Not Happy. - New York, NY

$15,600 is what I paid out of pocket. $12,000...

$15,600 is what I paid out of pocket.

$12,000 for the "cosmetic" part that the insurance wouldn't cover.
$3,000 for the operating room
$600 for the anesthesia.

My insurance will be paying Dr. Rizk for the Septoplasty, Turbinate reduction, and whatever else he may submit for. The Dr.'s office is asking for $22,000. Now that, plus my $15,600 equals 37,600??? Ok so you tell me if I got my money's worth:

I am 11 days past my surgery. I know about "swelling", I've read all about it. I just don't think that whats left of my nose can be blamed on swelling. There's too damn much left. Way more than I wanted. It should be smaller.

I was told my nose would be shorter, narrower, closer to my face, as well as straighter, deviated septum corrected, dorsal hump shaved down. One of my main concerns was the tip area being too wide and bulbous. The doctor agreed "it's to big". So I paid for tip work. Not seeing much of a difference there, are you? Again, I know all about "swelling", but from countless hours of reviewing before/after photo's on realself, I'm just not convinced swelling can be blamed for this still LARGE nose.

Please be honest with your opinions, don't worry about sparing my feelings. There's nothing you can say to me that I haven't said to myself, and then some. I know the doctor had a big job to do, well that's why I picked a reputable, big job kinda doctor, and took pout a loan to pay for his expertise. So far, I really don't think I got my money's worth.

Unless "swelling" really is to blame, but to be honest, I"m not holding out much hope for that kind of miracle. Sooo disappointed. :(

Front view

Thanks for the comments

To those of you who are writing encouraging words to me, thank you. I appreciate it.

Some are saying "hey, it's better than your old nose".

Yeah, no kidding. Considering how horrendous my "old nose" was, that wasn't really an amazing feat to accomplish.

As you can probably tell, I'm still quite angry, so I'm not going to be posting on here much, because I don't think my angry "outbursts" are going to help me or anyone else. I have good days where I'm not so angry, and bad days like today. I expect that's going to be the norm for me for a while! Bottom line is, it sucks to go through this whole experience, pay twice as much as the "average" rate, and walk out of there with a big nose.

But despite my anger, rest assured I am trying to move on. I'm sure there will be a reduction in "swelling", but I'm not going to kid myself. Whatever happens in the 'end', and I know that will be many months from now, I'll deal with it, and I'll have it fixed, one way or another. That's all I'll say about that for now.

And for those of you who have chosen my review as a forum for your petty arguments, WTF? Go elsewhere please.

To those of you who have been kind and encouraging, again, I truly appreciate it.

Best of luck to you all on your own procedures! :)
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon