Left with Permanent "Lurch" Marks on Each Cheek - Melbourne, Australia

I was after cheek fillers to feminise my features....

I was after cheek fillers to feminise my features. I had 1 ml in each cheek in Nov '10 and was given juvederm Voluma in each cheek using a canula. I was told this is the best way as it lets the product go in more deeply than using a needle. I was left with 2 marks on each side of my cheek that took a good few weeks to scab over and were still noticeable for months after. I guess my cheeks looked slightly fullers for a couple of months but were not sitting high enough for my liking.

8 months later (July '11) I went back to the same doctor (foolish I know) and was told that it will cost $250 less because I am getting it again. A canula was used again but later that evening blood started oozing out of the two holes in my cheeks. The holes eventually closed over, I didn't really notice much of a difference in my cheek size this time around. But now I have been left with two permanent "Lurch" marks on my cheeks. Two grey/bruised slightly raised marks on each side of my cheek. Just imagine "Lurch" from the Addams Family and that's me!

I have since seen a plastic surgeon and would rather spend $10,000 on cheek implants because at least they are permanent, I don't have to spend $2200 every year and the incision is done from the inside. Obviously my skin doesn't heal well and that's why I was left with these marks.

Also, 2mls in each cheek is barely even noticeable and I hate the fact that you can see it vanish before your eyes.

Dr. Braham Goldberg (Dr. Lanzer)

The doctor himself is very friendly but they have a habit of overbooiking there so I was left waiting DURING my procedure for half an hour! Would never go back and would never get filler in my cheeks again. The staff there are so rude, especially the nurses and the receptionists. They treated me like a criminal - kept the door open when I was waiting for the doctor and kept looking through the blinds in their office to make sure I wouldn't steal anything in there and they made it SO obvious as well! The receptionist is really unprofessional as well. When I was in the waiting room she started bitching to the other receptionist about a client who had just called up and made a booking.

Let me know if they are completely gone? I hate seeing these LURCH marks every day. And my surgeon agreed yesterday they were much darker then before!!! but of course he said his injections were perfect I am left looking like I'm in the Adams family.
I have had a similar experience with voluma!!! I had my injections on May 12th, and been trying arnica montana. PLEASE let me know if you found anything to work?????? ......I feel like Lurchs' sister!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there, this happened a very long time ago and they no longer exist so obviously it didn't last ;) It took a while from memory but I never went back to that doctor again. I have had voluma since elsewhere and have never experienced the same issue. Hope yours goes down soon!
Thank you. This means there is hope! Glad yours are just a faded memory now!!!!! :)
Marks from where the canula were inserted, left with 2 "hole looking" marks, slightly bruised, different colour to my actual skin, sort of a greyish bruised looking colour.

Can they fix them/make them go away?

-Britt

I went to a plastic surgeon and he told me that they might be permanent, he is not sure, he said I would have to wait first for all the filler to dissipate to see if the bruise looking marks fade, but he doubts it because the marks are actually from where the canula were both inserted (brownish/grey scars)

Hi mikidiki,

Oh my, lurch marks are not good at all. You mentioned you saw a different plastic surgeon, did they mention what the "lurch marks" were?

Thanks so much,