Increase Cheekbones and Reduce Labionasal Folds Through Injections - Marseille, France

I have always had very a poorly defined...

I have always had very a poorly defined bone-structure which made my cheeks look a bit puffy and saggy even when I was younger (I'm now 37 y.o.). I've never liked that, preferring more angular and tonic faces with bigger cheek-bones, like some slavians, oriental or black people have. I thought that cheek implants could be the safest and more effective way to correct this but the three surgeons I met discouraged me from doing that. Mid-face lift (the one invented by Docteur Le Louarn) sounded too hazardous. I chose to do some voluma injections in my cheekbones and some hyaluronic acid in the nasolabial folds. The day after I just looked like a hamster. The surgeon hadn't told me that the swelling due to the injection could make me look like that at firt. I panicked. Now, two days later, I hope there's still some traumatic swelling due to injection (and not to the product) that might get reabsorbed. I'm not satisfied at all with the result. I don't exactly know if it's because of Voluma being injected to low or migrating downards, or if it's because of the hyaluronic acide injected in the nasiolabial folds but i look swollen, puffy, cheeky and that's almost the opposite of what my goal was. I don't look any better, or any younger, or any healthier and more tonic, I just look fatter and swollen and puffy. As this stuff is supposed to live up to 18 months, I guess it will gradually dissolve making my looks some better month by moth. It's not exactly a disaster as I might think at first, I'm not disfigured and people don't throw strange looks at me, but I look uglier than before. I'm quite suprised, I had told that to my surgeon that I didn't mind coming a second time and pay more, and that the most important thing for me was to inject very little amount of the product in order to avoid any correction that would be too big. I'm quite distressed thinking that I run the risk to inject this alien stuff into my body for such a poor result that might last up to 18 months. It's not so disfiguring as to think of using hyaluodase though, too many people had a bad experience with it. My doctor had warned me about that, he seemed to be a very conservative one, that's why I trusted him.

Ok, so the swelling seemingly was due the...

Ok, so the swelling seemingly was due the traumatic passage of the canular needle through my skin more than to a reaction to Voluma.

One year before, I had already had some hyaluronic acid injections in my tear through (a product made in France called Stylage, that doesn't seem to be very "famous" and injected by a dermatologist) to fill them a bit and I had had just a little swelling and bruising so I didn't expect to see my face swollen like a hamster's.

I think my surgeon should have warned me, I spent two days feeling horrible, thinking I was going to be disfigured for at least one month.

Still I'm not satisfied, I have very little volume on my cheekbones and still too much on my lower cheeks, thus enhancing my natural defaults. It's pretty slight though, and not disfiguring at all. Just not satisfactory for the price paid.
Also, where my tear through were, I've been having since a sort of "malar pocket" (as my surgeon called it). It's not as ugly as the tear through I had before but still doesn't look very nice :-(
I expected this injections to fill up this slightly hollows that cast a shadow but it seems they cannot be filled and I really wonder why ! It's like there no product could stay and fill it up !

A few days have passed and I still feel my lower cheeks like if they were irritated inside, specially after sleeping, but nothing too worrying or bothersome.

In four months, I'll go back to see my doctor for some botox injections (I'm very satisfied with) and we will discuss the matter. Maybe we didn't understand each other on the result I was expecting. I'm also going to ask him why there's seemingly nothing that can be done about these "malar bags" under my eyes.

5 days later : In the morning, when I wake up,...

5 days later :
In the morning, when I wake up, still this itching feeling, well not exactly itching, but this feeling that I've got a sort of irritation under my skin, in the flesh of my cheeks. It's not an impression I'm not sure of, it's there !
It makes me worry a bit... Then during the day it's ok.

Also, I have a dark pigmented bruising under my right eye. The first injections I had done one year ago in my tear through also had cause a slight bruising that hadn't gone. My dermatologist said that it was just a shadow cast by a skin depression but it was not.
The proof is that this second injection seemignly worsened it.
It's not horrible, but I can see it.
Also I'm a man, and some roughness in my skin texture is more tolerable.
Though, if any time I have something injected in this area I get a permanent bruising and hyper-pigmentation as a result, I'll end up having black-circled eyes !

Honestly, I think that I will switch to some surgical procedure... I prefer to know that i run some specific risks right after a surgical procedure then not knowing what might happen in one, two... or six months...

I had the fillers injected on Friday. On Friday night and Saturday I was quite disfigured, and in panic. On Sunday I sent my surgeon an email telling him that i was disfigured, that he had put too much product, and so on. He replied to me right away (on a non-working day, which was pretty nice of him) telling him that it was not possible that I could go on looking like an hamster, that the swelling was certainly traumatic and not due to the hyaluronic acid and that I should wait a bit and see and eventually put some ice on my cheeks. I'm waiting for the final effect to show up, then I'll take some pictures and send them over to him in order to let him see why I'm not really satisfied with the result.