“Mini” Facelift – Big Pain!

I have been recovering from a mini-facelift for...

I have been recovering from a mini-facelift for the past three weeks. It was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon because I’m only in my 40s so therefore not a good candidate for a full facelift yet. However, I wanted more drastic results than contour threads or Thermage. The biggest difference with the mini-facelift is that the incisions aren’t as long and I guess the whole process is a bit easier. I have also heard that it hurts less.

I had the mini-lift at the same time as an upper and lower eyelift and I highly recommend this. The eyelift didn’t hurt at all but the facelift did – it felt like my ears were ripped off and sewn back on! Still, it was nice to get everything done at the same time.

I was on heavy painkillers (Oxycontin) for the first four days and gradually took fewer as the week went on. My doctor also advised Bromelain to help with the swelling and I think that has really helped.

Getting into a normal routine is the hardest part. Sleeping is bad (made better by strong drugs!) but even yawning suddenly became an adventure. The first time you try to do it, you’ll see what I mean. I think I have inadvertently lost some weight during this experience too because it’s hard to chew, which isn’t so bad except I know it’ll come back.

I am pleased with the results and would do this all over again. The pain, although I talk about it the most, was not bad considering the results I got. Even though I am still bruised in places, I look 10-15 years younger. I can’t believe how good I look!

Has anyone had this proceedure done in Charleston,SC?
Hi! Could yu please tell me your doctors name? I am from Toledo also and looking for a doctor. Thanks!
I live in Ohio - what is the name of the doctor Anne used in Lima Ohio?
I have a mini 4 years ago and yes, the ears hurt so bad I had to have the drains removed the second day, but after that it was not too bad... I am going to do it again and I love my dr too in Lima, Ohio. He's a real nice man and really cares. Do it if you think it's what you need. You won't be sorry.
Anne, what is your dr's name in Lima, also anyone in toledo who is good?
I had the mini-lift about two months ago. I am older than older than your 54 but have always aged fairly well and been well and have been told I look younger. My plastic surgeon even suggested themini-lift for me. I also can't afford the down time of the full lit as my work schedule is too demanging. In addition, I've been receiveing some Restylane and Botox regularly for the probelm areas. This makes a major difference. I too have the beginnings of jowls and I needed a little work in the neck area, which the mini-lift did address. Also is the fact that I don't want to have a stretched look. Really, my doc said I just needed the mini-lift. So I think you would be pleased with it. There was some pain and discomfort involved but bearable, especially after the first couple of days. Good luck. My doc is wonderful too.
Hi, Just wondering how old you are? I'll be 54 soon and am getting jowls. Not sure the mini-lift would work for me. I'm thinking I might need a full face-lift and it's not something I want to do yet.
I had a mini face lift, actually called an anterior facial tuck in January and I love the look! The surgery was a breeze, had stitches for 10 days, some swelling and brusing but it was so worth it. I was able to resume all normal activities, except exercise, within one week. No one would ever ever guess that I had anything done and there was little pain. I did not need the full face lift so this was a great way to make me look 10 years younger with little down time. I would definitely do it again. My Dr. is fabulous, he did an upper lid blepharplasty last year and that also was a piece of cake with one week downtime as well. Next year I am going to have him do the fraxel lasering on my face and hands. I have everything done in January when little is going on and I have some time to heal.
Great post! You mentioned your Dr. is fabulous. Would you mind sharing his info. with me?? Thanks ever so!
Did you find out the Dr's name? If so, will you mind sharing his info? Thanks, Theresa
I have a "turkey neck"!! A full face lift is too invasive and I don't want to be put to sleep. Two questions-How much does a mini cost?(approximately) Can the procedure be done outside of a hospital?
Could you share your Dr. with me as well?
What exactly does an anaterior facial tuck entail? Can you share the doctor?