Those "Rare" Side Effects Can Happen! - Maryland

I recently got botox for the first time-LOVE! I...

I recently got botox for the first time-LOVE! I next wanted to try out fillers for my tear troughs. I abstained from all usual bleeding/bruising culprits for over a week before (ASA, ibuprofen, vit E...). The doctor used numbing cream and iced the area before getting started. She did warn me that the eye area is very vascular and hitting a vessel was a risk. She injected me w/ one syringe which was enough to do my tear troughs and n/l folds as well as one tiny horozontal wrinkle on the bridge of my nose (the ONLY wrinkle I still have on the upper part of my face post botox!)Well, she hit a vessel. I looked kind of bruised and slightly swollen right after but I was able to cover it up pretty well before my 12 hour shift. By the end of my shift I looked terrible and the horror has increased each day for the past 4 days as I have developed an ugly hematoma underneath my eye.

Maybe it will all be worth it in a few weeks but right now, I look like a freak/ battered woman and I get stares everywhere I go! Anyone else have this kind of experience? Also, my "good" eye has a small, soft lump that I can't tell if is temporary swelling or filler. How can I tell?

Did this ever heal? I had my eyes done 12 days ago, and although my bruise is much smaller than this, it isn't healing! I am terrified. I too have had a weird shooting pain on one side! I can't believe how scary this can be for some. I love the look, other than the stupid black eye. I'm just scared the bruise will never heal, and it will become a hermosiden stain! AHHH Kaytee1, how long did it take for your friends bruise to go away?
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I had my eys done not one bruise but a friend, same doc, looked pretty much like you after she had it done. It WILL get better! I had my lips done too though and wow terrible bruising and I had two events to go to. Looked like I had a mustache. Did you take arnica ahead of time?

OMG I'm sorry to hear that happened!  Is it getting better now?

I hope that your eye gets better very soon and that everything will at least go back to normal.

Good to remember that everyone has a chance of being that 1 in a thousand or whatever the official stats are.

Hi ash,

Oh my! In this case a picture really says a thousand words. I hope it does get better in a few weeks. Please, please keep us updated.

-Britt

I did had injection to my tear troughs, $475.00 + $140.00 office visit/consultation fee. I had it done yesterday, today, some bruising and the where the neddle marks are still red. I looked like I have double bags... lumps and all, hopefully, they will go away in few more days, otherwise, I will not be happy..

On 8/22 I had Juvederm injected right below my checks bones to "increase fat" and "reduce sagging skin." I have a Juvederm injected closer to my lip area several times over the past few years--on my luch hour. This time I went to a Greystone in Hickory NC. Hargrove did the injections. I do not have my cable to dwnload pictures, but trust me I looked like a monster for two weeks. My family doctor feels that he injected a nerve. One month later I still have no feeling on the left side of my face. My face is still misshaped. I still have ablack eye. With nerve damage comes intense pain that is not treatable with pain meds. My left side of nose is block-no air flow! I have a constant headache. Was it worth it? %&@ NO. Please think before having this temp fix done. I would gladly take my extra lines back on my face in return for being able to kiss my new husband with lips that were not numb and feel his touch on my face. Oh did I mention that this was three weeks before my wedding?

My eye continued to swell for two weeks before it stopped. Thirty days later still dumb, black eye, shooting pains, stopped up nose, headache. I do hope that you are doing well. Just left my family doctor's office he told me that there is a chance that the nerve damage may be perm. I am so upset with myself that I decided to have this procedure. NOT WORTH IT!
Meant NUMB not DUMB. LOL