I Hope This is It!! - Media, PA

I had a rhinoplasty done by a surgeon in the...

I had a rhinoplasty done by a surgeon in the lehigh valley area about 2 years ago and lets just say I am far from happy with the results. I wish I would have done more research the first time around. After wasting so much time worrying about my nose and I finally found the strength to go on many consultations. I feel confident in the doctor I chose to help fix the issues with the appearance of my nose. The first doctor left me with an upturned nose, the left side of my tip is higher than the right, and there is a bump on the bridge of my nose. There also appears to be a dent in my nose, which is seen better in different types of lighting. My surgery is only a couple days away. I am soooo nervous and I am praying the second surgery is positive experience. I know it takes a lil longer for the swelling to go down after getting a revision rhinoplasty, so I plan to be patient and hope for the best.

Just had my revision rhinoplasty surgery yesterday...

Just had my revision rhinoplasty surgery yesterday. I feel that everything went well. The doctor said I had a lot of scar tissue and it was a bit challenging, but from what I see so far it is a big improvement than my last surgery. The doctor and staff at the surgical center were all great. My throat is really dry and my voice is a bit hoarse, so I'm drinking a lot of water and sucking on candy to help with the dryness. A little bit of tape on the tip of my nose above the stitches is sticking out on the right side of my nose, I'm not sure how it happened. I look forward to seeing the doctor tomorrow so he can see how my nose is healing. Wishing for a speedy recovery and a great outcome.

What a great experience. I highly recommend Dr....

What a great experience. I highly recommend Dr. Pontell to those of you that are considering a rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty. He is worth traveling to see!

For those of you that are curious as to how I am...

For those of you that are curious as to how I am doing 3 months post op, I must say I am still very happy w/my results. I had to cancel my appointments for post op visits with Dr. Pontell due to my work schedule, but I plan on going into in his office soon just to make sure everything is healing nicely. I don't foresee much more swelling to go down in my nose. I can breathe great and you would never know I had any issues with my nose in the past. My nose does not hurt any longer and I am not having any problems at all w/the appearance of it. I hope I can say the same months from now, and I'll make sure to keep you all updated :)
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Updated on 26 Jun 2012:I consulted with five reputable facial plastic surgeons in hopes to find someone who could fix the sloppy mess my first surgeon did to my nose. After consulting with Dr. Pontell, I knew right away that he could fix my nose. He is a true artist and great at what he does. He was great throughout the whole process and overall he is a kind man that takes interest in knowing his patients, rather than some doctors that don't spend much time with you. Although I'm a bit swollen, because the cast just came off, I can say that Dr. Pontell gave me my self- confidence back. I now have a nose that fits my face and looks like a nose I was born with.

That should say, glad your still happy! I'm seeing him very soon, got my consult scheduled. Ill update soon :)
Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! Still happy! I'm seeing doc soon :) Thanks
I remember reading your review before choosing Dr. Pontell. Very helpful & I'm glad you're still happy with your results after a few months. I hope mine continues to improve :)
Hi Cbus. I totally understand how you feel. I am still very happy w/my results and at this point I don't believe there is much swelling left. Dr. Pontell fixed all the problem areas and he made a huge improvement in the appearance of my nose. You will be fine. Ask him all the questions you need to and review all of his work. I was so consumed w/thinking about my nose, so I took a leap of faith and put my trust in Pontell and he did not disappoint. He is a great doc. Goodluck!
Lele- thank you for taking the time to respond! I know exactly how you felt, and I want to not have my life consumed by this anymore. I deserve that and so does my family :-). I will update after my consult.
TY
I'm going for a revision consult with him next week. Would love to know how your still doing and how your feeling. I'm so nervous to trust someone else.
Hey philadelphia4440 :) I'm very happy with the way my nose turned out and understand all the emotions your going through. You picked a great doctor to work on you. You will get through it just fine and if you have any questions after, he is really good at answering them as soon as he can. Keep me informed on how your procedure goes. I'm sure you will be very satisfied.
How is it going Lele? I too chose Dr Pontell in A few weeks, I am having my rhinoplasty procedure. I am so nervous, anxious, excited, scared. I ave full faith in Dr. Pontell however. If anyone an do it, he can. The photos on his site do him no justice. The ones in his office is just pure art!
Thanks Faith. I'm feeling better. My nose is a bit sore and swollen, but I'm happy with my nose. It took a lot of courage and trust to have another surgeon work on my nose, so thank you for your compliment :)
How you feeling lele? I hope you're thrilled with the results....please keep us posted. You're brave to go through this again but of course will be totally worth it if you love the results. Best wishes.

It sounds like you did your research this time! I hope your doctor is a revision rhinoplasty/facial plastic surgeon, yes? This will make a big difference in how you feel about your results. Sorry it didn't go as you'd hoped the first time. Fingers and toes crossed that you're thrilled with this surgery!

Yeah, he said he did a lot of revisions and is a facial plastic surgeon, so hopefully everything will go ok. Thanks! I have my fingers and crossed crossed too.