Not Happy with Results So Far, Almost 24 Hrs Later my Upper Lip Still Looks Like a Duck!

This is the first time i have used juvederm, My...

This is the first time i have used juvederm, My upper lip looks like a Duck beak! left side looks larger than right side of lip.I cant go anywhere for fear that someone will notice me. the doctor that did the injections had done injections before with cosmoplast 6 months ago but that didnt last more than 4 weeks. The results looked good but didnt last so decided to use Juvederm this time.Now I totally wish i never had it done! I hope that my lips will look more normal in a couple days because I have to see people i know. Is there anyway to shrink the lips faster? Does anyone know what to do in this case? Also I am bruised in a couple spots, homebound and hating it! hopefully in a few days my review will change if it gets better.

That is completely normal and my Dermatologist advised me of the duck look and assured me that it would relax in 2 weeks. It did so give it time! Your face/mouth has been poked with needles! It must heal so let it. You can't expect instant glamour so let it heal! Use Vitamin e softgels. Poke one and apply directly to lips for healing. I luv luv luv my lips with no wrinkles. I am a 47 year old woman who has no regrets!
I am the same I had mine done yesterday I cant eat because my lips are swollen and brusied I hope they go down as I have to go to work tomorrow and they will definitely notice. I aslo want to know if you can speed up the process of absorption. I wish I had not been so vain and just left my face alone.
Chill my friends, Any injection into the skin will cause some bleeding which makes it blue. I takes 2-3 weeks for this to clear. Also bruising will move according to gravity and along a thing called tissue planes internally. This is all normal. Swelling also is normal it increases for 2 day before it starts to decrease. It is also normal to regret any cosmetic surgery in the first few days. Give it some time. Go back and speak to your doctor.
tomorrow will be a week and my upper lip and mouth still looks abnormally big and wondering how much longer it will take to look more normal. I wanted bigger lips but this is a little extreme. I dont think The doctor put any on the lower lip his nurse said he did but i never noticed any swelling like the upper. on the lower it looks the same as before. What would you do leave it alone or add some on the lower to look more balanced?
Thanks for the encouragement. It has been 3 days since I had Juvederm Plus Ultra injected into my lips, nasolobial folds and the "coin slot" frown between my eyes along with Botox in my forehead and between and on sides of my eyes. The swelling in my lips is scary....and you're right...it seemed to get worse over the last 2 days. Now if it only gets better. I sure hope it goes down since this is supposed to last anywhere from 6 months to a year. I also have bruising at the injection sites of my lips and then for some odd reason, a stripe of bruising going from one side of my mouth down to under the same side of my chin...maybe that tissue plane you were talking about. I'm thrilled with everything else...the Botox is really stopping the wrinkles and frowning and the other filling looks great with no bruising. Anyway, your comment sounded intelligent and reasonable in a sea of panic. Thanks!
This is my third day and my swelling is pretty much gone but now my lines are already starting to show and my whole upper lip is purple. I am pretty freaked out again because I just read on another sight that some people get permanent discoloration. I don't think I will ever do this again. Do you have any bruising. Keep me posted syph2005@comcast.net
The bruising was gone on the 4th day. but the swelling on my upper lip is pretty extreme still i dont think the dr put any on the lower lip. but i never heard of perm bruising. i used ice on and off and also took 4 natural artica pills under the tongue 2 times a day for 2 days so the bruising went away pretty fast.
I had juvederm in lips almos 48 hours ago and I also looked like a duck, or Marge simpson yesterday. Today it is a little less swollen but extremely bruised - not so ducky. I think it will be better once the bruises are gone. According to what I read it takes one to two weeks to really feel normal again. My lips felt very tight yesterday and could hardly eat but that feeling is much better today. So hang in there.
hi, thank you hope it does get to look better. I feel like an alien right now. well its almost 48 hrs from the time i had it. I am so puffy on top of my lips and still ducky. Anyway Did the doctor do your lower lip too? I just had the top lip done and corners of the mouth.My daughter thinks i am nuts and thinks i should not do this says i look awful. I tried to tell her it swollen right now and it will go down. I am trying to hang in there. Its a slow process.