Accutane (Zenatane)

Hi, I am 22 years old and I have been battling...

Hi, I am 22 years old and I have been battling cystic acne ever since I was 11. It started right after I got the chicken pox. Once the chicken pox cleared, boom I had acne, which than turned into cystic acne. Painful and not fun. Sometimes I would beg my mom to miss a day of school due to it sometimes being so bad and the cystic being so big, especially one I used to get on my nose repeatedly. My parents always told me I will eventually grow out of it, its hormonal and once i was in my 20's it will clear. Nope, 22 almost 23 in 2 months its gotten worse and has left dark spots on my face and is painful and is only getting worse. My face is so oily to where I have to wash it 3x if not 4x a day and use creams to dry it out. I would also tan 4x a week in a tanning bed, I felt like that was the only thing to do that will help my skin. It will dry it out and help control the oil and also control the break out as well as I felt like it will help blend the acne scars in with my skin. This is horrible. Tanning beds are not good at all and I knew I was doing more damage to my skin by doing that. I couldn't use any creams to help with the scars. I will break out in a big cystic pimple if i did. I've tried creams, antibiotics nothing wants to help. It will calm it down a little bit, but than irritate my skin and I still will break out. I finally got myself to get started accutane, well generic which is called "Zenatane". I put alot of thought into starting it, because I was scared of all the side effects. Finally I said enough is enough. I will be suffering longer if i don't at least try it. I have read so many bad reviews and side effects online, but my boyfriend said don't read it, do it and that everyone is different on how accutane will effect them side effect wise. So I start my first dose tomorrow!!! I am very excited but a little nervous. I love reading everyones reviews it helps kinda lift the spirit up and makes me think positive. I will be posting my before pics and all through out the whole time Im on Zenatane. If any one has any tips on what to expect and what products to use, that will be great!!! I know dryness is a big one, I started to stock up on eye drops and chapsticks. I fear of hairloss, but they did say it was more of a rare one. So positive thinking is what I will be doing.

A before picture.. my face currently;all day every day.

9 months on Accutane(gen: zenatane)

Defiantly best medication ever. The pictures I posted with this post is my improvement compare to my last post. Sorry I've been busy and have not been able to update :/ between work and now 2 tonsillectomys lol not fun!
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

They are awesome! They encouraged me to finally start accutane. My other doctor refused to put me on it. But when I made the switch, Dr. Kovach's office said I was a candidate, due to the cystic acne cycles I am going thru.