rhinoplasty- Newport Beach, CA

Hello, I went for my pre op last Friday 7/26. I am...

Hello, I went for my pre op last Friday 7/26. I am so excited can't wait for my surgery! I will be having my rhinoplasty next Friday 8/9. I hate my nose. Its so big and fat. It has no shape at all. My mother has such a cute small nose, but unfortunetly I got my dads nose. Can't wait to see the new me! Any advice for me?
Thank you! I can't wait for Friday. I'm excited and nervous. Can't wait to see the results.
I hope ur surgery goes well. Looking forward to seeing ur new nose.
Good luck! I look foward to seeing your results. I think the technical aspects of our noses could be very similar.

consultation picture

Your digital images look great.  I've read good things about Dr. Elam.  Thank you for sharing your experience and photos with us!  Please keep us updated.  I can't wait to see your after photos.  Best wishes for a fast and easy recovery!
Thank you so much faith! I'm getting nervous now. I just hope everything goes well and I'm happy with my results. Thank you for your wishes :)

I'm excited for you! Here's a list of supplies you might find helpful for recovery. I'll be thinking of you on Friday!

almost there!!

I went to target today and bought the pjs I will be wearing for surgery, lip balm, a cup with a straw, u shape neck pillow. I have all my medication ready. I'm excited! I can't wait to see what my results will look like! I've never had surgery so I'm a little nervous about that, but I'm sure everythig will be fine. One more day to go!
Thank you all!
All the best.
I just had surgery yesterday with him we are only two days apart..good luck

The big day is here!

Finally surgery day is here!! I'm not nervous just very excited! I will post pictures after surgery.
You will look gorgeous I'm sure!!
Thank you for the advice and the well wishes! :)

surgery went great!

I had my surgery this morning at 8:30. I thought I would get very nervous, but I didn't. I've never been under anastisia before was a little nervous about that, but one minute I'm talking about my job and then the next thing I know I'm awake and the surgery was over. I don't even know when I fell asleep. So far I'm not in pain. I did take my pain meds. It was an hour drive home and I thought I might feel nauses but I didn't at all. So far so good. Everyone at Dr. Elam office is simply wonderful!
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Thank you!
Thank you! I'm excited to see my results! :)

first day after surgery

It was kind a rough night last night. I had to sleep with two pillows to keep my head elevated. That was hard. I did have that much swelling yesterday. This morning I went to the doctors office to get my packing taken out. I haven't had an appetite at all not sure if that's normal. I'm getting pretty swollen now. Hopefully I'm able to sleep better tonight.

1st day after surgery

Thanks for keeping us informed as you go. There is nothing better than a play by play as you are going thru it. Hope your appetite returns soon :)

4th day Pre Op

Hello I just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm on my way to get my nose cleaned out. I'm feeling pretty good. The swelling from my face has gone down a lot. Can't wait for Friday to get the cast off!

sorry I mean post op ;)

Cast is off!

I got my cast taken of this morning. I can see that there is still to much swelling and to me it looks almost the same right now. But I know I have to be patient and let the swelling go down.

cast off day

Here are some pics a few hours after my cast removal. Feeling great after my first real shower after a week. You can still see its swollen but I'm hopeful! :)

cast removal day

the profile looks great! thanks for the update.

2nd day after cast removal

You look like you didn't have too much bruising and you had a good recovery . Enjoy your new nose !
Yes your right because Im only two days ahead of her and I still have purple eyes..
Hi - congrats on the surgery and good luck with your healing! Wish we could have our final result bang after cast removal!! Can't wait to watch your progress and your nose turn into your dream nose! :) Already looking great!!

looking much better!

I feel like the swelling is going down! My nose is getting a nice shape! I'm loving it! It looks a lot bigger then it is in the picture.

10 days post op

I think your nose is going to look great after the swelling goes down. I'm sure you have a lot of swelling if you still have purple eyes. Try icing it.. I feel like that helped so much!
I got very lucky I didn't really bruise. Thank you!

here is one more before picture

im going to him soon was the pain bad?
any more pics

still swollen

You can definitely see a difference. Looks good. Do you have new pics?
you look great I can tell the difference...........im going the first week of nov im so happy and scared...........
It wasn't painful at all. When are you doing yours?
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Elam he has years of experience and it shows by the way he explains things. He has a great office with great staff! I love my new nose! It looks so natural. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Dr. Elam is a very sweet and caring person. I felt save and comfortable the whole time. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. I can't say enough about Jody and Lupe! They really care about the patients and will do anything to see us happy. Thank you all for making me feel beautiful!