Waiting for Mohs Surgery After Unexpected Discovery of Bcc on Skin Fold Upper Right Lip - Melbourne, Australia

Wnt to doctor for routine filler/botox and was...

Wnt to doctor for routine filler/botox and was asked about a sore I had on my upper lip . I informed the nurse it was ecsma . She told me that she didnt think that was correct and sent me straight away for biopsy which came back the next day positive to infiltrating ulcerating bcc. With a depth of atleast mid dermis possibly more.

Have seen dermatologist who then referred me to a Mohs surgeon who booked me in for urgent surgery 16th May. The only skin cancer I ever new about was melenoma. I have had this sore for at least 4 years of being sore and bleeding. Who knows how long I had it before then.

I suppose now I am surfing the net trying to find out as much information as possible. It is scary not knowing how much they will need to cut out until the day. Is my bcc a normal easy one or is it going to be a more difficult deep procedure.?? Is the mid dermis deep far down and how far in 5 years could it spread under my skin.?? So many questions??