Wish I Would Have Had a Tummy Tuck Sooner! - Norwalk, CT

I started looking into having a tummy tuck 10...

I started looking into having a tummy tuck 10 years ago after my second child was born. At the time I was 25 and didnt have the money to spend on cosmetic surgery. I had my 3rd child in 2006.

I am a triathlete and marathon runner. I eat healthy 95% of the time. After the birth of my last baby my body just did not respond to my workouts. I felt thick around the middle where all the extra skin was. The skin below and around my belly button was wrinkled and full of stretch marks. I am 5' 2" and weighed 118 lbs. Definately not overweight, but I was very self conscious about how my tummy area looked in clothes..especially when I sat down. It seemed like half of by stomach would hang over my jeans! I work out way too hard to not have the perfect body.

We moved to CT in 2009 and I immediatly started looking for a surgeon. I found my Dr in Westport, CT. I was having some issues of feeling selfish and vain for spending so much money on having the surgery performed..not to mention the anxiety over having surgery and being in pain. She reassured me that I was young (I am 36)and I had every right to get it done since I was done having kids. I scheduled surgery for Oct 27th 2010.

The morning of surgery I was a complete mess. I was nervous, anxious, scared..even after taking a xanex! Dr M came in to mark the lines of where the incisions would be, she gave me a hug and a kiss and told me I would be fine. Surgery took about 5 hours. I had a full tt, plus lipo performed on my lower back, hips, inner and outer thighs. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up. I was sore but not in any pain at all.

I am now almost 4 weeks out from surgery. I only had to wear the compression garment for 3 weeks. I am still wearing sweatpants. I tried wearing jeans over the weekend but it feels weird. I have no feeling in my stomach at all..everything is numb. My lower back and inner thighs are still tender from the lipo, but she has assured me that this is normal. I am still swollen, but I can tell a difference already! I weigh 115, (I have lost 3 lbs) and have lost 1 1/2 inches off of my thighs, 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off of my hips. I am not able to run yet. But I have been walking 3 miles a day for a week now. I see the Dr next week and will ask her then if I can go back to the gym and maybe do a spin class even if I cant run yet.

Overall I am so happy I decided to have the surgery. I am looking forward to seeing what I look like at the end of recovery. I would definately do it again if I had to.

I will let her no you said hi Thanks again sharon , I too will be having a breast lift next year .. so maybe we can support each other though that also..TTL Marry Xmas..
I was a nervous wreck the morning of surgery. I started crying in the waiting room because I was so overwhelmed with emotions. I was scared, nervous, anxious etc. I am a worrywart and always assume the worst. Needless to say I was so surprised when I woke from surgery and was not in any pain at all. It felt like I had done a pilates class and I was sore. Thats all I ever felt, just soreness and some tightness, but never any pain. I would definately do it all over again if I had to. I am pleased with my results so far. I am 2 months out, Dr M said it would take 6-9 months to see the full results. I am planning to see her for a breast lift next year also. I did go home the same day. I think I got out of surgery around 3pm and I went home around 7. I dont remember being wheeled into the recovery area. I was in and out from the anesthesia. Definately keep in touch! I am looking forward to hearing all about your results! I don't see Dr M again until Feb..tell her Sharon said hi!! Have a Merry Christmas! Having the surgery is the best present I could have given myself! I will post 8 week pics next week. The swelling has gone down since the 3 weeks pics I have posted.
The gitters are normal Diva, I felt them a week or so before surgery but as it closed in, I started to relax and by the day of surgery I was pretty relaxed about it :)

I am now 11 weeks post op. I feel great! There is...

I am now 11 weeks post op. I feel great! There is still some soreness in the upper part of my stomach. Plus that area gets puffy if I eat a big meal. I started working out again at 6 weeks. I have tried doing abdominal work but it is still uncomfortable. And I do feel tightness when swimming laps and running. I have not lost anymore weight, I hover around 115-117. I was 118 the morning of surgery. I have lost 2 inches off my abdomen, 1 inch off my hips and 2 inches off my thighs. I am happy with the results so far. The Dr said it takes 6-9 months for the swelling to go down, so I am being patient and hoping that by the summer I will be ready for a bikini!

You look awesome!!
You look fabulous Shaz!
Looks GREAT! Way to stick with it all and be open about everything on here for everyone to relate! :)

I had my 4 month check up today with the ps. She...

I had my 4 month check up today with the ps. She was very pleased with how I looked. I did talk to her about some concerns that I have had. The first being that I have a little 'pudge' on my hips still. When I sit down it rolls over the top of my pants. Also, my inner thighs still 'graze' together when I run, and I have a divot on my right one. She said she would revise the lipo when I go in this fall to have my boobs done. I have an appt in Oct for a consultation on the augmentation/lift and to reevaluate my inner thighs and posterior hips. She was surprised at how pink my scar was still. She did mention that it takes a full 6-9 months to heal. So I may not be able to wear a bikini this summer if the bb scar doesnt fade. She was a little concerned that I still dont have any sensation on my skin on my stomach. I can feel pressure if I push on my stomach, but if I run my nails across my skin, I cant feel it at all. Maybe this would be a good time to get a tatoo or get my bb pierced! Lol! She is hoping the feeling will come back in the next couple of months. I have only lost 1 lb, but I wasnt overweight to start with. I was 118 the morning of surgery and now I am 117! Other than that I am feeling really good about the way my stomach looks. I will post more pics soon!

Thank you! I was planning on getting my breasts done in the fall but we just found out we are moving back to Arkansas in August...so I will have to get them done there. (we lived there for 10 years before moving to Connecticut 2 yrs ago)I know a surgeon I can go to there. I also need to have some lipo revisions done on my inner thighs and hips. I am very happy with my results. I wore a bikini for the first time in 13 years last weekend! I was a bit self conscious due to a scar around my belly button, but no one seemed to notice. The best part was sitting down and not having any extra skin hang over! I did and still am using bio oil and mederma cream. How are you feeling? I see that you are a few days post op!
Your tummy is looking great. When are you planning on your breast? Did you expect such great results with your belly? Did you use any special scar creams?
Hi San Francisco! No I dont mind you asking at all. The surgeon didnt think it was a good idea to do the tt and breast implant/lift at the same time. She said I would have been under for over 8 hours. And she didnt want to feel rushed to complete the tt to get to the breasts.(The tt took 5 hrs and she estimated the breasts would be between 3 1/2-4 hours) I would still like to get my breasts done this fall. I could have had them done 6 weeks after the tt surgery, but I was ready to get back to working out. I didnt want to take another 6 weeks off of excercise again!
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Dr M has a wonderful bedside manner. I liked her from the moment she walked into the examination room. I had planned to see other plastic surgeons but once I met her I knew she was the one I wanted to perform my surgery.