Very Interested in Corrective Jaw Surgery-- However, Cost Questions & Any Advice? New York, NY

I have been suffering with mouth prognathism +...

I have been suffering with mouth prognathism + under bite. I actually first heard news of it when I was about 16 years old, now, I'm only months away from turning 18 and I'm looking to correct it. Money is a huge issue in my family, and since my case is not considered serious to my insurance company (United Healthcare), it will most likely not be covered-- so money out of my own pockets, in other words.

I never actually noticed my condition to actually be bad and just thought that being a messy eater or having the difficulty to chew a pizza crust with the front of my teeth something I've developed on my own-- Seems not.

I've been researching Corrective Jaw Surgery and had an online consultation to actually know how complicated my condition apparently is. I have a very receding chin, while my upper jaw/maxilla, is protruding forward, in addition to having an under-bite. I've looked into Corrective Jaw Surgery being told that it could improve my condition. Though, the hard thing about this is the money involved. And being from the New York tri-state area doesn't help since most surgeon's prices would be sky-high. I understand that most may say that it's worth the money you pay to go to a well-known surgeon-- I also agree. But can places like these arrange special payment plans or perhaps it depends on the place itself? Does the price range from how severe the issue is, or just for having the surgery itself that makes it expensive, or because of the location of the surgeon?

I was interested in doing rhinoplasty, however, I was recommended to do the corrective jaw surgery first since it could greatly change the ratio or harmony of my face.