Revision Rhinoplasty Gone Bad

My nose was shortened and scooped out from a...

My nose was shortened and scooped out from a previous surgery about 4yrs ago. I did alot of research to find a doctor that came highly reccomended. A week after the surgery I got an infection. I called his staff on Monday when I first realized something wasn't right and got brushed off till Wednesday. The nurse that still is working there shockingly told me it was normal swelling don't worry will see u on Wednesday. Called again later on monday to get the same response. Finally Wednesday came went in to my doctors office where I proceeded to wait for over an hour. When he finally saw me he said u have a bad infection. I replied I called two days ago twice and got brushed off. Needless to say he wasn't happy with the nurse but yet she still has her job.

It's been over 3 months since my surgery. My nose looks like a train reck. I have a bump at the top of the graft where it looks like the graft warped and the cartilage is about to break through my skin. My nose looks like it's way too big for my face and my nostrils are a disaster way to visible from fontal view and there not symetrical. My doctor is maintaining that his work was perfect but the infection did all of this to my nose. In his defense he does seem like a nice guy and he said he's going to take care of it and fix it free of charge. So I'll let u know how it goes when he goes back in again in June.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I got an infection so obviously it could have effected the outcome of his work. I do feel he made my nose to big for my face reguardless of the infection. Right now I wouldn't reccomend him cause I'm pissed about what's gone on but hopefully for my sake he can rebound and fix this like he showed in his computer imaging. It's not how u start the race it's how u finish and I'm praying Dr. J finishes strong. I'll let u know how it goes after he goes back in.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I am thinking of surgery with this doctor, can someone please let me know if there are before/after rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery pictures from him posted on this site by any of his patients. Did he ever fix the Melville patient's nose like he promised? Is the patient now happy? Why would there have been an infection? They told me in his office that it is better than a hospital because there is no chance of a staph infection.... I am also wondering why there are only four reviews posted about him when he has such busy long island and NYC offices? I would appreciate any help from past patients of his and also realself staff. Thank you.
I am going to see dr. Jacono next month so I'm curious to know if he ever fixed your nose? I'm wanting a revision rhinoplasty...
Hi--I was just wondering if the doctor ever did the revision and if so, does it look much better?? I have a lot of the same issues as you with the appearance. My doctor would not fix it and was very rude to me at his office. I think that's great that your doctor at least acknowleded it and agreed to fix it.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Fingers crossed that your nose will look good in the end.

Hi melville - are you able to share a before, or even an after photo with the community so we can visualize what you're describing?  Thanks much.