Starting the Process - LBL/Butt Aug- East Coast

Hello All, Just wanted to write a quick note to...

Hello All,

Just wanted to write a quick note to start recording my experiences. I'm 33 and recently lost 100 POUNDS. I've been thinking of this for quite some time (the TT and BBL) and Im finally transitioning from stalking this site to taking action.

I'll be doing some consultations later this week in LA with the following Drs:
Dr Hughes
Dr Bruno
Dr Dass
Dr J
and one other Dr I probably wont go with but using as a test run.

In December I'll be doing some consults with some Baltimore area doctors since I'm visiting family. I live in the midwest (Ohio) and I haven't found a doctor whose results are worth doing a consult.

I'll keep you posted thru the selection process and post surgery (if possible). I'm looking to get the surgery done in Dec 2014. Seems like a long time out but I am a project manager by trade - so I'll use my work experience and treat this as my own little "project" FOR ME :)

UPDATE LA Round Done

Hello Ladies,

Needless to say my first round of consult was enlightening. Think of it as having a series of blind dates. You'll get some crazies and assholes and somewhere in there you will find a prince. I saw a variety of surgeons with different specialties. Since I lost 100 pounds there will be no BBL for me simply because I dont have enough fat - which is okay with me. I'll be doing surgery in 2 phases - one will be a lower body lift and the second a butt implant.

Dr. Bruno - nice guy cold but beautiful office. I didn't feel he had enough experience in the lower body lift.

"Dr. S" I will call him. Really arrogant offering me things I didn't want. He specializes in weight lost patient plastic surgery.

Dr Hughes - I met him right after surgery. I know he is hard working but didn't really know what was on his scrubs. Didn't like the coordinator Heidi - she seemed too used car salesmanly for me and didn't provide any specifics.

Dr Dass - Love him, the office and Leslie. He has a perfect blend of experiences and I asked some questions that the other docters glossed over. HE actually told me the really reallys. Liked the fact he trained in Kansas City where the Lockwood lower body procedure was invented.

I will probably go with Dr. Dass in LA however I do have some consults in the Baltimore area and then decide around Christmas.

Washington DC/Baltimore Consults

Hello Ladies,

I know I've been MIA but wanted to followup on the second round of consults with:
Dr Joseph Micheal
Dr Douglas Foreman
Dr Shurieh

I have to say that I was way more impresses with these doctors than the ones in LA. They spent way more time with me (but waiting for the docter took longer).

They are all awesome as well as their staff. Dr Joseph Foreman has a fellowship in body conturing after weight loss (which is rare to find). This visit with him seemed like I was talking to a friend about the weight loss process itself versus the procedures. He has a small solo practice and really educates you on the rationale of the techniques vs just the results. Dr Douglas Foreman has a Ivy league education but a golden heart. He really cared about me and how I would fare in the aftercare strategy. Dr Shureih is a very detailed person. I spent 3 hours with him and 1 hour was just looking at my body!! We spent the next 2 hours going in details the procedures that could give me the desired results and the risks associated with each. He is well established and respected and is doing some cutting edge stuff - especially with the booty!! One of his procedures for butt augumentation is a fat dermis - inserting the fat and skin from a tummy tuck into the buttucks versus a implant. He is the only docter in the US doing this.

So I have great hopes for 2014!! Im really leaning towards Dr Shureih right now. I've decided to think it over over Christmas. I do know one thing though - Im not going to LA for this procedure.

Doing research on getting a caregiver after surgery

I know, I know - I plan on getting this surgery late Aug/Sept 2014 but I wanted to get a jump on estimates for a caregiver after surgery. I found some sites where caregivers post jobs and wanted to share in case others ave the same need. These are nation wide:
1. www.sittercity.com -> this site has some CNA for 1200-1500 a month. Thats a awesome price to have someone assist with meals, cleaning, errands and whatnot
2. http://www.caringly.com/ -> another site that doesn't offer monthly rates but they have do have daily rates
3. http://www.seniorcarecompass.com/ -> even though this is for seniors they also have CNAs. You have to register to see the details and I'd rather wait a while to do so

I'll probably start contacting people late June or early July. Does anymore have any guidance on what to ask when I start scheduling interviews?

Right now I'm focusing on quitting smoking and saving money. I already have cash on hand for my deposit but wanted to pay for my accommodations and schedule my surgery after I haven't had a cigarette for 2 months (late feb/ early march).

I plan on staying for 2 months since I can work anywhere with internet access. I figure I should be ok on my own after 3 weeks to a month.

Happy New Years -Day 1 of not smoking down!!

So yesterday I went without any cigs with no problem. It was easier than I expected but that may be due to still being off for the holidays (ie no stress) and I also have bronchitis :(

I am using the nicotine gum to ease off my bad habit and hopefully can be off that in around 2 months. In the meantime Im writing down a list of questions to email Dr Shureih.

As a positive reinforcement to kick the habit I have 2 benchmarks for myself:
1. Wont sent the email of questions out until one week of not smoking cigs
2. Wont sent in my deposit for surgery until I haven't smoked in 2 months (late Feb/early March)

I highly recommend a book called, "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking", by Allen Carr. I bought it thru Amazon- both hard copy and kindle versions. Lol. I was a smoker for about 28 yrs of my life and this truly was EASY. I'm sure you're aware of all the horrible things that can happen for smokers having this surgery- poor wound healing. Skin necrosis, delayed healing, wounds opening up, worse scarring, more surgical complications. The list goes on! But I'm not kidding, this book did it for me. Even if you haven't "cheated", you owe it to yourself to get the book if you have any cravings at all. Other than that- and truly NOT lecturing... I've been there too long myself. But wish you a great surgery and uncomplicated healing!
You are just doing the BBL right? I think you will easily be fine by the end of the first week. Of course, you can plan for three weeks and always need less. Check in detail on some of the Caregivers. Some that I looked at in LA; 1) required total payment, and didn't give refunds, only a "credit"-( which would useless). 2) make sure they can "ramp up services" as you need them. I started thinking I would only need ONE person for a 24 hr shift, but as it turned out-- I added a second person on days #2 and 3...so make sure they have that kinda of flexibility for your best recovery. :0)
Im doing a lower body lift with butt augmentation. I dont have any fat to suck out since I lost 100 pounds so I can't do a BBL. For the butt aug they will take the extra skin from my tummy ( call a fat dermis graph) and lower back ( butt flap augmentation) to my buttucks. So I know I'll def need some nursing 24/7 for at least 3 weeks to a month. Thanks for the details about the payments thats good to know.
Congrats on ur weight loss! And on ur consults and narrowing down ur potential doc. His butt aug technique sounds intriguing.
Thanks!! I couldn't do a BBL since I dont have any fat to lipo so I'm gong to opt to use my extra skin on my tummy to accomplish the same effect. We shall see...
Congratulations on your weight loss and subsequent decision to undergo a LBL. I also lost 100 lbs and had a LBL as well...I can honestly say having the surgery was the best decision I have ever made! You did the hard work by losing the weight, now it's time for you to love the skin you are in!
Your post is an inspiration!! I can only hope my results are like yours.
I travel for my surgery, too. I just could not imagine going to anyone other than my surgeon, so it is worth the trip. I am glad that you kept looking until you found the right surgeon for you -- and that you did not limit yourself geographically. Good luck!
Ahh-that's do funny/kinda like "crazy blind dates-"--lol! But there is a lot if info to juggle for sure. The most important issue is that you feel comfortable wherever you go.--what are you looking at for a date ??
looking at late aug or sept 2014
This seems to be the window of time that I will have also to have my LBL. Had planned on doing it earlier, then my daughter decided to have a baby so I have to plan around that event and make sure I am healed enough to be a help, so I decided to wait until the fall....in the meantime I am planning a long cruise to mentally prepare...lol
Life sucks! Hahaha. I'd shoot for LATE Sept. at the earliest. Too damn hot in AZ for those compression garments. ;)
wow we may be LBL twins :) I don't know what to do to mentally prepare except to read as much as I can, ask my surgeon tons of questions and start my list of needed items. I wont schedule my surgery until the end of Feb for 2 reasons: 1. Stop smoking 2. Really think about my consults to ensure I chose the right doctor.
Wow these consults sound promising. I commend you for taking the time to go on these consultations & doing diligent research instead if just jumping on a dr wagon. I'm sure you'll choose the right dr for you. Btw I'm very intrigued by the fat dermis...
Me too...I plan on getting the surgery around late Aug or early Sept
That's good time do you can prepare financially, physically & emotionally. Good luck and keep us updated.
I had three consults scheduled in the LA area for the same procedures a couple of months ago. I know what you mean about some assholes and crazies! My first consult was with Dr. Hovsepian. I think he's probably a good surgeon for what he does. After my consult, I came to the realization that he probably specializes in his brand of lipo, and picks patients that will benefit from that. My issue is much more skin issues than fat. But that doc? He arrogantly told me to do squats, lunges and endermologie treatments! This was after a few years of squats & lunges (insanity workout, for one). I left his office $200 poorer, in tears, and feeling my body was so bad it was beyond hope. I was to go from that appt to Dr. Hughs' office for my next consult, but was a mess, emotionally speaking. I blew it off, but wish I'd kept it. Had I known about Dr. Katzen, I'd have definitely gone to him for a consult. Anyway, long story, but I kept the appt I'd made for the following morning in Marina del Rey and really liked the surgeon (he helped train my surgeon that did my mommy makeover). I had another here in AZ, and a sort of virtual consult with my chosen surgeon in FL. So I totally agree with the idea of consulting many surgeons - even if it means surgery and recovery elsewhere. :) But I agree with AZDee that you should consult with Dr. Katzen, too. If he's as good as I've heard here and seen on his website, I'd have probably one with him, myself. No regrets with my own choice, but LA is so much closer to home for me. That part would have been much easier. Keep us posted! Good luck with making your decision.
I hate that doctors turn to insults when they dont have the experience needed. Sorry to hear that. I do full body heavy lifting 3x a week so I understand your frustration about the squats comment.
Thanks for understanding! I think that's right- some are just assholes. Geez- just be honest about what you do and don't do. Why resort to insults?!
So who did you end up going with.
I still havent decided yet...got some consults in baltimote near family
I also am shopping for a LBL, I had a wonderful consult with Dr Katzen in Beverly Hills, Even if you are using another surgeon, it's worth your time to visit his website and view a TLC show he did a couple of years ago showing 2 lower body lifts, a man and a woman, I've watched it 3 times now...I could practically do one of surgeries myself (just kidding of course) but I like to know exactly what is going to happen. I so enjoyed my consult with him, he sent in for insurance approval, in the slight chance they approve some of it, I'm there!!! I wish finances were not a consideration but for me they are...
Hey cosmic I think Dr. Hughes and Dr. Dass are both excellent choices. You probably met Dr. Hughes after my surgery lol. I can recommend you to really take your time. You still have plenty of time to decide and no need to rush choosing a surgeon.
I am a little anal. But hey I use to to get paid :) I like Dr Hughes but that Heidi seems a little shady. For now I'm leaning towards Dr Dass but will prob think about it for a couple of months at least. Now I know what ppl are saying about being an emotional ride!!
I know I didn't like her either. When I went back I dealt with Adam, never dealt with her again. It sure it but things will fall into place and you'll make the right decision if you take your time.