I Need Complete Honesty!!! - Philadelphia, PA

I have hated my nose since the beginning of high...

I have hated my nose since the beginning of high school. Every single time I look at a picture of myself I look straight at my nose. I feel that the width of it is too wide for my face and I wish I had more definition in the tip. My parents are not supportive AT ALL of me getting rhinoplasty and they think I'm crazy for wanting it (as do several of my friends who claim they never have thought I had a big nose). I just don't think they would tell me the truth anyways so I'm turning to complete strangers to give me an honest opinion. I also don't know if I just really don't photograph well at some angels because in some pictures I think it looks fine and other pictures I think look horrible. Should I do this or do I just need to start accepting myself and move on?

Hi All- I really appreciate all your comments and...

Hi All- I really appreciate all your comments and your advice. I added two profile pictures for those who asked. I do have a small bump seen from the side view but honestly that doesn't bother me at all. It's more the lack of definition at the tip and the wideness of the tip. If I got surgery maybe I would only need a tip plasty...I'm not sure. I know the doctor I would use who has over 30 years of experience and my boyfriend's sister is a nurse who works for him and also got a minor rhinoplasty which looks great. The negative reviews about people's experiences with rhinoplasty definitely make me think twice about this. My biggest fear is a) I'm the .001% who has a freak reaction to anesthesia and dies in vain perfecting my nose haha or b) I hate the results.

Can you repost the photos? Thanks

Did you remove your photos? If so, please, please put them back up. This thread makes no sense without them and makes all of us commenters feel little used.

Odd, don't see any photos and what I do see gives me photos of many people.
Na you do not need sergery you would waste your money cuase you got a normal nose
I agree. It is what you want and how you feel. Do your research and just be very careful.
You are so beautiful. be cautious
Do whatever makes you happy : )
but I'd save myself $7500... you really don't need it. Good luck with whatever you decide though! Which doctor are you thinking of going to? I'm from Philly area too.
i think you should just get the bump shaved down and that would look great that is IT though do not mess with the tip.
No I think your nose fits your face perfectly. I really don't think you should !!!!
Most of us would kill to have a nose like yours. I do not see any reason to have it fixed. It looks great from every angle. I don't even know what a PS would even do to your nose because it's already small and very in proportion to your face. If you do decide you want to do it have some morphs done so you can see what the PS would do before you take that jump.
You are very pretty...!!, I don't think you need nose job at all, your nose is look so cute on your face. I had mine done about almost 2 months ago just because my bridge was so flat and my tip so round... I used to hate to wearing sunglasses, I wish I have nose like you...
You look great as you are. Rhinoplasty is too risky and the results could be devasting. There are a lot of us who wish we had never done it. You are very lovely young lady but if you do decide to get this done...please do tons and tons of homework and pick a highly skilled rhinoplasty specialist that's on the same page as you are.
I agree
I don't know if it's the pictures or what, but I do NOT see a big nose whatsoever. I think it is perrrrfect!!!!! You should do whatever makes you happy - don't go through with this surgery if it is just because you think other people think your nose is big. In the end, you probably wont be satisfied.
You are perfect, a beautiful girl! Maybe you don't see it now, but as you get older, I think you'll see what the rest of us see. You don't need to change a thing!
Portage..I totally agree
If you are the least concerned with your "so called bump." You many want to consult with doctor Eric Joseph who does a non surgical technique. Check out his web site.He is located in Livingston NJ and I am planning on using him for a slight modification to my old style nose job. He can use fillers to give you a straight profile. I think you look great as is. Your nose is a natural looking nose and you are a beautiful girl. You can send him pics and he will address your concerns through an email. He has great reviews. You may want to leave your tip alone.
honest opinion is your nose (at least in pictures) looks perfect the way it is. it fits your face very nice... im also considering surgery but my nose is actually big. i dont think im ugly at all and i hope u dont either, but in my case i feel more prettier then i see in the mirror and i want it balanced. your nose is small yeah it has a little bump but THATS NOTHING. surgery is a big decision. do what you feel is right. but if you have any doubts or if it doesnt bother you to the max then dont do it :)
You are so right kelssss. The little bumps gives her character and personal identity.
First off..I think you are gorgeous and you're nose is perfectly fine. Being that I hate my nose, I'm pretty critical when it comes to other people's noses. While I am completely supportive about people getting surgery if they think it will make them feel better, it doesn't sound like it is something that truly bothers you to the point where it is all you see when you look in the mirror. My advice would be to no do it. It is a lot to risk if you don't absolutely hate it! Either way, good luck with the decision and keep us all posted!
good advice holly
Do you have any profile pics....??
Anytime you touch one part of yours nose, the whole nose takes a different look. Be careful.
nosejobmaybe, you look very v. pretty! so i would say no nose job! but, if it really is annoying you and by the sounds of your angst it is ! do loads of research and go to as many surgeons as possible. Maybe just shorten the tip! see comments realself - so many writers are unhappy with their nose jobs. So in the wrong surgeons hands you could be opening a can of worms and years of expensive surgery! good luck!
Do your research. Sorry I ever touched mine..