Post Op Rhinoplasty - Swelling after Splint Removed (Manila, Philippines)

I'm from the US and I had rhinoplasty with...

I'm from the US and I had rhinoplasty with Gore-tex procedure done 8 days ago in Manila with a well-known and pretty successful group of plastic surgeons. I just had my splint removed earlier today and I was horrified at the swelling. My original nose had bulbous round tip and the sides were very wide (fat-looking when I smiled). After the splint came off, the sides of my nose looked great because it looks smaller and they maintained a similar shape from my original nose. Quarter view, side view and top view is the worst. They fractured my bone because they said it was very wide and also said that my bridge started too low below my eyes. They implanted Gore-tex and raised my bridge by 2-4mm.

Doctor notes before surgery:
Focus of the surgery will be on the nasal tip, to defat as much as surrounding soft tissues and increase nasal tip projection using strong cartilage harvested from the nasal septum and part of the ear cartilage. Narrowing of the nasal bone is also advised. The height of the nose should be increased by around 2-4mm using soft gore-tex. I don’t recommend on foregoing the implant as this will cause disproportion and misdraping of the nasal skin. Lastly correction of the hanging alae will be complimentary to the new nasal tip.

When my nose was revealed today, it looked longer and the tip looks really round. I look like a witch right now. My doctor says swelling should subside within 2-3 weeks, but I wonder if there is anything I can do to help it heal faster? It looks really bad.

It's been 13 days after surgery and it seems like...

It's been 13 days after surgery and it seems like it's swelling is going down a bit. It still looks awful from the side views, but I have hope!

It's been 5 weeks post op and I'm starting to love...

It's been 5 weeks post op and I'm starting to love my new nose. It's still a bit swollen and numb at the tip, but I was told that I might have to wait 6-12 months for it to take its true shape. My upper lip is still stiff and I'm scared to open my mouth to wide. I posted more pics.

15 weeks post op

It's been almost 15 weeks now and my nose is SLOWLY getting softer. Still swollen and hard at the tip, but slowly becoming more flexible over time. Upper lip isn't as stiff anymore and I'm able to smile as wide as I want. :D

No one notices in person unless I point it out, but my nose is still a little bit crooked from when they took the cast off. I don't think that's going to go away even after the swelling (but who knows, we will see over time).

6 months post op

It's been 6 months now and my nose is just a little stiff at the tip when i scrunch it. Still feels like there's something foreign in there (the goretex). It doesn't bother me at all, but I wonder if that feeling will ever go away. I had a facial a little over a month ago because I desperately needed to get my blackheads extracted (especially around me nose area). I was scared to at first and not sure if it was a good idea, but it seemed fine afterwards. It was a little sensitive, so I may need to tell my esthetician to be a little more gentle next time. Anyone know of any safer solutions? I tried using just Boscia strips and masks, but I needed deeper cleansing because I started to break out. I can't wait a year to get a facial. :(

I just updated new pictures. If you look, you can tell that my nose is still crooked, making one of my alar sides look smaller than the other. I doubt at this point that that will go away.

Overall, still pretty happy with it other than the fact that it's crooked.

oops, more pics

About 27 weeks post op

Learning how to pose with angles in pictures because of my slightly crooked nose. Haha!

I just got over a cold. I've been pretty healthy and I haven't gotten this sick since last year. I became very congested and I let my nose run because I was scared to blow my nose too hard. I started to get annoyed with it so I tried blowing my nose a little harder each time and it seemed okay. Nose still feels like there's something foreign in it, but it's completely flexible now! Before I was terrified it would rip if I stretched it, but not anymore. Progress!

I don't know if this helps...

the picture is really bad quality, but here's a picture of me right after my cast was removed. really embarrassing - swelling at its worst, no make up, and just awful.
Shimmian Manila: Dr. Levi Lansangan + Dr. Mark Fernandez