I Had Juvederm Injected in my Lips and Nasal Folds - Palo Alto, CA

So my lips are pretty thin. I thought it would be...

So my lips are pretty thin. I thought it would be fun to have some fuller lips for when I got to meet my favorite singer. I got Juvederm injected in them and also some to the folds under my nose. The first day after I liked it, but I was swollen. By the point this picture was taken, it was about 4 weeks after and my lips really were exactly the same as before. So I felt that was not worth the money spent, maybe the folds were better, but I really couldn't tell.. So again, not worth the cost. The best thing I did have done for this meeting was get eyelash extensions. Wow! They are amazing and almost 2 years later, I still have them and get them updated every 3 weeks! (you need to go to someone good though!)

I have "no" lips :( Had 1 syringe of Restylane injected into both my marionette lines (not enough) and lip borders and I think that's the secret, is to fluff out the lip edge a little. She put just a little in the middle of my bottom lip too. That said, it def wasn't enough! I think fat is the way to go, down the road. HA fillers are too $$ to maintain.
Oh, I know - the fillers are soo expensive!! I spent $600 for a tiny change, and was told I could come back for more, but the price is way to steep for a teeny tiny difference! Botox between the brows was always very effective, so much more worth the price!
I agree, I can't believe I waited so long to almost eliminate my "crows feet", simply amazing, that is something I will keep up with. Thanks for all your updates, here and elsewhere ;)
You're welcome, and best of luck to you! :)
Oh my god Gerard way
Hi!! I have to agree with you on the worth of having lips injected with Juvederm. I had mine done several years ago and just like you the initial appearance was a bit swollen, but that was to be expected. I actually thought within a few days it would be perfect, but I was wrong. It was the biggest disappointment since like you I have very thin lips. I had a whole syringe and it was about $600 as well. I would say within two weeks it had all disappeared and there was no difference in volume at all. I was so disappointed. When I called the place where I had it done they told me that any movement in your lips at all dissipates the Juvederm faster. So if you drink from a straw, smoke, anything where your lips have movement the volume and fullness will start to dissipate. Since I've had that done they have come out with Juvederm XC (which is supposed to be better/last longer. Then after XC they came out with Juvederm Voluma, which is supposed to last up to two years. Since I had my lips done years ago I swore I would never waste $600 like that again. I've read reviews where people have had better results with these newer fillers but I did not want to even chance it since obviously lips "move". We talk, we eat, so in my mind it's more expensive and possibly just another waste of money. I have however had the voluma injected in the upper cheeks to add volume in my face since they say it lasts close to two years. Spent over $2,000 on that and it's been less then a year and I no longer see the results of that. Very disappointing. I have however heard wonderful things about the lash extensions and from your review it appears you are happy with them. I was thinking of trying them. A friend of mine works at a place that does a fantastic job with them and they have been running a first time customer special of $29 for the initial lashes but then you have to go back every so many weeks to have them filled in I guess like you mentioned. I'm not sure what that costs to do every few weeks. I understand they are real natural looking as well. Do they look like mascara or do they look like false eye lashes? Do you still have to wear mascara or are you able to save time by not having to apply mascara daily? I just might give that a try since reading your review. Although I'm sorry you didn't have better luck with the Juvederm I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that had a bad experience with it. If you have a chance let me know about the lash extensions. I think I may give it a try... :) thank you again!!
Hi! Thanks for writing! I agree, $600 is a ton of money to see no results. For me, I've had botox between my eyebrows and that was not as much as the Juvederm and the results are much better, but it only lasts about 4 months. Still it's better than no change! What a disappointment! Oh, yeah the lash extensions are my favorite thing, lol! They are expensive, but I just love them. I initially got them for that event that I got the juvederm, but have kept them ever since! My lady tries out different lengths and styles on me, so it's fun. It is important that you go to a great place, I've heard of a lady that got them done and the extensions fell off in a few days! Mine never fall off, I shower and swim etc. I don't let them get wet in the first day though. I am careful when I sleep to not have them touch the pillow, too. So the cost for me is $80 every three weeks, which is high, it takes her over an hour each time and I really hate lying on my back, not moving with my eyes closed for that long! However, I never have to wear mascara (except when I go out, I put mascara on my bottom lashes) During the day, I will normally just wear an under eye concealer for dark circles and a moisturizer with a tint in it and I look fine! I get compliments ALL the time on them. They don't look like false lashes since they are not attached to that band, and my lady puts them on really close to my lid, on each lash. (I would never have the patience to do that, lol!) I've had a lot of friends get them when they saw mine, only one of them didn't like them. She has super short natural lashes, normally wears false lashes daily and she could not get them as long as she wanted. The longer your natural lashes, the longer you can go with the extensions I guess. It's really awesome not having to put on mascara, though! I have put on mascara over them on a couple occasions, but it's really not needed at all. Let me know if you try out the lash extensions! That really is a great introductory price!! Have a great day! :D
I also live in PA FallenB and was researching Juverderm Ultra Plus. A friend of mine did it and loves it, so perhaps it really depends on the person. I have decently full lips, just want some more oomph. But my real question is- where do you go for your extensions that you love them so much? I go to Yweight in San Mateo, and while the price is the same, I don't love driving to San Mateo all the time. Hope you're still reading this thread!
Hi Fallenb ..thanks for the reply. Now that I know you don't really have to apply the mascara I think I will give it a try. The introductory price is really great, your right. That's just a first time client price and it will cost about the same as what you pay where you live for the monthly visits to keep them. It may be slightly more where you live since I see that's in California and cost of living is a bit higher there. I just read through your profile and was quite surprised to learn your 45. You look fantastic!! I would have never guessed that. You look a lot younger in my opinion. Not that 45 is "old". I myself am 43 and will be 44 this coming Saturday. I also was reading about your upcoming procedure. I hadn't read that initially, as I get updates from "Real Self" from people that have recently had Juvederm and I like to read what others have thought about it. You do look great, young at 45, especially with having a few kids. I also have a 17 year old, a son. He's my only child though, and I too am divorced. Yes, and single. We have that in common too. You already look great though before your procedure...but I do want to wish you the best as you go through your procedure. Please let me know how everything goes. I will update you on the lashes. I am going to give it a try since you seem to be very happy with it. Best of luck with everything at the end of the month and again, thank you!!
Hi! Sorry to say that I now live in Napa, so I get them done here. Hopefully you can find something close, traffic is so bad between San Mateo and Palo Alto these days!! Good luck on your Juvederm, too!
Great! I hope you like them!! Yeah, it really saves a lot of time to not have to apply mascara in my opinion, and even without makeup I don't look all "washed out." and thank you for your compliments :) I hope you have a really fun birthday this weekend! Wow, born so soon after the 4th :) Single and being in 40's I find is so much harder to meet decent guys, but I also live in a relatively small town until my youngest graduates from high school next year. And thank you so much for your well wishes in my other procedure :) Looking forward to hearing how you like your lashes! :D