My 2nd BA with Teardrop implants 425cc Gummy Bears - London, UK - 12 weeks Post Op

I only discovered Realself around 2 days before my...

I only discovered Realself around 2 days before my 2nd BA & I have therefore put off doing a review. I will start it now & hope that I don't miss things out or forget things. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or if you would like to comment on my post you're more than welcome :) I have posted a pre-op photo of myself (the only one 'I' have - I'm sure my 1st PS has more of his own)

I had my first surgery done 6th January 1999 when my first born Son was 5 months old. Before my op I was 5f 8" & I weighed 7st 3oz (101 lbs?) I was very slim & I was around a 28aa in bra size. I didn't even make an A cup.

During my 1st pregnancy I went up to an A cup & I was able to wear my first adult looking bra :) Even though only an A cup, I was delighted. I remember my first proper bra well, it had a dogtooth print in a satin fabric, I totally loved it.

3 days after the birth of my first born, I went to bed an A cup & BOOM, the next morning I was engorged with milk (ouch) & I was a C cup, yay!! I remember walking down the corridors within the hospital in my dressing gown admiring my boob profile proudly in the reflection of the glass windows.

Sadly, after I stopped breastfeeding my Son, I went back to my original AA cup but I had also lost some elasticity, I wasn't too worried about that though, I was just disappointed to be flat chested again.

A few months down the line I noticed that my friend's Sister looked gorgeous in some professional shots she'd had done & she whispered in my ear that she'd had a BA!! Waaaahhhh, this made me 'NEED' to have an op, it was 'OK' to be flat chested if I knew someone else was in the same boat as me but now I felt I was left out on the shelf :(

I had my consultation with the same clinic she went through with the same surgeon. I waited until after the Christmas period because I assumed I'd be in absolute agony with these HUGE noticeable boobies!

On the day of my surgery I was in the clinic with another girl who not only had the same first initial as me, but she had the same surname lol but thankfully the staff were extra careful with our meds.

At the time of my first BA I was a smoker & while in the hospital recovering from my op I wanted a cigarette & I stupidly decided to lift up a sash window, yes after my op! D'oh! I started to bleed but not heavily & my surgeon ended up having to redress my left incision. I felt great after my op, I was walking around within 2 hours whereas the girl next door was laid up in bed in agony bless her. I wasn't as big as I'd hoped after my 1st BA but I waited 15 years until I had my 2nd surgery (to be continued.....)

The next part to my journey......

Hi Ladies :)

Here I am posting photo's of my 1st BA but unfortunately they're 15 years after my surgery. I only took these so I could compare against my 2nd surgery which I had on November 22nd with MR Fazel from Refresh.

I probably wont post any full frontal shots because I have some asymmetry which in my opinion is exaggerated immensely in photographs :(

One of my implants was also somehow 1cm lower on my right side. I should probably of gone back to my surgeon & asked for a revision but I didn't because I didn't know I could. I used to adjust my shoulder strap tighter on my right side so that they looked level in a bra.

Why did I go for my 2nd BA?

Ok, so I had been having some pain in my left breast for about a year which mainly used to happen around the time of my monthly cycle so I put the pain down to that. I used to get an ache in my breast which was more of a problem at night, I guess from leaning on that side or my breast leaning towards the other if I laid on my opposite side.

I pretty much missed all the hype about the PIP implants as I find the news upsetting & usually avoid watching it. My Brother did ask if PIP implants effected me but I said 'no' thinking that my previous surgeon would have contacted me if I was at risk or fitted with them.

It wasn't until several months down the line that I became paranoid due to my breast aching more & more during the month. At first it would ache for a few days each month but then it ached for 3 weeks out of every month. I decided to Google my symptoms & that's when I fully read the story on PIP implants. Of course I was very worried & the next day I phoned my first surgeons office & I was told later that day that I did have PIP implants :( I possibly had industrial grade silicone inside my body instead of medical grade! Could this be why I was experiencing a continuous ache?

I then contacted my GP. He sent me to a breast screening clinic & that's where I first met with MR Fazel. He talked me through my options before I went off for some screening tests to discover whether or not I had a rupture. Can you believe that on that day my left breast was on fire internally, I was so positive I had a rupture as was he but the mammogram & sonogram showed no signs of rupture.

Anyway, as a precaution & also the fact that I was in fact 5 years over due for replacement implants, I decided to get a 2nd BA. I also chose not to go back to my original surgeon.

After having a nice conversation with him, I chose MR Fazel for my 2nd BA.

The day of my 2nd BA - 22 Nov 2013

By the way, I am still 5f 8" but this time round I am 8st 3lbs. I put on a whole stone in 15 years lol.

Ok, so this time I went for 425cc Anatomical, textured Gummy Bears (Cohesive Gel)

I was first in line this time! Boy was I in pain after this BA, completely different to my first BA. My surgeon had to break open my old scar tissue which was apparently very thick on my left side (this is possibly where the pain was coming from?) It is known that recovery from a 2nd BA is much harder, they're right there! My poor throat was in pieces & so so dry after the anesthetic , thankfully one of the kind nurses at the Highgate hospital gave me several chewing gum which kept my throat moist for the next 24 hours! An absolute god send.

It took me much longer this time around to feel normal enough to be discharged that evening. I only took the one photo after my op with clothes, I'm shy :D

3 days post op

Jeeeeez wearing any kind of bra was so sore :( I ended up wearing a JML Belvia & a crop top that my dear friend lent me. The photo is maybe 5 days after my surgery.

After my 2nd BA, on my left side at the top of my implant, it felt like I could feel the rim of the implant. (I am 4 weeks post op today '20.12.13' & it has now dropped enough that I can hardly feel it anymore!)

4 weeks post op

Here's a photo of me 4 weeks post op. They've definitely dropped but I can't really see that teardrop shape yet but they don't have that 'round' shape 'too' much either. I am praying that they settle further during the coming weeks & begin to look more natural - fingers & toes crossed anyway :)

Something I wanted to share with you

I wanted to share this with you because I believe it counts. A lot of first timers or even 2nd or 3rd timers probably don't realise that the shape of your ribcage really does make a difference to the result you get after your BA. If you imagine the pic above as a cross section of two of the three different shaped ribcages, you can see how a placement of implants over the two can give different results, I think I have the sloped ribcage as I have 425cc's this time & I still don't have a D cup.

Something I wanted to share with you (I forgot the pic, sorry!)

With the pic this time lol

6 weeks 3 days PO

I'm still not loving my boobs. They're still hard and in my opinion high. I had to have them re/done but I don't think i will ever be happy as they're not real :(

Boobs in an old bra

Bra sizes are sooo confusing, a 34C yesterday was too restricting but my old 34B bra fits?!?! Lol

I made it to a D cup, Yay!!!! :)

Hi, I measured myself yesterday to be a 32C but today in store they didn't quite fit so I tried on a D & it fit! I'm soooo happy! I didn't buy any of the bras I tried on though, I was literally just sizing myself & seeing which styles suited me best. I quite like balconette bras. I'm still wearing my post op bra at the moment because my surgeon recommended I do so for 8-10 weeks.

My 15 year old PIP (industrial grade silicone) implants

I bought my old implants home with me out of curiosity. I was able to study them for ages. I keep them in a suitcase & I had to sign a consent form to be able to leave the hospital with them. I was one of the lucky ones as they didn't rupture

I shall be posting photo's

Hi, just to let you all know, I will be posting photo's but it's incredibly hard when I've no-one to take them for me, if I hold the camera myself I end up looking all lopsided lol

Are these really anatomical?

I am finding it HARD to believe my implants are anatomical, I think they look very round & with no slope :/ I am however seeing my PS this evening so I can ask him then :) Here are some photo's 9 weeks post op. I do have a boob that twists out slightly but the last set did that too.....

10 weeks post op, wow that went fast!

It's a whole 10 weeks tomorrow since I had surgery! I saw my lovely PS last Thursday as I was having some pain which I was becoming paranoid about, imagining all sorts of bad things were about to go wrong but after an examination he said I am all fine & that these implants were much wider than my previous ones so my skin just needed to stretch :D He did say that my left boob has some catching up to do & he's shown me how to massage my skin in a downward stroke. I do actually feel much better a week later pain wise so that's encouraging. I did however wear a heavily padded bra which by friend kindly gave me but NEVER AGAIN... I swear when I took it off my boob was flat on one side! Eeeek. I went to bed so scared & I didn't even look at my boob the next day AT ALL :/ Not until the day after did I feel brave enough to look & it looked fine lol.

By the way, has any one heard of myfreeimplants.com? Are they kosher?

Sleep

I can finally sleep properly on my front, Yay! I have been able to do this from week 11 (today is week 12)

I am still getting an odd pain behind my right implant but this comes & goes. So far today it's not been there at all. It's towards my sternum but under the implant & even if I take ibruprofen & 2 paracetamol it still niggles away. I just hope the implant isn't on a nerve. I have gone back to my ugly support bra for now as I also started to get an internal stinging sensation in my right scar which I'm praying is ok (I had my pocket stitched higher because my last implants from 15 years ago dropped too low) I should call my surgeon but I don't want to trouble him unnecessarily, I'm not sure If I'm just being paranoid :/

Massage

Well, I didn't use kelo cote yesterday or today and I've had no niggly pain what so ever! So I'm now wondering if I was aggravating something inside whilst massaging in the gel. Wow, I hope that it is just because of that because I can then FINALLY stop worrying on a daily basis. These last two days have been heaven because I've previously had the pain on & off from week 4 - 12 which is the whole time that I've used kelo cote (please note, I am not blaming the kelo cote, just the massage over the scars on a daily basis) eeeek, fingers crossed :)
London Plastic Surgeon

My gosh!!!! You look so good, are you kidding!? You have AMAZING results, babe!
Looking good!! I have a question for you... I noticed where before your second BA you said you had some asymmetry and that is why you did not post frontal pics. Now did the asymmetry get better on its own or did the Dr fix that with the second BA or you still feel you have the asymmetry going? Thanks
Hi. My right side was lower than my left after my first BA. I didn't know it could be corrected so I never went back to my first surgeon. The new surgeon said he could fix it & now they look more level but my right nipple is still slightly lower than the other & turns out slightly. I don't know if my nipple has always been like that as I never took my own pre op pics years ago (wish I had) if I raise both arms, my right side now looks slightly higher than my left but with arms down they look level and the best bit is, I no longer have to tighten my right shoulder strap tighter than my left to level me up :)
That's great! I have some asemmetry that I think I had before the BA. Dr says he can go in and fix it by lowering my crease on the higher side. But I dont know if I want to do that. Is that what your PS do? Did he lower your crease or did he fix it doing something different? Im still on the fence of having the asemmetry fixed or not. It doesnt bother me that bad.
I've just looked through your pics & by studying the last pic you posted of the before & after, in my opinion, the look fab & I'd leave them well alone but obviously that's up to you (lol) They really do look amazing though. My PS stitched my previous pocket I think, I would have to ask him if you'd like to know exactly how he did it, I will see if I have a before pic that's a frontal for you to see so you can see :)
Ps, he didn't lower my crease
That would be great. Thanks hun!!
You look great! Are you still happy with your results? Did the pain from your scars go away?
Hi, thank you :) I am so happy because my left side has finally softened up and my scars haven't hurt from roughly 4 weeks onwards. My other pain finally subsided 3 days ago :D I strongly believe that the massage I was doing along with using kelo cote was the cause so I've discontinued using it and I feel much happier now :) I know the implants still have changes to come because my first set took many months to settle too
did you go over or under the muscle?
I had my under the muscle.
Hi, I went under because I have no natural breast tissue
Under :)
Hi! Your breasts look beautiful. Yeah, they do look round. I heard most PS say it takes 3-6 months for the implants to drop and settle.
Hi :) Yes, I believe my last ones took around 9 months before they fully dropped, I must have strong skin :) Thank you for your comment :)
Wow yea, they definitely look round to me as well. I don't see the anatomical shape there at all lol Let us know what your PS says. On the plus side they look great! :) Happy healing lovely -hugs-
Hi, yes, definitely anatomical, he has noted that they haven't dropped equally as yet but my last implants took a lot longer than expected too. Thank you for the hugs :D x
I agree, round but beautiful!
Aww thank you! :)
Wow you look awesome mate. I believe we look quite similar actually. I'm a lot heavier than you, but our shape is similar and the overall appearance. My right side is heaps lower too, but I have sorted it out so far. As you can read in my review, only if ya want but. I believe textured implants will never ever drop and fluff like silicone plains do. I've also got textured, but I don't need mine to drop any more, they'll be in my belly button. =-O
Hi Baby Bee :) Do you also have teardrop? I had textured on my first BA too & they dropped loads but took absolutely ages to do so (around 6-9 months) . I tried on a bra in a store yesterday & there was mirrors all around me inside the changing room & I caught sight of my left breast 'side on' & I can see that it's still much higher than my right. I also have a slant as did Pink Lotus so I'm wondering if my implant hasn't dropped enough for that reason? It's much firmer than my right implant too & has some rippling on the outer portion near my outer rib cage when I lean forward but only to the degree that I can feel it, not see it. Thank you for the compliment :) I will definitely read through your review today, I am just about to go on a driving lesson. Thank you so much for your comment :D
no I do not have tear drops mate, that was my first intention but. mine are extra high texture implants . Yes they are from the photos mate, In fact they look great.
Thank you, I guess I just wanted more slope to them :)
I think you look wonderful!
Aww thank you! :) I'm loving updating my bra collection that's for sure