Juvederm for Nasolabial Folds

This is the second time I've had Juvederm injected...

This is the second time I've had Juvederm injected and I wanted to give some advice that I don't see frequently enough on this site. This is not like having a manicure. There will be downtime, so don't expect to go from the doctor's office straight to lunch with the girls. There will be swelling, small bruises at the injection sites and some soreness for days. Ice for about 3hrs after the procedure, don't smile or laugh, and sleep on your back on for the first night. Despite the marketing, this is a serious procedure. Your face is being injected with foreign matter and that matter is being spread subcutaneously. Allow time to heal and don't expect to be up-and-running for at least 3 days. Having the injections on Friday may be a good idea, to allow at least 2 work free days to heal.

I had Juvederm injected into my nasolabial folds and the downturned corners of my mouth. My doctor and I are conservative in the amount injected and I don't have unrealistic expectations. Be the same. Filler in the nl folds lasts longer than in the corners of the mouth so expect that also.

Most of all I think it's important to counter the short, carefree posts of many people who have had the procedure. A short post is just that: Short. It's not telling the whole story and thereby giving a false impression. Juvederm is fine, if injected by a well-trained doctor, but it's not a "quick in and out" procedure with no downtime.

Finally got my juvederm injections in my nasolabial folds today. Put the lidocaine cream on about 1 hr prior to appt. It stung a little bit each time the needle was inserted...3-4 times on each side, but it really was no big deal. I noticed the results immediately and Maria ( Berks Plastic Surgery, Wyomissing, Pa.) was very professional, talking to me...the chicken....through the entire process. I have noticed a tiny purple bruise on my left lower cheek, but not even dark enough to cover with makeup. I'm sure it will be gone by morning. I have no swelling at the injection sites. I can't say enough wonderful things about BPS. The entire staff is top notch.
thinking about having juvederm or another filler in my nasal folds and smile crease..seriously concerned that this will hurt....does it?
You can have lidocaine injected at the same time, and have the area numbed beforehand.  But yes. most users report that it does hurt.