rhinoplasty- Newport Beach, CA

Hello, I went for my pre op last Friday 7/26. I am...

Hello, I went for my pre op last Friday 7/26. I am so excited can't wait for my surgery! I will be having my rhinoplasty next Friday 8/9. I hate my nose. Its so big and fat. It has no shape at all. My mother has such a cute small nose, but unfortunetly I got my dads nose. Can't wait to see the new me! Any advice for me?

consultation picture

almost there!!

I went to target today and bought the pjs I will be wearing for surgery, lip balm, a cup with a straw, u shape neck pillow. I have all my medication ready. I'm excited! I can't wait to see what my results will look like! I've never had surgery so I'm a little nervous about that, but I'm sure everythig will be fine. One more day to go!

The big day is here!

Finally surgery day is here!! I'm not nervous just very excited! I will post pictures after surgery.

surgery went great!

I had my surgery this morning at 8:30. I thought I would get very nervous, but I didn't. I've never been under anastisia before was a little nervous about that, but one minute I'm talking about my job and then the next thing I know I'm awake and the surgery was over. I don't even know when I fell asleep. So far I'm not in pain. I did take my pain meds. It was an hour drive home and I thought I might feel nauses but I didn't at all. So far so good. Everyone at Dr. Elam office is simply wonderful!

first day after surgery

It was kind a rough night last night. I had to sleep with two pillows to keep my head elevated. That was hard. I did have that much swelling yesterday. This morning I went to the doctors office to get my packing taken out. I haven't had an appetite at all not sure if that's normal. I'm getting pretty swollen now. Hopefully I'm able to sleep better tonight.

1st day after surgery

4th day Pre Op

Hello I just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm on my way to get my nose cleaned out. I'm feeling pretty good. The swelling from my face has gone down a lot. Can't wait for Friday to get the cast off!

sorry I mean post op ;)

Cast is off!

I got my cast taken of this morning. I can see that there is still to much swelling and to me it looks almost the same right now. But I know I have to be patient and let the swelling go down.

cast off day

Here are some pics a few hours after my cast removal. Feeling great after my first real shower after a week. You can still see its swollen but I'm hopeful! :)

cast removal day

2nd day after cast removal

looking much better!

I feel like the swelling is going down! My nose is getting a nice shape! I'm loving it! It looks a lot bigger then it is in the picture.

10 days post op

here is one more before picture

still swollen

Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Elam he has years of experience and it shows by the way he explains things. He has a great office with great staff! I love my new nose! It looks so natural. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Dr. Elam is a very sweet and caring person. I felt save and comfortable the whole time. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. I can't say enough about Jody and Lupe! They really care about the patients and will do anything to see us happy. Thank you all for making me feel beautiful!