V-Beam Burns - Portland, OR

I was burned due to a V-Beam laser treatment...

I was burned due to a V-Beam laser treatment around my mouth and nose. The laser also "splashed" on my face in areas where I was not treated. A burn specialist used this term to describe how the laser traveled to other areas of my face. One example: I was treated for a broken cap on my nose and the laser traveled across my face almost to my ear. One year later, I'm still suffering from the physical and emotional trauma of this event. I will never get another laser treatment of ANY kind.

Which doctor did you go to in Portland? I am currently searching for a doctor to do VBeam in Portland, and want to stay away from whoever did this to you! Thanks for you help.
I am so sorry. I hope you were compensated. At least post something in the paper, on-line or with the Better Business Bureau about your doctor and your experience so no one else goes thru this.!
That is very sad!! Even my small children know to admit their mistakes!!! Why would the doctor's office not admit they made a mistake and try to help you!!????

I hope you have complete healing!!!

Wow, it must have been a high energy setting to cause lasting burns.  Do you  know what the setting was from your chart?

I had brusing and some temporary burns but it cleared up within a week and fixed a much bigger problem I had with painful flushing and acne.

I don't know, as the setting listed in my chart isn't accurate.

Hi Laser,

Oh my I can't believe they burnt you so bad you had to go to a specialist. What did you original doctor say, are they doing anything to compensate you? I'm so shocked! Did the burn specialist say there was anything you could do about your burns? Please keep us updated and I am so sorry this happened to you.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Thanks Britt. The RN who treated me and her supervising Dr. apologized profusely to me over the phone, however, they covered it up completely in my chart and photo-shopped my pictures to make sure there was no evidence. The burn surgeon said there is nothing I can do to repair my lips. I'm hoping time will help, however, it's been almost a year and they have shown no sign of improvement. Although it's distressing to see the scars on my face from the burn, at list this isn't a constant source of irritation, like my lips.

Wow, that's a lot. At least you can look at it that way. I do hope you can find a way to fix this eventually. Please keep us updated if you do.

Thanks,