rhinoplasty- Newport Beach, CA

Hello, I went for my pre op last Friday 7/26. I am...

Hello, I went for my pre op last Friday 7/26. I am so excited can't wait for my surgery! I will be having my rhinoplasty next Friday 8/9. I hate my nose. Its so big and fat. It has no shape at all. My mother has such a cute small nose, but unfortunetly I got my dads nose. Can't wait to see the new me! Any advice for me?

consultation picture

almost there!!

I went to target today and bought the pjs I will be wearing for surgery, lip balm, a cup with a straw, u shape neck pillow. I have all my medication ready. I'm excited! I can't wait to see what my results will look like! I've never had surgery so I'm a little nervous about that, but I'm sure everythig will be fine. One more day to go!

The big day is here!

Finally surgery day is here!! I'm not nervous just very excited! I will post pictures after surgery.

surgery went great!

I had my surgery this morning at 8:30. I thought I would get very nervous, but I didn't. I've never been under anastisia before was a little nervous about that, but one minute I'm talking about my job and then the next thing I know I'm awake and the surgery was over. I don't even know when I fell asleep. So far I'm not in pain. I did take my pain meds. It was an hour drive home and I thought I might feel nauses but I didn't at all. So far so good. Everyone at Dr. Elam office is simply wonderful!

first day after surgery

It was kind a rough night last night. I had to sleep with two pillows to keep my head elevated. That was hard. I did have that much swelling yesterday. This morning I went to the doctors office to get my packing taken out. I haven't had an appetite at all not sure if that's normal. I'm getting pretty swollen now. Hopefully I'm able to sleep better tonight.

1st day after surgery

4th day Pre Op

Hello I just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm on my way to get my nose cleaned out. I'm feeling pretty good. The swelling from my face has gone down a lot. Can't wait for Friday to get the cast off!

sorry I mean post op ;)

Cast is off!

I got my cast taken of this morning. I can see that there is still to much swelling and to me it looks almost the same right now. But I know I have to be patient and let the swelling go down.

cast off day

Here are some pics a few hours after my cast removal. Feeling great after my first real shower after a week. You can still see its swollen but I'm hopeful! :)

cast removal day

2nd day after cast removal

looking much better!

I feel like the swelling is going down! My nose is getting a nice shape! I'm loving it! It looks a lot bigger then it is in the picture.

10 days post op

here is one more before picture

still swollen

Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Elam he has years of experience and it shows by the way he explains things. He has a great office with great staff! I love my new nose! It looks so natural. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Dr. Elam is a very sweet and caring person. I felt save and comfortable the whole time. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. I can't say enough about Jody and Lupe! They really care about the patients and will do anything to see us happy. Thank you all for making me feel beautiful!

You can definitely see a difference. Looks good. Do you have new pics?
you look great I can tell the difference...........im going the first week of nov im so happy and scared...........
im going to him soon was the pain bad?
It wasn't painful at all. When are you doing yours?
any more pics
You look like you didn't have too much bruising and you had a good recovery . Enjoy your new nose !
Yes your right because Im only two days ahead of her and I still have purple eyes..
I think your nose is going to look great after the swelling goes down. I'm sure you have a lot of swelling if you still have purple eyes. Try icing it.. I feel like that helped so much!
I got very lucky I didn't really bruise. Thank you!
Hi - congrats on the surgery and good luck with your healing! Wish we could have our final result bang after cast removal!! Can't wait to watch your progress and your nose turn into your dream nose! :) Already looking great!!
Thank you! I'm so glad I finally did it! I know right! If only we didn't have to wait. But yes! I can already see changes! I'm excited to see it change more! Thank you again! :) good luck with yours!
Getting better and fast thanx.
Thank you! I've been drinking Arnica pills and I think that's helping :)
very nice and natural
Thank you!
the profile looks great! thanks for the update.
Thanks for keeping us informed as you go. There is nothing better than a play by play as you are going thru it. Hope your appetite returns soon :)
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Thank you!
You will look gorgeous I'm sure!!
Thank you! I'm excited to see my results! :)
I'm glad things went good I also can't wait to see my results
My nose is very swollen! Hopeing it goes down a lot.
mine is too ive been taking arnica and bromelain pills