Rhinoplasty for Hump, Upturned Nose and Excessive Columella Showing/large Nostrils – London, UK

Hey, I'm S and I am 21 years old. I have always...

Hey, I'm S and I am 21 years old. I have always hated my nose and even though a lot of my friends say there's nothing wrong with it, I see everything wrong with it. First of all, it has a bump from the side and while that's not a huge hump, the thing that bothers me the most is how much my nostrils are showing. It's ridiculous, you can see inside my nose at all angles and they are large. My columella sticks down very low plus my nose is just upturned overall.
I have been looking for a suitable surgeon and haven't found one without bad reviews as well. A good friend of mine that is a plastic surgeon as well recommended dr. Stefan Gonschior with MYA clinic.
I went in for a consultation and he was very friendly and reassuring and also didn't seem to push me into having it done. It will be an open rhinoplasty and he asked for the liberty of deciding whether to do certain procedures on the operating table as he always goes with his gut. While that might seem worrying, I think and hope that such a praised surgeon certainly knows better than me which procedures work better. I prefer having a subtler result rather than him trying to change too much and end up looking a mess!

I booked my rhinoplasty for the 8th of April and am very excited and looking forward to it! I will update accordingly.

S x
(The cost is £6800 but I put the equivalent in $ as it would't let me change it.)

Update of before side view

Update front view

Okay, for the girls that said I don't need it, this is a better picture. Look at how my columella hangs ridiculously low and how crooked the nose looks when I smile. Plus the permanent excessive nostril show.

One week till my surgery

I will be having my rhinoplasty one week from now and I am very nervous! I went in and had a second consultation with dr Gonschior where We decided together than rather than shaving my collumela he will slightly derotate my tip as to have less nostril show. Basically making my upper lip /nose angle straigther as now it's quite upturned. I decided against having my collumela shaved off because dr G informed me that doing so will actually increase the extent of my nostrils' visibility from front view.
After the main procedure he will decide whether I need a alar base reduction (shrinking the size of the nostrils with two incisions on the lower part of the nostril).

3 days Post Op

I had my surgery Tuesday afternoon and it has been almost 3 days now. The pain is not bad, I can just feel the tightness of my stitches and the general swelling and bruising. Also, not being able to breathe through my nose is quite frustrating. Didn't have any nausea but was a bit shaky after I woke up.

I had a tiny bit taken in from my nostrils too so I have several stitches. The inside of my nose is still very swollen and there is quite a lot of discharge/snot. My side view is straight like I asked for.

There isn't a lot that I can look at just yet as everything feels so swollen. I can't wait for my swelling and bruising to go down.

I get my stitches out in 4 days and my cast off in another 10; my surgeon insists on the cast being kept on for an additional week.

Stitches are out

I had my stitches removed today and it hurt so much! I would have never thought it can hurt so bad but as I had so many of them (because of the alar base reduction incisions too) and my nose being irritated as I have a cold and I have a very runny nose and this probably didnt help.

I don't really have a lot to say at the moment as I am waiting to have my cast removed in 7 days. The tip does seem to be very swollen and upturned and I am waiting for this to come down hopefully in time. The hump is gone and profile seems pretty straight like I requested (I hate too much of a scoop); the nostrils are quite a bit smaller and that bit of hanging columella is gone. Only complaint so far is how upturned it looks but then again I have always had it upturned and Dr explained he can't make it that much straighter. Especially since he removed the hanging columella, the angle is bound to be more accentuated.

Right now I am trying not to worry too much and let it settle before I make any harsh assumptions.

Splint removal 2 weeks post op

So I had my cast removed yesterday with no pain as it was already loose. Skin on nose was and still is very irritated after 2 weeks under the cast. Little to no bruising and swelling left.

At this initial stage I am fairly pleased with results, it's not perfect but that is an unrealistic expectation.

Profile is straight with very slight scoop as I requested, nostrils made smaller and bridge narrowed.

I do have a few concerns that hopefully will be resolved with swelling: nostrils are a bit uneven, and there is a very small curve still to my columella where I can feel the cartilage in a weird way. Nose goes slightly to the right but it always did that a bit and it is made more noticeable by the swelling I think.

Overall, quite happy but hopefully it will get better as swelling subsides.

What are your opinions?