Haven't Gone for Surgery Yet - Long Island, NY

I struggle with my appearance every day, I am 18...

I struggle with my appearance every day, I am 18 yet I have the features of an elderly woman with a big shnozzz. I plan to go for a rhinoplasty & then fat grafting for the face. Looking for a good surgeon on long island, I have 4,500 saved up towards my rhinoplasty so far. Any suggestions would help tremendously

hi

hi againnnnnnn :)

I know you guys are saying i don't really need surgery & awfully sweet but i really do have these issues . & maybe these picture will show you more of what I'm talking about. I'm really excited to start searching. Does anybody know how much you should save up before consulting with a doctor?

dsjhfs

So I have 5,000 saved up now & its just tough working on min. wage but I will wait because I want this more than anything. I hope everyone is doing well on here, have been doing my research & I am in love with reading all of your stories :) You guys make me realize that there is still hope to love your appearance, despite mean judgmental people.

Haii all ^.^

Hit the 6300 mark can someone tell me what a decent price to spend on this because I've seen the price varies , I'm in ny & it seems so much more expensive here but it doesn't seem like the work is that much better quality. Please no mean feed back :/

Almost there!!

Second life startingg noww

Have 8 grand so far I actually almost passed away 2 weeks ago had to have a gastrectomy because I had a huge ulcer, my stomach perforated, & my artery ruptured. I had to have over 8 blood transfusions. It's been tough regaining my strength. I feel like I owe it to myself just to do something for me for a change, I spent my Christmas in the hospital with no presents I think this should be my gift to myself. Once I save up a bit more that is :) good news I'm not nervous about anesthesia anymore being that I was forced to be put under it to save my life. I hope everyone else's Christmas was wonderful & they all got to spend it with loved ones. I still obsess over reading all of your reviews & it gives me so much hope & insight. So anyway I'm just babbling on now but I'm starting school soon so it's gonna be a little harder to save money but I'm hoping once I'm done recovering I will get back to being my ambitious self. God bless everyone^.^

=)

Blub

Don't take a wrong way but your simulation of your new nose looks unnatural and does not fit your face.
Well I guess I like the look of "fake" noses
You are just stunning! Already. Sorry to hear about your recently medical emergency make sure you take the time to recover from all of that. I'm 6 months post op, from my rhinoplasty and don't regret it but in my case I had a really big bump in the middle of my nose from a fall I had when I was much younger. I agree with kitty below your so pretty either way good luck with starting school too.
Thank youu so much :) I'm glad you are happy with your end result that's awesome!
whatever you choose to do you are gorgeous either way. i had rhinoplasty done and ive had so many issues with my nose. ive had mine worked on 3x all by the same surgeon. im in the process of trying to find a good surgeon to work on it for a 4th time and fix the original surgeons mistakes.
You're gorgeous too! & ugh I definitely worry about that. Have you seen anyone about revision?
Aw thanks. Havent talked to anyone else as of yet but have a few surgeons in mind that I would like to set up a consult with.
I'm so sorry to hear that that happened to you…I hope you feel better soon
your nose looks perfect! please don't do anything to it!
i hate nosejobs and i hate most doctors. trust me ive been there. nose job may seem so easy and a great change but its not.
Oh good... I am glad to see you came to your senses with your advice. I had just commented on your comment from a while back about how even though your nose still isn't perfect, a revision is no big deal. See newselfinthemaking? This is someone who encouraged you not long ago. I know you went through a lot with your emergency surgery. Glad you made it out. I know when something like that happens people see how life is too short and think "wow, I should do whatever I want, I'm not promised tomorrow". My situation may not be yours. You may be thrilled if you go through with it. What I do have, is hindsight... regret, too... but hindsight more importantly. Even befor I broke my nose, which led me to finally do a surgery, I never loved it and jad always said I would get one in my insecure moments. Money came and went several times- I had many chances to do it, but I had people say I was pretty, had boyfriends, had people look at me like I was crazy for wanting a bump removed, they didn't see it. Even when I broke it, people didn't see it either, at least they could not identify it right away. I didn't want a traumatic memory left on my face, that was my deciding thought. In fact, I found myself wanting to look just like me before breaking it. Even now, looking at pics before I broke it, only after surgery did I realize how perfect for my face my nose truly was. Myself and presumably my surgeon had realistic expectations, and it didn't work out that day. So bad it is for me, that I wish my broken nose back because it was more "me" than this. When you go through something and it comes out bad, or just different and not great, you'll have a whole different epiphany than "life is too short not to do it". You might have one closer to "life is too short for me to have let something like that rule my life and define me." I must say, if you think it is on your mind constantly now, it will be even more so if it doesn't go right. I am not going to say you should not do it. I am just saying, really try to live it for a little bit. Try to live a botched nose job in tour mind, even though your imagination can't truly capture the real pain, and really think if you would then feel it was worth a shot for such a samll (non-existent to most of us) percieved flaw. It may seem simple due to the fact that it is such a slight perceived imperfection, but whatever you are seeing is a natural imperfection. That is why nobody is noticing it. They will notice surgical imperfections, especially if they know you are having your nose done. They don't look at your nose now but they won't be able but help scrutinize it to see how well your surgery went. The finesse jobs can be the most difficult because it is not a clear cut hump to be shaved. Everything has to be considered in this and it is far more complex than you are realizing. Mine was just a finesse job and my whole face, and life changed for the worse. You don't want to join me, so just really think about it. People very obsessed with a slight imperfections have less of a chance of being happy after, from what I have observed. I also think so many close up selfies in crap lighting are the worst thingnpeople can do to torment themselves into thinking they need surgery. You will NEVER take an accurate photo at arm's length! The camera phone is one of the worst inventions for people who are overly insecure of their looks.
I'm not getting it done anytime soon I have my priorities straight don't worry school & work is number one. I totally understand where all of you are coming from being that I have not experienced what you've experienced & I'm extremely sorry that surgery has done these sort of things to people sometimes. I worry about that constantly too. But honestly I don't care about other peoples judgement it's always just been something with myself, I always loved the look of dainty little noses on women. I am not trying to please anyone but myself. I really hope that one day you find happiness in your appearance also because I guarantee you're still a pretty girl :)
listen i read some horror stories online but that didnt stop me for having surgery. so i underdtand you. and also i am sure if i posted my pre op photos here people would leave the same comments as they are to you. but your nose is not that great and if it bothers u this much i can understand ur desicion. just mke sure you choose a top doctor
Finally someone tells me the truth thank you! I have an ugly nose.
You don't have an ugly nose this poster needs to change her eye glasses or she wants someone else fell horrible about herself besides herself. Sad that someone would say that to someone who truly has a nice nose and facial features.
Thank you >.
God her nose isnt that great doesnt mean she has an ugly nose. she is a beautiful girl still . im starting to think that she made this thread for attention and she wont even have a nosejob anyway.
I didn't make this thread for attention, I did for advice & to research what surgeons are the best & others experiences. Who are you to make such an assumption , plenty of people put up before pictures while they are still looking for the right doctor. It's so silly how some people like to bicker on this site.
It's like you can't do something without someone getting mad it makes me sorry to even share my experience or feelings. Maybe I'll just take it down & continue on with my journey without a profile since it causes nothing but issues:/
well then dont be childish and say finally i have an igly nose. clearly i didnt insult your nose in my main comment. its just weird how you responded to it. we are all trying to help you and i am trying to see this from your shoes . as ive been there.
You said it's not that great, so you see that there are things wrong with it also . I view it as ugly. It's not like I was using sarcasm I was happy someone actually felt somewhat like me about my nose instead of making me feel like a delusional crazy person lol.
Don't touch your face, your nose looks good and it fits your face. Rhinoplasty is the most unpredictable surgery and there are no guarantees. Its a gamble and a life time change that cannot ever be reversed. I went to get my nose done because I had it broken really badly and needed it fixed but after my surgery I wished to have my broken nose back. If I knew than what I know now I would probably not rush into fixing my nose and do more research. But before I broke my nose I had a little bump that most people could not tell and I loved everything about my features including my nose. Now, I don't even look the same. You are a very pretty girl who doesn't need any make over, listen to your gut, listen to people that have had experience and leave your nose alone. You are beautiful the way you are!
I'm really sorry that happened to you:/ I'm sure you are still beautiful . I definitely worry that could happen & I've been trying to research my hardest. Thank you for your advice I take into consideration what everyone says. & thank you for your kind words I wish I could believe them but sadly I'm not beautiful.
You are beautiful and your nose fits your face. Don't touch it.