Worst Decision of my Life - Monterrey

I had a rhinoplasty to remove a dorsal hump. I...

I had a rhinoplasty to remove a dorsal hump.
I just wanted some minimal rasping but the doctor changed my entire nose!
I don't recognize myself when I look in the mirror.

The tip is upturned, and pinched.
My profile is ski sloped (I asked for straight)
and the nasal bones are now pencil thin!

My eyes dont even look the same because he messed so much with the bones around them....

Every morning I feel like I wake up into a nightmare. I am currently looking into revision. Hopefully I can find a doctor.

En español

Tener la cirugía de nariz con el Doctor Héctor Ramírez de FORMA fue la peor decisión de mi vida. Yo solamente quería que me raspara un poquito el dorso de la nariz pero el doctor cambió mi nariz completamente!

La hizo DEMASIADO delgada y aparte me la dejo para arriba de puerquito.

Yo no le pedí nada de esto y fui súper específica que quería algo natural. El me dijo que me vería igual de en frente y eso fue una mentira. Mi nariz está completamente cambiada y demasiado pequeña para mi nariz.

Ahora estoy sufriendo de una depresión demasiado grande. El doctor Hector Ramírez arruino mi vida

Examining the mistakes my surgeon made

So as examine my nose more and more (I usually avoid mirrors) I am understanding what I don't like about it and mistakes the surgeon made.

One of the things about this nose is that it is upturned.
As a result, it is showing a LOT nostril where I didn't show any before.

Another thing and possibly the most difficult to fix (if not impossible) is that the doctor was extremely aggressive with the osteotomies and to top it off the osteotomies are not even. The nasal bones were narrowed more at the top and less at the bottom giving me a hollow eye look.

I believe as a result of the osteotomies my internal nasal valves were narrowed so they get clogged easier and also make a whistling noise often.

My nose lost so much support so it has collapsed. I have what you call an inverted V deformity.

The tip was overly narrowed as well giving it a pinched look. It is also higher than the rest of my dorsum giving me a scooped look on profile view.

I am looking into revision specialists. Hopefully someone can get me back to a place where I can feel comfortable with myself.

Should I wait?

I've been hearing a lot of great things about Dr. Davis so I am considering seeing him. Unfortunately when I called his Office I found out he has no openings until April of NEXT year! This is devastating to me because I was hoping to have surgery this this December and be done with the suffering.

Avoiding my reflection has proven to be tricky and tiering.

I was also considering seeing other doctors like Gruber and Guyuron but for that I must wait too as I can't afford to travel all around the country in one time.

Does anyone have any advice?

My Journey to Revision Rhinoplasty

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm writing a review about he doctors I'm consulting with for my revision. You can find it at http://www.realself.com/review/usa-my-journey-revision-rhinoplasty#/entry-356150

In case you are still interested :)

I could always use some input from others and also sharing my experience and receiving the support helps!

Hector Ramirez

This doctor claimed I would look the same from the front and I TOTALLY do not. He did not listen to what I asked at all and just did what he wanted, a cookie cutter nose that is way too small for my face. Don't go to him just because he appears on television. He will not listen to your individual needs.

Hi Hun, I've had a disappointing primary rhino outcome too. So sorry you are going this! :( About the reflection thing; I've been spending a lot of time getting back to nature - no mirrors there. ;) Try to stay hopeful during the healing year. Can you try to distract yourself with a hobby or travel to tie you over until the revision? xx
This is good advice. I find that being outdoors helps fight depression. Something about the sunshine and fresh air. The problem is that we tend to become hermits after bad plastic surgery as we don't want to socialize with others.
Hi! I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience. I know your inner beauty is shining through and you're still a beautiful person- regardless of how terrible you think you look. As far as revision, are you willing to travel to california? My PS is world-renowned for revision rhinoplasty. It may be worth the trip?
I should add, not only does he only do Rhinoplasty and not only is he a specialist but he has written 4 textbooks on Rhinoplasty Techniques and he also teaches techniques to other plastic surgeons. In addition, he has done over 4,000 rhinoplasties. He does rib grafts and ear cartilage grafts to totally rebuild noses that have literally collapsed.
Who is your surgeon? I have family in California and planning to move there
I am messaging you :)
I think you should post before and after pictures so people can comment what they think about your nose too, you might have BDD and the nose might actually look good on you. And honestly since 31 march 2014 was 3 months post op you have to wait a year until you see the permanent results (a nose can change a lot after surgery, it can take up to TWO years until you see the final result). Take care and ask anything... I think Dr Anil Shah is good with revisions.
Missbeka .. That is just a very rude. It s not even about the nose . It s about the feeling of being violated . When you trust your surgeon with your face and they don t respect Your wishes and needs. I thought her nose was better than my butched one but again we can t tell if it blends well with the rest of her face . She is going through enough she Doesn t need rude comment like that . And rozeroze. If you are planning on having your nose revised please stay away from fillers . They will make the surgery riskier ( blood circulation , infection) also you next surgeon will not be able to correctly judge your nose .fillers tend to last a long time n the nose . Best luck to you
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

What you don't know is those pictures you see are not really what my nose looks like because I had to add filler to it because it is so THIN. AND ALSO this is a cookie cutter nose that does not fit my face. I didn't ask for a tiny nose I just wanted my same nose improved. Don't come here and say that my result is good when you don't know what the rest of my face looks like. Dr. Ramirez is an AWFUL doctor because he did not listen to what I told him I wanted and just did whatever he felt like doing.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm so sorry to hear about this and know first hand how devastating a bad surgery is. I hope you find a great revision surgery and ride the emotional rollercoaster to a better outcome so you can make peace with all of this! Best of luck.
Thank you! I am in the research process at the moment
Where are you from, US or Europe?
Its actually crazy the amount of cowboy surgeons they are. They should know their capabilities. Its good that you named and shamed him, why stop here, do it on all the websites so nobody else makes the same mistake
I am living in the US but my surgery was in Monterrey Mexico
He was a famous surgeon in that city. Comes out on TV and everything :/ which is why I'm not going to see any Beverlyhills doctors lol
Like frankel? He is v expensive, but does provide goid input on here and his email responses have been good. How about hilinski?
Oh, Frankel has a direct e-mail?
Well, via his assistant anyway!
In not sure about Hilinski. I don't know if he can make the nose wider. I think I heard something really bad about him on the internet so I didn't really look into him. Are you looking into him? So far Boahene seems like my best option
There's bad about everyone, it's scary. Even Davis and I mean real bad although I trust him. Nothing really negative about boahene although his speciality is African noses and I'm Caucasian thin skin ???
What is your main goal with rhinoplasty? You can PM me so we can have a conversation about this if you'd like
I'm in the same boat as you rozeroze, I knew from the minute I woke up it was wrong. I hope we can find a resolution. Keep us posted on your journey to revision, thank yoh
Do you have any doctors in mind for revision? I know I'm going to consult with a fee before I make a decision