Cheek Filler with Juvederm - Melbourne, AU

Hi all, I recently had 1mil of Juvederm divided...

Hi all,

I recently had 1mil of Juvederm divided between both my cheeks to achieve a lift due to the small jowls l was getting and a little bit of volume that l had lost in the upper area near my nose section of the cheek. I'm 36 but always get 25 so the jowls were playing on my mind. My doc said that l can get the 1mil divided between cheeks and if l want more l can come back. I've learned from previous experience to try a little bit first and then decide to go more, after my botox scare in 2009 l was very fearful as to what may happen to me this time, (l have bridget jones syndrome so whatever can go wrong with me will) I need to say that the administration can be a little uncomfortable yet durable and the results are visible instantly yet the cheeks do get fuller within a few more days to a week after the procedure. Your cheeks will feel a tender for a few days and you may experience some sore sensations when you wake the next morning yet this subsides quickly. Now l need to share this with every body.. l have found that my facial structure looks different, cheeks are higher and under my cheek is a little more hollow like i'm very slightly sucking them in, not too much yet its slightly there. Please understand that it will make your face appear different and you may or may not like it, l find that l cant use much blush as it really makes my cheeks stand out thus changing my facial appearance more, so keep this in mind when thinking about getting this procedure. I believe that as we age we forget how baby faced we were and once those cheeks come back it looks different to what we are now used to yet in saying this l adore how l have no jowls and the fresher look it's given me :)) Do your homework when trying to find a doctor and only try a smaller amount first, i've read really bad reviews about other fillers yet i've always used Juvederm around my jowls and in my lips and have never had an issue. I will try and upload some pictures. My doctor told me that the trick is administration. She's very good at what she does and will make you very comfortable and explain everything that she is doing. She even took shots with her camera and showed me how and where the needles will be going and which part of my face will get fuller. She amazing!

pictures of my new jevederm cheeks

Its harder to see them in a picture yet I have posted a side on cheek pic that shows the hollow under my new cheek

pics

pics

If you look closely you can see the dark shadowing under my cheek filler, it gives me a more thinner longer facial appearance, plus the overkill in my top lip can be seen.

full face shot before filler

This picture of me shows a slight drop in my cheeks ( sorry for the pose ) its one of my selfies yet it shows my cheeks clearly without flash or other people around, it's before the filler was injected, It's lifted the area up greatly yet l have that definition in both sides under my cheeks now so my chin looks thinner almost longer and more square.
Dr Nafiye Gultekin

Your pics looks great I had 2ml on both cheeks yesterday how long you think I can see the difference
Hi, The difference will show more in a week or so, it fills up by itself to where it should be or should look like. Don't get more as it's going to fill up too much. If you don't like the look it takes time to go down. If you want it fuller drink a lot of water as the juverderm pulls water and holds on to it so the cheeks will look fuller and stay longer.
Cheeks look great for a great price also.
Wow...amazing difference!
Hi Pittsburgh, Mine is also voluma, l asked so yes it will last a while. I'm still not going to do it again as much as l love the fresh look, l feel so different, l look very young when l smile and my cheeks glow which l love yet when im not smiling the cheeks are still there so it's confusing. Maybe just a jowl filler would have been enough. Plus l did an overkill on my lips yet again so im trying to bring that down. I tend to do that even when im told not to. I love the look and think yep just a tiny bit more will look better and wham!! They're too big. Ahh l never learn. Have you tried the heat packs? It dissolves juvederm faster. If you apply it daily at night for an hour it should make a difference in the size after a few weeks. How about getting a little bit of dissolver injected? Find a good surgeon and give it a try. People that know your face well will notice a difference instantly, such as hair dressers or people that provide say eyebrow or waxing services. Difference is always harder to get used to, after all who knows your face better then you. Australia is beautiful, though l haven't seen a lot of it myself l honestly should do a nice Aussie tour. You should come for a holiday we have some of the nicest beaches here. If you love the wild life stay away from the cities then, you sound like me l love wildlife and we have a lot of outback, forest and wild life here, they can organise you a tour that will just focus on those areas. You'll love it.
Hi Neena, did you recover from the botoX eye sweswelling? I'm experiencing the same thing.. :(
Hi Weathergirl, l feel your pain :(( It took a good year to wear off and that's with the constant use of visine eye drops, if l have a few late nights it still comes back.. l wake with small puffy round eyes ( mine are armond shaped) and again l have to use the drops to make it go. Don't panic, it may not be like that for you im just super sensitive to everything. My lips fillers last years not months. Sleep slightly upright as in elevate your head a little, cut out salt from your diet, massage your upper eyes gently starting from the bridge of your nose up towards the brow arch ending at the end of your eye brow do this every morning and night making sure that you dont stretch the skin too much, it helps get rid of the fluid. Do it in one direction. Get your hands on visine and use it morning and night, trust me it helps. Be liberal with it as in dont just apply one drop her eye. I'm not a doctor and have been told not to over use but it's either that or puffy upper eyes.
Thanks for the reply neena. I, like you have a sensitive body. It was devastating to see my almond eyes shrink..I never thought that could be possible. My eyebrows are quite low and the skin between my eyebrows has sagged in the corner of my eyes making my eyes look farther apart.. puffyness is a nightmare. It's scary...cosine makes my eyes so dry :( been using artificial tears. I think that's helping. I have been using botox for years . I think now though I'll be quitting! Here's to a full recovery! Thanks for giving me hope. How long has it been for you since the botox? Have you tried it since?
I have to say that today looks like some progress is coming. My eyes are less puffy. Don't look as squinty.. i am trying to raise eyebrows to break this stuff down. Hope your having a fab day!
Hi Weathergirl, I think its been around 4-5 years since l had the botox nightmare. I never tried it again after that due to fear of it happening again. Although as l said l still get days where l wake with beady little round eyes, like today l went to bed last night at 2am and woke at 6am and yep! my eyes look small, swollen, round and beady. It's done permanent damage to my eye area so to look normal l need sleep. I do have small crows feet now only when l smile yet l purchased the derma wand 3 months ago and it has done wonders! l had small 11's starting, lines across my forehead as well as larger crows feet and they are all gone, just a few very fine hardly noticable lines around my eyes when l smile. That wand it a gods send, it's taken years off my face. I use it 15 minutes in the morning after l cleanse and moisturise and the same before bed. I get days where the urge to 'botox' my face kicks in yet l know the hell l went though and still experience so l stop myself. As l said get good sleep, cut out sallt, sleep elevated a little, use drops and massage around your eyes to remove the fluid because that's what it is a build up of fluid that the body can't get rid of due to the muscles not working properly. Dont let them con you into getting more to fix it because it will make it worse, it will go in time or get better as the months drag on. l had eyelash extensions added to the ends of my eye to make my eyes appear more catty when the botox was at its worse. Makeup also does wonders, use liquid liner ( revlon color stay) its super good and extend the eye out making it appear more armond shaped. I played around with makeup until l started to look like myself again.
Hi weather girl, Don't over use other muscles too much, it may give you more lines when it finally wears off, ive read posts of women doing that and it can make your face develop new lines in areas that didn't have any.
Hi Neena, Sorry for taking so long to reply. Was away.. I can completely understand not wanting to do it again. Once you have had an outcome like that, the likelihood of it happening again and worse is not worth the risk. I know there are some brave people on this site who have had botox again and have come out ok, while others even worse.. A few lines does not make someone any less beautiful. You are stunning and I can hardly imagine a few lines will change that. Unfortunately for me, I am on a second mishap. Fillers did harm for me, Left me with a long lip and nickered up nose.. Its been awhile, I don't see that magically coming back..I am saving my money for PS. I used to think oh well, at least I still have my eyes.. Now that's a mess lol You almost have to laugh about the misfortune at some point. I have heard good things about the derma wand. That's so awesome that its working out for you! I will give it a try when all the botox is out of my system, and good for you for not going back. Don't tempt fate twice. I haven't been asked for more botox. I'd be crazy to go back for more. I believe it will get better, and your right about the drag on part. Seems like a lifetime each day lol Thanks for the tips on the make up. I have been experimenting. Have a fab day!
Hi Neeena, glad to hear you were happy with your results...I recently had juvederm voluma in my upper cheek bone area as I was feeling a bit hollow/tired and drained looking and was hoping this would create some volume and get rid of my tired look. I am 43 and this was a first for me with fillers. Although I am happy with the results and that I do appear more refreshed I feel like my appearance is quite different. I found it interesting that you posted that it changed your appearance (the way you look) to some degree, and that others may find that they may or may not like this if they have Juvederm in the cheek area. I agree 100%. I feel like it did change the way I look to some degree, and that part I'm not sure I like. Although I feel like I look different, others that know I had this done don't. They just think I look refreshed, not as tired looking. It's strange that to me, my appearance seems different but to others it doesn't. I was wondering if this is how you felt too and if you wouldn't mind posting what others said after. Did they also feel your appearance changed to some degree or what was their reaction? You said you may post some pictures. If you wouldn't mind posting before and after pictures I would be curious to see how it turned out for you. I started doing a review of my experience too but haven't completed it yet. I would love to see some of your pics when and if you post. Overall I'm glad you are happy with your having it done! :) thanks for posting your experience, it helped me in understanding mine.
Hi Pittsburgh, Yes everybody can't see the difference in my face yet l only can. They say that l looked refreshed and my face appears tigher yet they don't see what l see in the mirror. As much as l love it my cheeks are higher and l look like im staring at a different woman in the mirror. I can notice small little hollows under my cheeks or should l say definition darkness that sits under the 'new cheek' which is kind of making me question if id do it again. I
Sorry l accidentally pressed post lol. My face was more rounder but the new cheeks make it look a different shape. Strange how only half a mil per side can ulter my appearance. I know exactly how you feel and l bet you keep looking in the mirror like me. Don't use blush at all as it will make it more noticeble and if you really don't like it add a heat pack to it over a period of a few weeks and keep it there, juvederm hates heat.. I did it once to my lips and it took it down a lot. Is it that you really don't like it or just that you can see a difference and it's bothering you? When did you have it done?
Hi Neeena - I had it done about 3 weeks ago. I went to a place called "the skin center". They were running a special that they told me about when I was there just having a light chemical peel since I had never even had that before, I wanted to try it. I felt like I was looking so tired all the time and like you my face has always been more round and full but because I'm thin and getting older I've lost a lot of the volume I had years ago and along with looking tired I looked hollow. Juvederm voluma was just FDA approved here in PA in December 2013, so the special was if you bought one syringe of voluma for $1200 you get one area of Botox free. I'd never had anything but a microdermabrasion years ago so I was excited. At my appointment the R.N. that did the procedure suggested that I get two syringes, she said one would really not be enough to notice any difference. I was nervous about spending $1200, and now I would be paying another $900, but she did say it would last approx 2 years. So I went for it and walked out paying a total of $2100. I agree with you completely, I just feel like the shape of my face is just "different". I feel like I do look more awake and refreshed for sure, but when I look in the mirror I don't see "me". It's so odd though that I am the only one that sees that part of it. I have a 17 year old son and if I came home looking "different" he would be the first one to say "what did you do to your face " lol !! Teenagers... My face to me looks more elongated or something. I was so happy to read your review because I felt exactly like you did but no one else seen any difference in my appearance, only said I looked more refreshed. After reading some posts by some of the doctors they do say sometimes when you have things like the cheeks done the whole picture should be taken into consideration and you might need a little filler by the temples so it evens things out. I'm thinking of going for a consult to get an opinion of an actual PS. I don't mind spending the extra money if overall it makes me feel better about myself. I've waited this long to even try something and I've read stories of others that were so happy they did it and there only regret was waiting so long to do something about their aging appearance. I'm curious if I am able to see any difference when you post your pics. I do know someone else that had this and she's actually a year older then I am and I fid notice something different about her appearance but in my opinion she looked better, younger. I don't feel that way about myself but who knows we are our own worse critic.
Hi Pittsburgh, I tried to upload some pictures last night but it lagged and only added my comment not the picture so l will try again. Yes l know what you mean by elongated, that's the perfect word to describe it, mine has gone from full round to longer and almost like my chin is thinner. It's a double ended knife where l love the fresh look yet am unsure of my new face shape. My sister noticed last night that l had cheekbones, she said '' oh you have cheek definition now l didn't notice that before, you look like you've lost weight in the face'' with my cheeks higher my lower part of my face looks thinner so someone has noticed it now, even my small amount of half a mil per cheek has made a change, it's hard to understand it, new fresh face that's different or would we prefer the jowls and more hollow cheeks, as l said it's a double ended knife. 2 years!! l didn't think it stayed in that long?? l thought it was 9 months at most, maybe im wrong. Jevederm also loves water so the more you hydrate the longer it stays in and swells in the face. I find that if l drink a lot of water my lips just pop out bigger over night and so will the cheeks. Be careful with trying to fix it as you may look even more different, speak to them before you go in to try it and get them to fully explain to you what it may do. Sometimes we can make things worse by fiddling with it. Try the heat pack trick.
Hi Everyone, this is my first post here. I had Juvederm filler to enhance my cheek bones and give me a refreshed look. I had this done 2 days ago. Unfortunately I have brusing, the filler is very lumpy and my eyes look sunken in with newly created wrinkles underneath that I didn't have previously. I am very nervous about this new look, it has drastically changed my appearance. My friends have asked why I look so tired! This was not the look I was expecting. Can anyone shed some light please? I had two syringes of juvederm, a quarter of each for marionette area and three quarters for each cheek bone.....I don't even look like myself and no longer have the youthful look I originally had. I am 47 and have always been told I looked late 30's. I don't feel good about what I have done or this look :(
Hi Neeena ...think someone posted their comment in your review by accident meaning to maybe post in the "ask a doctor" section of this site. Pretty crazy though because if you read it she says that the Juvederm changed her appearance and she's not happy with it. Now there's one more person that thinks this changed their appearance. Anyways, I wanted to message you to tell you that yesterday I went for my hair appointment and after my hair dresser shampoo'd my hair and we went back to her chair she looked at me in the mirror and said "did you have....and pointed to her forehead and cheeks. lol! I said "what"? She said, "you know, Botox, juvaderm, or something"? I could not believe it. I told her I did and asked her how she could tell...this was the first time since I had it done that someone noticed to that degree. She just said she noticed because she knows me from doing my hair for many years. Now I find I am even more self conscious that my appearance has changed ALOT. Like I said though when I tell others about my having it they don't think my appearance looks different but that I just look more awake, refreshed. I think I am gonna make the appointment at the PS and just see what she thinks about it and get a professional opinion. Honestly, I think one syringe would have been plenty to start, maybe then I wouldn't feel like my facial appearance is different. Not ever having it though I really didn't know what was necessary to make a difference, but in a good way. I also wanted to tell you that I'm pretty sure your right that the Juvederm XC does only last about 9 months. So you should be fine. I had the newest Juvederm, it's called "voluma", it is made by juvederm and is a thicker consistency then the Juvederm XC, that's why it's supposed to last two years and that's why it's so much more money then what you paid for your syringe. So if your wanting yours to be gone within the 9 months it probably will, especially if that's what your PS told you. From what I understand the "voluma" has been out in other countries for a longer period of time but in the states I think it's just been available since 2013 and really was just FDA approved here in December of 2013. You live in Austrailia? Lucky you! I would love to come there to visit some day, in fact I hope to within a year or two. Love the oceans there, and the animals. I'm really a wildlife fanatic, watch a lot of National Geographic and always watch documentaries of Australia and Africa. Would like to see both... Just gonna take a little planning since I don't know anyone from either place and don't know where is a nice area to go and stay, but travel agents I'm sure can help with that. If you have any suggestions please share, always better coming from someone that lives there. One more thing, I'm not sure how to private message on here but if you can get your photos uploaded rather then putting them on here you can always private message the before and after pics of your Juvederm and I will send you mine. I wouldn't mind getting an opinion from someone that's never seen me just to see really if you notice a difference or if it really just looks like I look more refreshed. I don't feel comfortable with having my pics on here, but I don't mind showing you my experience with it if it helps you or gives you some idea of the "Voluma" as opposed to Juvaderm XC, if there is a difference. Let me know I'm sure I can figure out how to do it. Well take care and I do hope you are still pretty happy with your experience. As for me...I'm still a little unsure. Especially after seeing this other persons comments on here with her experience.
Hi Neena, did your eyes go back after the botox nightmare? Experiencing similar .
Hi simple, Don't panic just yet, it sounds like your face is still swollen, l had that eye look as well until the swelling came down, wait until a few weeks and if you still don't like it they can dissolve the filler, it can be taken away. I had bruises and puffiness too and my eyes looked more hollow until it settled. Let me know how it's going.
Hi Neena, It's been 12 days now since I had the Juvederm for cheekbones and marionette lines and botox for frown, forehead and crows feet. I had botox in the past and love the results. You were right about the swelling and bruises. It is just about back to normal and I love my new refreshed look. Today I got several comments on how well rested and happy I look. At least now I know what to expect if I choose to do it again.