only treated your ink to times with a laser? have there been outlines? :P
I'm not sure if I understand your question. To be clear, I actually only treated much of my tattoo 1 time. And only some of the red flames have been treated at all- with a different laser over a year ago. This 2nd pico treatment was only the color in the dragon and tail including it's outline and a few of the scales without color- to see their progress. I also treated a little plain black swirl in the same area. I did it that way because I wanted to avoid serious swelling- The time before I had a lot of swelling down to my hand for 3 or 4 days.
another question: do you have a before picture?
Hey. Where are you from? You are writing paris?! Why don't you go to germany for the picosure treatment?
it seemed harder to get there + I don't speak German...
if you are from paris i think it is way cheaper to get there than to the uk. and i think they speak english ;)
and the price per treatment is cheaper i guess
Hey. Just checking fir any updates. Hope everything is going well?

Thank you for sharing! When are you going for your second treatment?  I can't wait to see it!

Hey there! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your story! Can't wait to see your results!