Juvederm for Nasolabial Folds

This is the second time I've had Juvederm injected...

This is the second time I've had Juvederm injected and I wanted to give some advice that I don't see frequently enough on this site. This is not like having a manicure. There will be downtime, so don't expect to go from the doctor's office straight to lunch with the girls. There will be swelling, small bruises at the injection sites and some soreness for days. Ice for about 3hrs after the procedure, don't smile or laugh, and sleep on your back on for the first night. Despite the marketing, this is a serious procedure. Your face is being injected with foreign matter and that matter is being spread subcutaneously. Allow time to heal and don't expect to be up-and-running for at least 3 days. Having the injections on Friday may be a good idea, to allow at least 2 work free days to heal.

I had Juvederm injected into my nasolabial folds and the downturned corners of my mouth. My doctor and I are conservative in the amount injected and I don't have unrealistic expectations. Be the same. Filler in the nl folds lasts longer than in the corners of the mouth so expect that also.

Most of all I think it's important to counter the short, carefree posts of many people who have had the procedure. A short post is just that: Short. It's not telling the whole story and thereby giving a false impression. Juvederm is fine, if injected by a well-trained doctor, but it's not a "quick in and out" procedure with no downtime.

Finally got my juvederm injections in my nasolabial folds today. Put the lidocaine cream on about 1 hr prior to appt. It stung a little bit each time the needle was inserted...3-4 times on each side, but it really was no big deal. I noticed the results immediately and Maria ( Berks Plastic Surgery, Wyomissing, Pa.) was very professional, talking to me...the chicken....through the entire process. I have noticed a tiny purple bruise on my left lower cheek, but not even dark enough to cover with makeup. I'm sure it will be gone by morning. I have no swelling at the injection sites. I can't say enough wonderful things about BPS. The entire staff is top notch.
thinking about having juvederm or another filler in my nasal folds and smile crease..seriously concerned that this will hurt....does it?
You can have lidocaine injected at the same time, and have the area numbed beforehand.  But yes. most users report that it does hurt.
thats what i was afraid of...is it the kind of sting that would make ya jump because I'm very jumpy...i want to have it done but just very afraid of the pain and possible lumps i've read that can form under the skin.
does it hurt when the doctor is injecting ?
curious, thinking about having this done. i am 50 and have never had anything not even botox. does it hurt?
I had Juvederm One week ago and it disappeared in two day, I contacted there lead customer service agent Brian Denston..He said he could fill my pain,But there nothing he could do at this time. Juvederm does not support there product. You would be better off using a another product..Thats a lot money to waste on a company that does not support there product.
You are so right! I get Juve in my lips and they get bumpy, sore and bruised for a while. This can be masked but I do have soreness and bruising in my mouth for the first week. My bruises usually last a couple of weeks within my lips. They aren't easily detected but I can feel them in there.
thanks for sharing this, good to know, it sounds liek a simple thing but i know its not and im wanting to do this very soon for the NL lines, im 29 and they are there all the time and ihate it. Can you please post pictures of your results, please???
well, some of us are lucky. i took the bus home, went out several hours afterward, and had minimal bruising 3 days afterward that was easily covered by makeup. i followed all other post-procedure directions, such as icing, arnica, etc. i think that not only do people react differently, but each time differently.
Thanks for your post-it certainly shows how different people react differently from the same product. For myself I had no brusing and the very slight swelling was gone by the next morning. Was able to work the next day without any problems. I was told however that you can have no reaction one time from it and yet could have a reaction the next time you get it-kinda scary.