9 Month Update with No Change from Pre-Op - NYC

In the summer of 2011, I underwent cosmetic...

In the summer of 2011, I underwent cosmetic rhinoplasty with a desire to straighten my nose. The surgery passed without complication. No excessive bleeding and minimal pain. My plastic surgeon did create a higher bridge. However, as the months passed, I noticed that my nose remained broad on the sides. I am now 9 months post-op and I am concerned that the shape I see now will more or less be the final result. If so, then my nose is broader than I requested in my consult.

I gave my rhinoplasty rating of "undecided" because I do not know if there is a possibility my final result will be a more slender nose. If it remains as is, then it is with a heavy heart and tearful eyes that I believe it was not worth it.

would like to see the pics
I cannot get the pics into the formats accepted by this website. I will keep trying.
Why are the unhappy patients not posting the names of the physicians, this worries me.

Sometimes doctors require patients to sign a form stating that they won't talk about them online. That could be the case here, or it's possible that a member doesn't want to speak badly of their doctor. We have tons of reviews on RealSelf that are negative and do list the doctors. We never remove negative reviews or the names of surgeons just because they are negative.

I choose not to post the name because I am not sure of my progress is normal or if my surgery was insufficient.
Also, this same doctor did my breast implants several years ago and I was pleased with the outcome. I respect and like my doctor as a person, but whereas I saw a bigger chest immediately after my last procedure, I have not seen any enhancement/change this time around.

I'm sorry your results aren't what you'd hoped! That is disappointing, indeed. Do you have a before and after photo you can post so we can visualize what you're describing? (You can blur out your eyes if that would make you more comfortable.)

Hoping that something magical happens and it turns out that your nose is still just swollen!

I did attach before and after photos to the post.

Hmm, strange that we can't view them. Let me know if you need help posting them again. Sorry they are not showing up!

My pics are saved in a doc format in microsoft word. Could this be the reason I can't successfully upload them?