Lumpy Without Lift or Volume from 1 Syringe of Juvaderm Volbella - Ontario, CA

I went in for lip injectables for the first time,...

I went in for lip injectables for the first time, and wanted the best possible outcome. I paid 850$ for 1 syringe of Juvaderm Volbella to be injected by a board certified plastic surgeon. They tried offering me to use the product in other areas of my face but I am young and did not want the side effects elsewhere on my face. SO thankfully I opted to only have the product injected into my upper lip and very little in my bottom lip. I had about 1/2 the syringe injected in my upper lip (only in the pink fleshy part) and mainly the corners and the other 1/4 in my bottom lip and some remainder (about 1/4) was thrown away to avoid duck lips.

For the first week I was bruised, lumpy, bumpy, and swollen. I felt the lips were too large at the time however the Doctor does not save material for a later date so regardless what I had injected was all I was going to get for the price I paid. Nonetheless I was satisfied.

However I was told the lumps would subside after a week, it has now been 3 weeks and I am still uneven, with lumps of various small/medium sizes. I went in driving 2 hours to see the doctor as I was told to come in, and he spent 2 min with me saying if he dissolves the lumps I loose the product I paid for and they are not that noticeable and sometimes the thumb puts too much pressure and is not injected slow enough and left it at that.

SO I paid almost double what an RN would have charged and was left lumpy and without volume, he told me 10-15% of initial volume would subside, I can assure you with before and after pictures, the volume decreased by 90% but now I have lumpy lips.

I would not recommend this procedure to anyone, and because I would not know who to trust that would avoid or at least correct this aftermath I will NEVER get it done again!!

Toronto Patient, dissatisfied.

Before and After Comparison

After Look

2 months post

My lips seem the same size as before I did any injections, I wanted subtle but not this subtle ... There are still small lumps and when I smile sometimes I can see the product under the skin making it look unnatural. Overall I'm just content nothing else went wrong and I don't have duck lips. But would never again return as I had originally planned on doing if I was happy with my results. Especially paying double what most charge in Toronto.
Marc

(-) Long wait time, almost 1 hour. Pushy assistants trying to sell medical grade skincare, and botox Doctor did not have thorough consultation Did not even follow up, I had to voice my complaints 2 weeks later Very Expensive Clinic was not aesthetically pleasing Horrible location, traffic and no parking dissatisfied with follow up appointment (2 hour drive, for 2 min conversation) no before and after pictures Made me uncomfortable, very cold team (+) Quick response time via email by administrative staff Gave me a Juvaderm Ice Pack