Body Lift!! Yes!

I'm doing it! Lower body lift and breast lift...

I'm doing it! Lower body lift and breast lift is scheduled for this fall. Doc review when surgeries are completed.

I have been reading up on seroma and how to best...

I have been reading up on seroma and how to best be prepared for this dramatic surgery. I came across this book and just read the free highlights. It is so very informative.

For me personally, I've learned from this great site Real Self and the book listed below (which is actually a medical book), that the lower BMI, the less likely for complications after surgery. That proper protein and nutrients before and after surgery can impact the surgery and recovery and would healing. That a lower BMI prior to surgery can help reduce the occurrence of seroma and the problem with stitches opening up, but doesn't guarantee it.

Elevated BMI has been reported to impact dehiscence (wound dehiscence is a surgical complication in which a wound breaks open along surgical suture). And, gaining or losing weight after surgery will impact the results dramatically. Oh, also, I like that the surgeon I've chosen uses anesthesia that helps with post surgery nausea and vomiting. In fact, this book called the sickness after surgery the 'big "little" problem.' The problem is that with lower body lift or tummy tuck throwing up can cause not only pain, but obviously potential separation of the stitches.

So, I'm ready to rock and I think. Like most, or not all, of us on this site, we want to be informed patients.

I'm 5'2" and 170 pounds down from 240/225/205 and now for the last few months 170. It's time to focus and get to 130. I'd like to get there by the end of August and maintain that weight prior to surgery for a few months. As I told my friend, I know how to stay at 170. Now I need to figure out how to get to and stay at 130.

This is an expensive surgery: financially and emotionally. This could be life-changing and a very positive experience if I am prepared physically and emotionally. I'm preparing to have a lengthy recovery. I'm preparing to have realistic expectations. I'm preparing to say good bye to the shaming body of my past.

Amen.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm excited about my future lower body lift with...

I'm excited about my future lower body lift with breast lift and augmentation. I'm grateful that I am 6 months away from surgery. There is so much info and preparation. I have found that my weight loss has been like it always has been, put off by this or that. I'm still working out, but need to focus on input. How can I expect to spend all this money on a body that isn't at the ideal weight? I would feel such huge regret going into surgery not at idea weight, and having had maintained it for 2 months. That's the plan.

Fear is a motivator for me actually. I've read about how some people a. didn't lose all the weight prior to a LBL and when they did, after surgery, it almost made the surgery a failure because they developed the same problems...albeit at a new weight, but hanging skin. Or, people gain weight after surgery and they look freaky. I don't want to be in either of those categories.

Today I reassert myself to be ready for surgery: not just the educational variety, but real life...weight loss. Grateful for the opp to make the changes. I really am. Grateful for the time to prepare.

Thank you! :)
Here is another link, were the patient has a slight dog ear. Still pretty good work and the final result is after 3 years.http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/plastic_surgery_video/tummy_tuck_4_flv.html
Hi , I'm a little afraid of the medical tourism.
Here is a link to Dr. Bermant who is now retired.There is a wealth of info including a board were you can get detailed info about cosmetic procedures and how to judge a ps work. Take a look....it's a real eye opener. http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/tummy_tuck/video_bellydancer_tummytuck.htm
Thank you. I am busy making myself crazy reading and getting anxious. I do feel that at some point I have to say I've done the best I can, picked the right surgeon, have everything in place and say a little prayer.

I think BMI of 28 is great. I'm still at the obese level though so to get the best results I can for the money and to know I've done the best I could, I would like to lose more.

Glad to hear about the seroma not being a big deal. It is common I guess. And yes, a lower body lift is the biggest plastic surgery they do and with that comes big risks. But, possibly, big benefits.

I have read of some people who have not faired well (still swollen years after procedure, loss of feeling, uneven results), etc. We all go into this hoping it won't be us, but just like life, we never know.

Thank you for your post. And you look so great. Seriously! What an accomplishment.
My family doc and PS doesn't think I am going to lose a lot more weight, although my BMI is 28, I carry a lot of muscle I am never going to get to 150 pounds. I got a seroma, I don't blame my doctor for it, it is a wierd thing, one girl who has a nagging one like me is a 115 pounds so they just happen, it is no biggie really. Aside form the inconvenience of going in all the time to get it drained, it is not that big a deal, and not allowing you to exercise sooner, but all these surgeries carry huge risks, blood clots, and things like that are what worried me and that was all fine. DOnt make yourself crazy in these coming months cause it is easy to do! Get as close to your goal as possible, you might like me I was stuck for 6 months with serious dieting, a trainer, working out, and now the weight will get moving again. Work out, eat properly and trust in your doctor that is the best advice I can give you!!!
Thank you SSS... Good luck to us both! I'll be cheering you on too. I think we're on the same page as far as research. I spent time reading up on the Lockwood technique and different types of lipo, etc. I think for me any way, I need to focus on the weight loss and trust my doc. I feel I picked the right one.

When are you planning on surgery?
I had my usual check up and my doctor thinks that 50 lbs is the maximum I should loose. I'm looking at sometime September -October time frame.
As far as drains were concerned, that was in reference to the tummy tuck.
Are you monitoring your body fat levels? A bmi of less than 30 is what a lot of ps recommend, but as BJ states below you can have a high body weight, higher bmi and low body fat.
I'm concentrating more on building muscle definition in areas like my arms, shoulders, legs, and butt. If everything else looks good, the surgery will only enhance the other areas.
Right now until surgery- while the pounds are important - I think of exercise more as sculpting my body. Working out can quickly become boring if I'm doing it only to burn calories or loose weight. But since I've changed my focus on developing a set of beautiful guns and amazing thighs, I don't focus as much on the surgery.
Hope this helps.
That's an awesome plan. Me too! I just to be a stable weight.

Have you heard of Dr. Sauceda in Mexico? I would never consider that, but I've read a lot of people on another site that go to him, like 100's over the years, and have great results, attentive aftercare, he takes credit cards and the price is less. Obviously I don't want money to dictate something serious like this, but I'm intrigued.

You?

His site isn't what has intrigued me, it's the patients that I read on another weightloss site. It's almost like a cult following.
Hi,
I've been reading the links to the info you provided. I also feel we think alike. So far I've lost about 50 lbs and would like to loose about 70 to 80 more. I'm monitoring my body fat and bmi, while I combine weight lifting and aerobics. It's slow going but my goal to become more muscular/smaller without a lot of loose skin. My trainer told me I should probably aim for about 25 more. We shall see.
High bmi and body fat brings too many complications and not the result I'm aiming for. I think your weight loss goal of 40lbs by August is very realistic.

...Hi - just saw this great one.
Thanks - I did find those on your posts. We are birds of a feather, as they say. I heard of the technique, I think from this site, but I've been doing more of the reading on Dr Hurwitz and Dr Agha.

Have you scheduled your surgery? I'm November 2012.
The following are links I provided to start a discussion about tummy tucks. In your research did you find out any info about the Lockwood technique? He developed guidelines, techniques, and even surgical tools for the high lateral technique and body lifts for after dealing with massive weight loss patients. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2825125/ http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedicine/Modern+Medicine+Now/High-lateral-tension-abdominoplasty-offers-benefit/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/762877 http://www.abodybeautiful.com/tummy_tuck_forum/tummy_tuck_surgeon.html
That's interesting SoulSister. I haven't come to that conclusion: seroma and drains a thing of the past. Can you share a link? It was my understanding the drains, well in a lower body lift, is an important part. Your thoughts?

I do like the surgery done in a surgery center, not a hospital, and using IV instead of the cheap gasses, so you're not vomiting after surgery and ruining your new sutures.

Looking forward to your reply. I'm going to look at your page. Thanks for writing.
My research has also lead me to the same conclusion. When I started to read papers presented by the board and physician guidelines about good tummy tucks it has become easier in identifying quality work. Seromas and even drains in some instances have become a thing of the past.