“Mini” Facelift – Big Pain!

I have been recovering from a mini-facelift for...

I have been recovering from a mini-facelift for the past three weeks. It was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon because I’m only in my 40s so therefore not a good candidate for a full facelift yet. However, I wanted more drastic results than contour threads or Thermage. The biggest difference with the mini-facelift is that the incisions aren’t as long and I guess the whole process is a bit easier. I have also heard that it hurts less.

I had the mini-lift at the same time as an upper and lower eyelift and I highly recommend this. The eyelift didn’t hurt at all but the facelift did – it felt like my ears were ripped off and sewn back on! Still, it was nice to get everything done at the same time.

I was on heavy painkillers (Oxycontin) for the first four days and gradually took fewer as the week went on. My doctor also advised Bromelain to help with the swelling and I think that has really helped.

Getting into a normal routine is the hardest part. Sleeping is bad (made better by strong drugs!) but even yawning suddenly became an adventure. The first time you try to do it, you’ll see what I mean. I think I have inadvertently lost some weight during this experience too because it’s hard to chew, which isn’t so bad except I know it’ll come back.

I am pleased with the results and would do this all over again. The pain, although I talk about it the most, was not bad considering the results I got. Even though I am still bruised in places, I look 10-15 years younger. I can’t believe how good I look!