Juverderm Lip Enchancment Has Ruined my Face - Reading, GB

I had a,slightly thin upper lip, nothing to bad. I...

I had a,slightly thin upper lip, nothing to bad. I got 1 syringe juverderm In my lips and asked for a minimal natural look. Since getting it everyone keeps askin what I've dome to my face and saying I looked much better before. The only person that thinks it looks 'nice' is the women who works at the so called 'award winning' destination skin clinic in reading.
I'm writing this to warn others. I stupidly believed the clinic when they told me no one would know n it would look natural. I now believe no lip filler looks good or natural u just have to look at the rich and famous celebrities who still don't look awful with them

lips have calmed down slighlty. still wouldnt do it again

It has been 11 days since my lip filler injections, the swelling stage was very stressful and it was hard having to explain to everyone at work what I've had done.
I still think they're too big and
the top one sticks out quite ducky looking, they are also still uneven.
The recovery was longer than I was lead to believe, I could not move my lips well whilst speaking which was obvious to others, and even now my lips have settled down a lot people still say 'oh you got your lips done'!. Definitely not the subtle enhancement I was looking for, a few people have said they like them although most prefered them before.

I guess I've learnt a lesson, if it's not broken don't fix it. I now think surgery should only be done If you have a defect, natural looks best 90% of the time. Chasing your ideal look is time consuming never ending and ultimately not worth it.

lips looking quite natural now

It's been 4 weeks now since treatment and things have improved a bit. Seem to have a few bumps when stretch ing my lips and looking closely. Still have the asymmetry but I doubt people notice that. A few people have said they look nice, and don't really notice them anymore, which is good! the swollen duck lip was quite embarrassing!
I don't think any one that doesn't know me well would know I've had anything done.
I doubt I'd have it done again although it doesnt look bad now, it just seem s you look at pics of any celebrity that s had it done and 95% of the time it looks ridiculous. I think maybe they get used to the bigger look and think they need them fuller...I don't want to get into that cycle, they end up looking like plastic clowns but seem to think it looks good!
Hope my review has helped someone make a better informed decision

improved a bit more

So its been 7 weeks since the juverderm injections now. Ive had quite a few compliments on them now, they have gone down even more which is good.

They still look uneven from the front which I's annoying. I hope this goes as the juverderm disappears . They do look ok from the side or 3/4 view though, I seem to have a lot if lines on lips now which I didn't before. Which is strange as it's meant to fill out lines not make them!

Love your conitued updates, thanks so much for sharing so much detail.  Your lip looks way more natural now, I didn't really notice the asymmetry but I'm not looking at you in person.  That is weird about the more profound lip wrinkles, I wonder why that happened.
Hi there, I just wanted to thank you for your plain and honest review. Good to hear that it's getting better too. From where I'm sitting your lips look lovely natural and still great afterwards (despite the symmetry issue) but of course I don't really know how it is for you because I'm not feeling them and I don't see how they look when you are moving.
Hi thanks. To be honest they feel fine now no bumps and natural feeling. Although I think the fillers starting to dissolve a bit but still have a shape to the top lip, the symmetry is not noticable other than in pictures or if I pointed it out. I just hope I give people hope that are going thru bad lip filler that it gets better quickly, I thought I'd look like a duck forever at first lol x
Not that you needed this but your lips look beautiful before and after. Honestly.
I personally love them ! I think they've always looked gorgeous ! :)
I think they look great! You can tell in the 'before' picture your lips were already un-even .. mine were the same when I got mine done, but after the filler they're more even. Great lips!!
I like them a lot too. They don't unnatural at all.
I don't know, but I think your lips look great actually.
Thank u. I really needed to read this. I got juvederm injections 6 days ago. I do nothing but cry. I never feel pretty anymore! Did u get them in the lining of your lips or the body? The Dr insisted on doing it in the lining to enhance my lip line. But since, I've read that getting the injections in the lining can give u a duck look. (And it did). People seem to like it in the body of the lips instead. I'll never have anything cosmetic done again! Ever! But nice to know it will still get better.
You will be fine. Please don't be anxious about this. As time goes on the juvederm will settle whether in lining or body of lips. Have you asked about having it dissolved miss beautiful?
Yes it improves every week. I've just seen relatives over the weekend and none of them noticed a thing. However the first 3 weeks people that knew me noticed it almost immediately. I'm sure yours will settle soon. I'm used to mine now although they still look a bit big in some pictures. I think she did mostly the border ans some in the lips. Please dint be upset. I stayed home and cried to for a long time but theres no point in being sad, it'sonly cosmetic and not permanent..also if people say it looks nice I'm sure it's fine! People only started saying mine looked nice after the 2 week mark. Any way tc good luck x
Thank u for responding. I am planning to have it disolved when i go back a week from Tuesday. That will b exactly 2 weeks. Noone says mine look nice. And they don't. I also have huge uneven lumps only on one side. I guess it's better than it was but still horrid. I find myself lucky tho. I was planning to get veneers and a tummy tuck and an eye lift. But this was a sign. I couldn't imagine it being something irreversible.
Well..i am in the waiting room about to get this dissolved from my lips. I'll let u know now it goes.
The hyaluronidase worked immediately. But what I haven't read anywhere on here is how painful it is! I have a very high tolerance for pain and I had years roll down my face. It hurt so bad that I let her leave a couple of small (hideable) lumps because I couldn't tolerate the pain anymore. Thankfully she did not charge me for it. So happy! Duckface is gone!
*tears*
Oh that's good to hear it worked for You, yes I'd heard it was quite painful but sounds pretty bad! At least you now have your normal lips now. Tc x
No. .Not 100% but dramatically different. The stuff burned so bad that I told her it was good enough .lol
The good thing about Juverderm is that it can be reversed if you don't like the results.
Oh my goodness I am so surprised to hear your reaction, I am an artist and have a very developed sense of aesthetics, the after lips are so much more pleasing, beautiful and feminine in every visual sense, than the original "tighter looking" lip. Perhaps there is something we are missing in the "feel" . Maybe you are giving positive weight to the original upper lip because it has familiarity, I can't see any othe reason you would favour the tight upper lip. As all have said, it is not permanent. Good luck
They are Un-even. One side is noticeably bigger than the other, also the upper lip looks to firm to be natural, I find it strange you only registered your real self account to write this comment, from the clinic or juverderm association by any chance? As they seem to be the people accustomed to the artificial look. No offence of course if you are genuine..
Hi Hannaha, I did recently just find this site whilst I was researching if to get juverderm, as I am very cautious, I probably read 8 hrs of different reviews. Mine was a genuine response, I must admit even thou I was feeling for your upset, I looked at the other side and thought. Aesthetics is such a varying thing, this lady is upset and if I had been the doctor who created her new lips I would have been been so proud of the job as they look ideal. I am sorry if I have upset you, I don't usually post on any blogs, however I felt almost a sense that some of these doctors can't win, like nothing can be right. Either no difference for the money or it won't look great for everyone tastes. I hope it goes back to normal for you soon if that is your wish, sincerely
I think your lips look great ! It is a little stressful when you want just enough filler to give you the look your dreaming of but not so much that everyone comments and notices that you have used a filler. But filling lips are very noticeable in my opinion. I think yours turned out nice.
I've never heard of Juvederm lasting >one year. I've only heard about & experienced it lasting about 4 mos. I think in a few months this will be but a distance memory. I hope you feel better about it soon.
Thanks for your encouragment. It's started to settle down. Just hope it doesn't stretch the skin or change the shape permanently. Tc x
I like your philosophy. I think what is compelling about Realself is finding out the truth that so many people are unhappy with the results after the procedure or surgery. The doctors never tell You that! Your outcome was not so bad, so I hope you love your face the way it is. Thanks for posting.