Not Happy. - New York, NY

$15,600 is what I paid out of pocket. $12,000...

$15,600 is what I paid out of pocket.

$12,000 for the "cosmetic" part that the insurance wouldn't cover.
$3,000 for the operating room
$600 for the anesthesia.

My insurance will be paying Dr. Rizk for the Septoplasty, Turbinate reduction, and whatever else he may submit for. The Dr.'s office is asking for $22,000. Now that, plus my $15,600 equals 37,600??? Ok so you tell me if I got my money's worth:

I am 11 days past my surgery. I know about "swelling", I've read all about it. I just don't think that whats left of my nose can be blamed on swelling. There's too damn much left. Way more than I wanted. It should be smaller.

I was told my nose would be shorter, narrower, closer to my face, as well as straighter, deviated septum corrected, dorsal hump shaved down. One of my main concerns was the tip area being too wide and bulbous. The doctor agreed "it's to big". So I paid for tip work. Not seeing much of a difference there, are you? Again, I know all about "swelling", but from countless hours of reviewing before/after photo's on realself, I'm just not convinced swelling can be blamed for this still LARGE nose.

Please be honest with your opinions, don't worry about sparing my feelings. There's nothing you can say to me that I haven't said to myself, and then some. I know the doctor had a big job to do, well that's why I picked a reputable, big job kinda doctor, and took pout a loan to pay for his expertise. So far, I really don't think I got my money's worth.

Unless "swelling" really is to blame, but to be honest, I"m not holding out much hope for that kind of miracle. Sooo disappointed. :(

Front view

Thanks for the comments

To those of you who are writing encouraging words to me, thank you. I appreciate it.

Some are saying "hey, it's better than your old nose".

Yeah, no kidding. Considering how horrendous my "old nose" was, that wasn't really an amazing feat to accomplish.

As you can probably tell, I'm still quite angry, so I'm not going to be posting on here much, because I don't think my angry "outbursts" are going to help me or anyone else. I have good days where I'm not so angry, and bad days like today. I expect that's going to be the norm for me for a while! Bottom line is, it sucks to go through this whole experience, pay twice as much as the "average" rate, and walk out of there with a big nose.

But despite my anger, rest assured I am trying to move on. I'm sure there will be a reduction in "swelling", but I'm not going to kid myself. Whatever happens in the 'end', and I know that will be many months from now, I'll deal with it, and I'll have it fixed, one way or another. That's all I'll say about that for now.

And for those of you who have chosen my review as a forum for your petty arguments, WTF? Go elsewhere please.

To those of you who have been kind and encouraging, again, I truly appreciate it.

Best of luck to you all on your own procedures! :)
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi just checking how are you doing ??
Not happy, nose is still big. But good luck with your surgery.
You're not far out in pre-op...my nose pretty much changes and shrinks daily and I am at 2 months post op....there's still a lot of changing to do. I look at photos of my 3 week post op and I can see a huge difference in swelling between then and now. I also had irregular swelling which has mostly subsided. Patience really is important. Give it time before reaching a full verdict on your nose. I'm really starting to like mine now as the shape is settling in a bit. I had a rhino/septoplasty, turbinates, etc. Hang in there :)
Hang in there, girl. I'm sorry your post was hijacked, but I do hope that once this simmers down you'll come back and give us an update.
Well, your face says it all. You clearly are unhappy with the result, and I'm sorry to hear that. I'd honestly say your old nose was by no means horrendous, and there are definitely clear changes already happening. In the 4th and last photo, your new nose is narrower and tip is more refined, and gives your face a softer and more delicate appearance. You may not see any difference head on as yet because there is clearly a great amount of swelling. Give it some time, a nose job is severe trauma to the bone and cartilage tissues, and the inflammation is the body protecting itself. I've heard noticeable and definite shape takes roughly a year to show up. All the best and hope you feel a greater sense of acceptance as time wears on. (Ps. Is Rizk really charging 30K?? I'd be so pissed I wouldn't go to him on principle, highway robbery! He better pack my nose with gold for that amount of cash.)
I haven't had my surgery yet but I know swelling causes great changes! Don't lose heart. Im so sorry you're going through this.
Thank you Roz :) Best of luck with your surgery!
I think you have the right attitude about it. When I was really angry with my results, I would just tell myself that I would eventually get it fixed and that helped me calm down. Good luck to you and I hope that in the coming months, you start to like your results:)
Hi Lalaland310. Have you decided about your revision? Pls let me know if you need anything. Good luck.
Thanks lala :)
As the others have said, (well, most of the others, ahem), try try try not to fret too much yet. Your nose does look better and straighter. It isn't a super dramatic shrinkage, but hopefully you're a sweller and that's what this is. My nose took at least a year to show itself (if not longer). If you're not happy then, I would encourage you to communicate with Dr. R. about a fee-reduced (or waived) revision. Good luck and please know that we are here for you.
I think your tip does look thinner but I agree that in profile view the nose looks like it has the same projection as before and all he did was remove the hump. HOWEVER! In those pictures you are only 11 days post op. Judging by what I experienced, the nose will get a little de-projected in a few months (mine did). I suspect it might not become as de-projected as you wanted but still I'm sure it will get smaller. Plus, at the one year mark there is skin contracture which shrinks the nose even more. For now, try not to let it bother you too much. Wish you the best! You have to stay positive though. If you feel like he took off too little that's good because it is much easier to reduce a nose than to augment it.
I second what RozeRoze says. Also, my nose shrunk down so much @ the 5 year mark that I needed a tip augmentation. It looked like my tip disappeared. So I believe you will get some deprojection in time. If not you can always have more done. Whether you want to go back to the same Dr. Is a decision you will have to make. I would definitely wait at least till the 18 month mark. Maybellineo
First of all, whatever you do, don't listen to "CoutureGirl" considering I have seen many posts from her and none have been kind or encouraging. I hated my nose for the first 2 weeks after cast removal, and now I can't stop taking pictures! We all heal differently. I was hardly swollen or bruised. I am almost a month post-op and it's like my nose changes from day to day. You are pretty swollen right now. Even with all of your swelling, it's still an improvement! I think you look great and it'll only keep getting better!
I am sure CouturGirl is not aware of Karma. She is not even two months post op and already bashing other people noses. What she is not realizing that noses change for a year or longer. While she might be happy with her nose this may or may not be the case six months or a year from now. Karma does come back and she certainly will get hers for being so disrespectful to others.
Thanks BW :) I do feel like it's getting smaller! I'm getting better at the "patience" thing. Had a freak-out moment I guess. Won't be my last, I'm sure- but I think the worst is done. Moving forward! Thanks for your input.
I don't think couturegirl is a real patient. She's just an advertisement im guessing. Pay no mind
It's all good DYR. I wish you the best of luck in your own situation
I endorse this comment :)
CoutureGirl: you are really insensitive with some of your comments. Saying "there are so many noses on this site that I would be SO unhappy with (which people seem to be thrilled with-- baffles me)" is just one of them. Who are you to judge what makes a nice nose and who should and shouldn't like it? I am a Dr. G. patient. My results? Not so great. I like him and have seen excellent work done by him, but I don't like his follow up care and that he blames things on swelling when other revision specialists I've been to are able to tell me right away what is wrong with my nose. I'm glad you like your results, but telling the MYturn728 that her projection won't change is absurd. My nose continued to deproject and shrink for 8 months and then after that it started to slow down. Dr. G is great, but he's not a God.
Well said Lalaland310! Sorry to hear you are unhappy and looking for a revision. Its very frustrating but like you said Dr. G is not God and neither any other doctor. All of them have good and not so good results. There are those that botch noses and have many of those but they go after people legally and remove all the reviews. Most of us unhappy patients don't vocalize our problems but rather hide and research as much as possible and try o find the right doctor to fix the bad nose job. No one will ever understand what its like until they have been in our shoes. I think this poster has an improved nose and maybe with time she will love it.