Navel Breast Augmentation Was a Mistake for Me!! -Rogers, AR

I thought having the navel procedure would be a...

I thought having the navel procedure would be a positive experience with it being a trending method for implants, but I have major regrets. It has been 2 yrs. since my surgery and I had concerns about my implant procedure, so I scheduled an appt. to get a second opinion about my concerns (having a lopsided, unnatural feeling breast) because Elkins said I just have no muscle and fat and "well you look fine under clothing, so don't worry". Turns out that both my implants were not inserted under the muscle; hence the lopsided appearance and "having no muscle" (according to Elkins). Please re-consider the navel procedure and do not use Elkins. It is a "blind" procedure according to my second opinion Dr. and is just a guess in terms of the placement. Now I have to pay almost $7000 to fix his mistake. Plus, I have a damaged nipple and have to have my capsule removed and reconstructed. I thought this wasn't going to be a big deal, but I am so unhappy and depressed about it and I feel bad for my hubby who didn't think this would ever happen. :'(

Revisited my original PS...

May 23rd, I revisited my original PS because I have been miserable, need something done sooner than I can save for. My husband and I both called to voice our concerns about my results and the nurse asked if I would visit to see if there was anything they could do to make it right.

My husband went with me for support and was ready to let him hear his thoughts about the situation and I was surprised with the professionalism my PS had about this. He told me that obviously that is not how I should look- thinking that with my CC last year, which he popped, we may have bottomed it out. He asked my conclusion on how to I'd like to fix them. And, I explained that I would just like them removed! We considered other options like replacing them, but we decided that if my muscle on the left didn't hold, then I would never get the results I wanted.

I am disappointed that I cannot keep my size D, but am relieved that I may experience some normality again with my original A. Who knows - maybe one day I'll gain some weight and become a B! Or build enough muscle to try new breasts again...:)

My surgery is scheduled for Friday June 7th...and I am getting nervous about losing a part of myself that I've grown to love.

Updates and pictures to follow!

P.S. Did I mention he is removing the FREE of charge?!

Today's surgery day!!

I my goodness I am sooo nervous this morning, I have a 2 hour drive with my aunt before surgery. Wish me luck!!

Back from surgery!

Well all went well - from what I remember. I feel slightly sore but it's nothing unmanageable. It looks really flat right now, but I can't wait see them tomorrow when I rewrap my chest.

Does anyone know exactly how long I have to wrap my compression. Couple days Couple weeks?

Numbness!? Is it normal to experience this post operation?

Does anyone here know anything about experiencing numbness in your arm and hand after explant? I really freaked out today when my arm went to sleep- when I raised it above my head, and it doesn't help that I am right handed either!!?! I called my nurse right away and she told me that I had some nerve damage in my right breast. Is this normal?

I have officially seen the girls!!!

Alright ladies, I have seen my original breast- now saggy & wrinkly- and well, I don't think they look pretty- yet, but I am really felling much better. As a bonus, the hubby says it's sexy!! Points for him :)

The scars are tiny and I didn't have but a couple drops of blood on my bandage. I am going to be smooshed for a few weeks, so hopefully that will do most of the work for me and I'll just have to do a lil maintaining!!

Pics are 36 hours post explant!

Thank you all for your support I am so thankful to have found you all!! :) Have a blessed day!

Here's a better scar pic

About 3/4 inch wide only one got a single stitch.

Day 3 Post Explant Pics

Today is actually day 4 and I am going to AR to have my PS review my results today.

I am not sure what I am thinking about them. I tried on an A cup last night and hardly even have anything in there. Will I really be a AA or AAA? Is there such a thing?

I am considering my options to to at least fill up a A cup. What would you suggest?

My plan right now is to firstly heal, really go at it trying to build muscle in that area and consider either a smaller set of implants or - if I can accumulate ANY fat- have some injected into them one day.

1 Week Implant Free

Ah...it has been one week. I feel almost like normal as far as my incisions and much lighter!

And my diet is going good. It's been 3 days to gaining weight to be healthier. Let's hope it distributes evenly and fills up these girlies!! I plan to start my chest exercises in another week or two more consistently. And hardcore in 3 -4 wks, with the help of my husband.

Have I mentioned that I have hardly worked out a day in my life! It is going to be tough to break old habits and was wondering if any of you have any tips to stay motivated with exercising.

I've taken a full body shot to monitor my progress to using natural fat to fill up my breasts. But I was reading some reviews on it last night and they say with time the become normal and most of the fat is just dead cells, which I would think doesn't do too much good.

Has anyone ever used fat transfer for breasts through lipo? How do you fell your experience was?

2 Weeks Post Explant

It has been 2 long weeks- waiting to see some real results for my poorly deflated boobs. :) I think they aren't as droopy as last week and certainly not as wrinkly, since I haven't worn my compression all week. I am not sure they are proportional yet, the nipple and the left one still seems lower, but I am hoping to help that out with this exercise routine:

100 pushups daily
50 butterflies 3 days week
Lifting a 20lb dumbbell 10 times (increase each week)

I am including a pic in my A bra my week 2 progress.

Wk 3 "Getting Muscles"

Here's my week 3 post explant update with pics.

Everything is going well. My left incision is still a little sore, otherwise I they are feeling fine and can take some rough lovin'. ;)

But, I, however, am lovin the fact I can walk around without a bra in a Tee or tank. My tanks w a built in bra are getting some good use these days. Still feeling much lighter and can comfortably workout!

And I am getting some muscles! Yay
James Elkins

Referral from friends and mostly positive reviews.