Nervous and SO Excited! - Newport Beach, CA

Hi everyone! First of all, I've been addicted to...

Hi everyone! First of all, I've been addicted to this site for months! Guess it's good that I finally joined.
I'm hoping to chat w/ people here who are/were in the same boat as I am. As I've gotten older and gained weight (in my face-YUCK!) I've been very unhappy with my nose and the hereditary 'bump'. Friends and family don't get it and tell me I'm crazy! I personally am ALL FOR plastic surgery, I think it is amazing and the closest thing to magic. I really dislike the stigma attached with it and hope someday everyone will get over it! I'm nervous because I took the first step in starting this process. My consultation is tomorrow with Dr. John M. Shamoun in Newport Beach. I'm very confident by the reviews among patients, different journals and articles claiming he's beyond great. I know exactly what I want and have my iPad equipped with pictures of my nose, in angles that I really like...along with my ideal nose, inspired from a few celebrities. (I know, what a nerd.) I'm looking to ditch the 'bump' and sport a slender, sleek, CUTE nose. I guess, I'll update this after my consult? Incase someone out in the world is dying to know exactly what happens next? Haha!

Laken

Consultation was a success

I love Dr. Shamoun already. He was so animated and to the point. I feel so safe and taken care of. Dr suggested I also get a very small chin implant to balance out my new nose. I have a very weak chin and was never apposed to the idea, just the price tag. I took pics today @ the office and will return in September to see the photoshopped pics :-) Bringing my mom with me, to hopefully calm her nervous about it. Hoping all goes well and that I can book my procedure date bc Dr goes on Xmas vacay right after! Eeek! Crossing my fingers! Also, grand total with both is $12,270.00

I think when it comes to surgery man can say someone does not need it done but many of us feel a certain way about r self . Life is not easy and the older I get the more I respect life and friends ...I think if you feel bad about your body then fix it but take your time and really research .. I wish I could make everyone happy in life because it's sad to see how many people in this world are upset ... I say good luck to you .. You are beautiful and don't need it but if something bugs u take care of you and I wish you the best Hun ... I want the surgery done but I'll be honest I'm scared because there is always risk in life .. But I gave u mad respect for doing it ...

Hey there, our surgery calendar says you're rhinoplasty is today! Thinking of you!

You are so attractive, I love your look. Personally I think you don't need it at all, but you know what is best for you. My surgery is around the same time and will keep in touch to see how you are going. Makes it less scary knowing others will be going through the same.
And I agree, no chin implant!
Hi, will you be doing any other consults?  You live in an area where you have a few decent PS to choose from.  You're so pretty.  Best of luck to you!
PLEASE do no get a chin implant. Don't let him tell you that you need that when you weren't even worried about it in the first place anyways. You seriously don't need it. You should at least just do the rhinoplasty, then if you decide you want the implant later on go back and do it.
You are stunning already and wil look even more so after your rhino however I see absolutely no need for a chin implant!!! You already have a very well defined chin!!!!!
Chin implant not sure how i feel about that depends on the person i guess.I'm getting mine smaller and i think they are making my nostrils smaller too.
You are gorgeous!!!!! I'm glad you have surgeon you like!!!! Personally, I think you have a very nice chin!!! Good luck with everything though!!
Geeze, you are way pretty... take your time, you have your whole life to do this! I am not understanding the chin implant business though, and if it is something that bugs you (though sounds like the surgeon may be trying to up-sell) then consider sliding genioplasty over an implant. But really, You have a nice feminine chin and I promise I have a very keen eye for aesthetics (to a fault sometimes) and I think it would be a mistake. At least think on it a long while, because you did not walk into your appointment with the idea. Sorry but I hate my own, and yours makes me envious,so I cannot imagine trying to make it stick out :/ Part of me is shocked that he even went there, then again it is a business. Good luck! You're already a vision of beauty!
Ps~ At least consider the option of a rhino first, and implant if you think you'd be better suited with it. I know, they will tell you how it is convenient to have 2 procedures at once and the op room fee is cheaper that way, but sorry it kills me how nice I think your chin is, lol.
I had an open septorhinoplasty on Monday (4 days ago). I was absolutely terrified of the post-op discomfort. It hasn't been super awesome, but after reading/watching a lot of patient descriptions, I have to tell you it was MUCH easier and less uncomfortable than I thought it would be. My nose has been crooked for most of my life, and in the past 4 days I have breathed out of my left nostril for the first time since I can remember. Even if it makes you simply feel better about yourself, I think it is worth it. You are not crazy or silly! Having a discerning eye is not a bad thing! You are beautiful already, but if rhinoplasty makes you feel better, it is worth it.

How adorable are you already?! Gah! I'm glad you found a doctor you are comfortable with and I'm looking forward to following your journey. :)

I am glad u decided to do what makes u happy. You r beautiful already and will be even more beautiful.
Thank you!!! That's what I'm hoping for :-)
Hey .. You are a pretty girl and to remove a bump is not that bad i have seen many girls and guys do it and they look great after words .im in the process as well. Are you just removing the bump or doing any thing else ?
Thank you! Well, i'm actually getting a TINY chin implant as well, doctor said I will be so happy. He recommended it along with the rhino.
Oh and to be more precise, Dr is also straightening my nose (its a bit crooked) and rotating the tip very slightly.