...

I'm scheduled to have surgery in the middle of...

I'm scheduled to have surgery in the middle of January and I'm so nervous. I am very happy with my looks but my nose is always something that I'm self-conscious about. It's wide and flat and kind of has a bump on it. Overall, it just needs to be changed. lol

My parents are NOT HAPPY with my decision to get rhino but I lied and told them it was for a deviated septum (like celebrity lie about...) so they kinda bought it.

My boyfriend (who is caucasion) is kind of worried about the outcome as well.
Im kinda nervous about this surgery because the doctor seems to have a vision of how to shape my nose but is telling me that he'll basically do what he finds best to narrow and lift my nose while the surgery is performed.

I'm really worried but VERY excited because I've wanted this forever. I just wish my parents weren't so offended. They keep on telling me I'll look like Michael Jackson and they keep on telling me that I'll hate how I look afterwards because Im a pretty girl now.

Any words of advice? Any encouraging things to consider while I'm at the pre-op stage? I'll post pics after the surgery!

Hello! It's been almost 2 years since my rhino! I...

Hello! It's been almost 2 years since my rhino!
I am very happy with the results. It looks really natural so no one even suspects anything was done until they see my drivers license. Even then, they assume it was because I was younger. Turns out he didn't use any inplants, he just used grafts from my own nose so I got 1000$ back!

For the first...maybe 2-3 months, my skin broke out REALLY bad from the selling and I felt self-conscious about that more than my frozen smile and stiff nose. I went on Accutane in April (which is less than 4 months after my surgery) and didnt feel anything strange with my nose. So for those on accutane who are withholding on the surgery, I dont know how big of a deal it is.

Anyways, so I'm going in for a scar revision. Its minor. No breaking this time. The tip of my nose has some scaring that is causing residential swelling (something like that).
It's only going to cost me 3,300$. The doctor (the same one) is going to be taking off a bit of fat/scar tissue from the tip. He said nothing will change from the profile, it will just define the tip a bit more. I'm very happy about the way I look now so I'm hoping it won't be TOO drastic. I really kinda nervous about this one but I trust the doctor since he gave me such good results the first time!

If you have any questions, just ask!!

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! Let's hope its not too too...

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!
Let's hope its not too too drastic or too hard of a recovery as I have plans for my 25th bday on October 6th!

Fingers crossed!

Day of Surgery So I woke up this morning really...

Day of Surgery
So I woke up this morning really anxious. I took a long nap and then headed to the hospital. It was a long 2 hours wait before I got checked in.
My surgery was a bit delayed because the doctor had been working on a patient all morning. When it was finally my turn, he was really gentle and nice with me. I absolutly love his bedside matters. He makes you feel like your the most important person in the room. Anywyas, so then, they hooked me up to an IV and I was asleep! I came to and they made me wait in the recovery room for about 2 hours. Then, I went home. I actually feelings really great. I'm walking around all over and I can eat normally and there's minimal breating. I can also breathe out of both nostrils! I never knew I had a problem with breathing until now!!

So ya, I'm going to be careful obviously but I'm anxious to see what the results are like. The bridge (from what I can see) looks narrowed even if he didn't break anything. Everything just looks smaller. I'm actually really nervous because I was fairly happy with my primary....
My 25th bday is also coming up, let's just hope that I'm presentable enough to look bangin'!!

Week 2- Ugh, it feels like I started back from...

Week 2-
Ugh, it feels like I started back from square one.
I snuck a peek early and saw that my bridge was more defined and it looked really cute. As soon as the doctor officially took off the bandage, POW, my nose exploded into this swollen mess! My nose looks even more swollen then before my primary! I know its just swelling but it makes my nose looks like a potato!

Also, the left side of my bridge is kinda piggy. But I trust the doctor when he said that it's all just swelling because if took me over 3 months to even see any results for my primary. However, this time he just removed fat and there was no breaking so...how much change could there be?

He did say to massage and press down hard on the side of my nose to diminish the swelling and to avoid that it scars that way. I feel stupid even posting my "after" pics becaue it looks just as wide as before!

3 weeks and 3 days I can finally see signs of my...

3 weeks and 3 days
I can finally see signs of my nose kinda thinning out. My nose still gets swollen during the evening and in the mornings but throughout the day, it will show somewhat of a shape. My nose sometimes will start throbbing and feeing "tight but other than that, I'm excited to how it will look a few months from now!

Well hello again! When i last posted I was going...

Well hello again!
When i last posted I was going in for a second revision. Let me tell you....WASTE OF MONEY. Nothing to do with the doctor but I think once again, it didn't give me the results I wanted. The doctor took a really conservative approach and only removed fat tissue from the bridge. Unfortunately there is absolutely no difference. I think my nose is even crooked. See for yourself!

This time around (this sounds really vain), I want some nostril work and a bit of narrowing of the tip.
I went to 2 consultations. The first consultation, the doctor was soooo rude. He basically told me that I should also consider fillers for my dark circles. Also, he quoted me 11,000 and seemed like he was trying to charm me into going with him for this surgery.

The second consultation was with Dr. Ellis who was very sweet and sat me down and asked me if I had any questions for him. He just took his time and I didn't feel pressured. He's also a facial plastic surgeon so I know i'm in good hands because he's really experienced and teaches other surgeons different methods. I didn't feel pressured at all or rushed. His staff was really pleasant and this time, I got bloodwork done and was shown pictures of other clients who had their nose done.

I'm pretty pleased with my nose (even though its been 2 revisions but I want something more streamlined. Just because my parents would freak out if they found out I'm going in for a 3rd time, I didn't even tell them!! I moved to Toronto so they have no clue!!

I'm a bit nervous about the results because this is THE LAST TIME. Im generally happy with my nose. The only thing is that its still really..."sloppy" looking though and though I'm content, I want to be satisfied.

Keep in mind, the second time around was only to remove fat from the bridge, as in, remove scar tissue. Nothing was broken or touched other than that. It was a closed approach so I don't even consider it rhinoplasty.

I'll post pics to show the before and after of my last two surgeries.

Btw the surgeon will be Dr David Ellis in North...

Btw the surgeon will be Dr David Ellis in North York Toronto. Message me if there are any questions.

Surgery Revision Day: So I'm done. This...

Surgery Revision Day:

So I'm done.
This morning I went in. The doctor was waiting for me all smiley along with his nurse. Honestly, he went over a few things that he would do with my nose and we all went upstairs to his private clinic.

After a few minutes of discussing the academy awards and making jokes about my IV being my breakfast, I was out.

I woke up and have no idea how I went home. lol. My landlord is taking care of me since I'm here alone in this city (I moved). She's so sweet. lol.

So I took a look at my nose while changing the bandage and I'm seeing that the bridge is REALLY skinny. I'm kinda nervous. On one end you can REALLY see my eyes. On the other end, its REALLY small compared to my old nose.

I can't believe I'm never going to look the same as I did. I'm kinda feeling excited and half depressed depending on how it looks like. Preseently I'm just dripping blood but suprinsingly, no pain! and no bruising. Well..it IS only day one. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...I'm nervoussss ahhh. This could either looks REALLY nice or like Latoya Jackson.

Anyways. First day gone. We'll see how the rest of the day goes...

Uh. Wow. Cast off. I don't know what to make of...

Uh. Wow.
Cast off.
I don't know what to make of the results. I feel like there's a huge difference. I'm not sure what to think. One part of me thinks it makes me look cute. Then I miss my old face. I look...less "friendly.
Well, I'm not wearing my hair extensions so I look a little different by default (im wearing my afro out. lol)
Like, my face just lost it's chubbiness from my nose being so wide.
I'm just sitting here in front of the mirror trying to envision how my nose will look in a few weeks but I'm nervous...I'm feeling a bit of MJ vibe with this nose...ahhh. Honest opinions please:S....I dont know what to think

Should I tell my parents now or wait till they see...

Should I tell my parents now or wait till they see it and blame it on my last revision? Ahh the change is so dramatic to me.

It's been a few days (a week post-op tomorrow) and...

It's been a few days (a week post-op tomorrow) and honestly I'm still feeling a little weird. I don't know. No one noticed anything but today I went to the mall and bought makeup at Sephora. I feel like when I made eye contact with people, I would just put my head down and walk faster. I don't know. I just feel paranoid. I know its sounds soooo ridiculous because I know it doesn't look ugly. I should even be happy because this guy came up to me and said I was cute and was trying to get my number. I was sooo flustered. lol.

Is this normal? I feel like you can tell that I had a nose job. I can't handle this. I do like the nose though. I just feel really insecure. It's not BDD because I don't want to change anything else about myself (including my nose) but I feel like when people look at me, they just see my nose.

Anyways, everything else is going well. No pain, a little swelling. I'm just not used to this nose. That is all.

Ahh. Is this normal? Help a sista out please!

Btw. I'm a bit gaunt because of all the weight...

Btw. I'm a bit gaunt because of all the weight loss. I usually look a bit "meatier" haha.

I feel way better! Especially about the pre-op...

I feel way better! Especially about the pre-op care. Just went in for my 1 week pre op and he wants to see me again in 2 weeks and track the swelling and progress! Yay I feel better:)

Thanks for all the support!!!
Will probably update in a month

Email me for any info.

Email me for any info.
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

You look beautiful! Your nose looks great! If this is your third nose surgery, I would say dont have anymore. Your nose can only take so much of that. Even if there is something not EXACTLY perfect (and I'm NOT saying I see anything like that) about your nose, it is OK. People's faces are not semetrical naturally anyway. There are things about my nose that are not perfect that I would not even ask to have fixed because they dont bother me. I would just ask to have the stuff that really bugs me changed. Anyway, you look great, dont change your nose any more! ;o)
hahah:P thanks for calling me out:P. Yeah no more surgery, my wallet can't take it no more! lol. Thank you:)!
Just saw your latest pic....WOW! Work it, girl! :-)
Ahh thanks. You're almost making me blush! lol!! :P
I'm serious, you're absolutely beautiful and, you lucky girl, it STILL doesn't look at ALL noticeable that you've had any work done on your nose.
Thanks Sarah. I was looking at your before and after pics and your nose looks so cute! I have a question for you, I'll post it on your page! Thanks again!
That is true!
You look great! You should not be feeling this way be proud your nose looks very nice and you are beautiful.
Thank you:) Positive feedback sure helps!!!:)
Woooow, Marts! You are so pretty! Your new nose looks gorgeous. I hope mine turns out just as nicely. You might just be feeling self-consicous "just because" things are kind of new. I think it will fade away quickly, as your healing progresses. I'm looking forward to tracking your progress. Keep ya head up! :-)
Hi! Thank you:) Yeah, I think it's a "just because" thing. I just need to get over the "mini" shock I get when I look in the mirror. I guess I'm the only one that can really see it. But thanks. Feels good to get positive feedback:)! Hopefully you decide on a surgeon soon. I swear, when I got the first surgery (well, maybe after 3 months when things settled) I had the "what was I waiting for all my life" feeling and I was so happy with the results! All the best:)!
You look gorgeous...honestly!
Thank you:) Makes me feel a little better! Hope your chin and nose job is giving you the results you want!
Lookin' good Girl! I think once you get used to it you'll like it. You look great!
I'm just waiting to get used to it. I do like it, I just feel like I'm coming to terms with looking a bit different though it is really subtle. Anyways. Thank you for your opinion! Can't wait to see how your nose will turn out in April!
Your nose looks really good, I think the change is suddle! No worries it looks great. Not mj at all!
haha I love how the term MJ has become so universal in describing a negative nose. lol. Thank you:)
Hello! Thanks for posting this...It's been interesting to follow your changes, as I am contemplating rhino, as well. I really enjoy having access to a site such as this... That said, there are few postings from patients of African descent, so it's hard to visualize changes that I may expect in my nose shape, bruising, etc. As we know, dark skin tends to react differently to surgery than lighter skin, and the shapes of our (original) noses tend to be wider and flatter, yielding a WIDE range of post-op results. BTW, I think you're gorgeous! Best of luck to you.
Thank you:) Oh yeah, I know what you mean about there being few black people nose job stories out there. I think its because when we seek out to change out appearance, its interpreted as "trying to fit the standards of western beauty" whereas sometimes we just want more harmony to our faces despite being blessed with bigger features. Anyways. tangent right there. lol. Yeah, I was REALLY nervous about the change a plastic surgeon will do. My first surgeon understood how he didn't want to give me a "White" nose so just changed the width not understanding that I wanted to also have refined features and not just "a smaller" nose. That's why my second surgeon understood "ok, your nose looks small but its still "sloppy" and could use some further refining to balance out my features and bringing out my eyes. I think my biggest mistake was going to a non-facial plastic surgeon because 1) I could've saved some money instead of going in those 2 other times (though he did set up a good blueprint for the nose I have now) 2) He couldve REALLY messed up my face. Thankfully he didn't. But I feel like alot of surgeons who don't have that experience will try to throw in the "implant" when sometimes your nose has enough cartilage for that. The first surgeon wanted to use an implant but didn't have to. and the 2nd surgeon wanted to use some ear cartiladge and also didnt need to. Thank you! Anywyas. if you have any questions, feel free to message me and I could tell you more or send you more pics of my "before" and after of my first two surgeries (sounds so weird saying that. haha) hopefully this is the last time though. At the end of the day, having the perfect nose is not THAT deep. lol. But it really helps in feeling really confident in dating, pictures, and overall when people talk to you and being ok with them looking at you straight on! Goodluck!
I agree with nynnsuze below, it's a huge improvement. Maybe i'm too detached, but i couldn't see a problem with your nose before, but i definitely think you look extremely attractive now. You don't seem very swollen. Another lucky one! Hope you learn to love it though, it really does look cute!
Thanks Matilda! So sweet of you to say. All I gotta do now is throw in my hair extensions and I'll be good to go! haha. Yeah if this is "swollen"...imagine in a few weeks. Dammmnn. lol. I'm excited. Thanks again:)
I love it! Def an improvement! It's probably because it's different from what you are used to, give yourself sometime to adjust and wait till your used to it to decide about telling your parents :)
Thanks Suze:) After staring at myself down in the mirror for hours today, I think I'm going to love it! Hope your enjoying our new nose over thurr! haha. I showed my pic to my sister (who lives with my parents) and she just commented on my hair and didn't even notice my nose!..wow. Yay. Can't wait to see your pics in a few weeks;)
I think you look really good and it does not look like any Jackson nose to me ;)
Thanks. Good to hear that, that would be the worst case scenario! lol