48 Yr, 5'3 150 Lb Replacing 270cc over Muscle with the New Seintra Silicone 510cc - Kinston, NC

Replacing 15 year saline implants with the new...

Replacing 15 year saline implants with the new Sientra Gummy Bear using existing over the muscle pocket. I've read so many reviews it would be best under muscle but after 2 consults recommending using existing pocket. I wanted 600 cc which is what I thought would give me a D or DD cup. I asked the doc to fill up my pocket to its limit and ended up with 510cc's. I'm concerned I'm only going to end up with a full C. I was a very small C or Full B with the 270cc Saline. I look very round not a huge projection. Definitely bigger than I was just worried I should have gone larger and if the doc could have given me 550cc or 600cc perhaps that would look too big on me... Maybe the larger size would have caused me issues such as bottoming out... I have read on this site about the drop and fluff that makes you feel and look larger. Does anyone know if this occurs with someone that has had replacements over the muscle. The majority refers to under the muscle...

4 days post op!!! I think I'm over obsessing my size...

Since I'm over the muscle they seem to be dropping really fast! I was told since replacing implant in same pocket I didn't have to massage or wear a sports bra and to actually go braless waiting on tape on stitches to come off. It is really starting to itch!!! Anyone else over the muscle that is dropping fast? Afraid of bottoming out!!! I will take Picts and update soon! It is very helpful seeing and reading the updates!

Pics 4 Days

Additional pics

Day 1 after surgery

8 Days after surgery pics

I went to Victoria Secrets to be measured for bra size. I was very surprised that I was a 34DD! I tried several styles on with simple T-shirt. My nurse informed me that I should not wear regular bras until 3 months post op. I didn't buy anything but it was nice to see them in the bras!!!

8 Day Pic

Swollen left breast with pain

Yesterday I had pain in my left breast. This morning it is very swollen and hurts! I contacted the doctor. He thinks I may have fluid collected in the pocket. Have a 9:30 am appt. tomorrow morning. He said he may have to open my pocket back up and remove fluid and put in antibiotic and input a drainage tube. He said sometimes the body absorbs the excess fluid and sometimes it had to be removed by adding a drainage tube. He did day it might just be inflammation but to come prepared for surgery :( . Not what I wanted to hear but at least I don't have to pay if he does have to go back in... Concerned and freakjng out!!! I hope it's just inflammation. Have any of you had this happen.

2 weeks post op'

Great news it's just inflamed tissue. I'm taking anti-imflamtory medice every four hours and doctor will check on me in a couple if days. No lifting or stretching, I was told I may have pulled something and inflamed the tissue. I'm gonna take it easy for next couple if days. No compression sports bras only light weight non confirming bras. I'm so impatient!!!

19 days Post

Still have significant swelling and pain in left boob. Sainting to hear back from doctor. Aleve and warm compresses around the clock has not helped! Feeling sad :(

24 Days Post Op

Hi everyone! Been off the radar sick with chest cold. It's been 24 days and time has flew by. My lefties is still larger than the right. I no longer have pain it's just more firm and larger than my right. My doctor has instructed me to begin taking 1000 iu of vitamin E daily for a couple of months. Here are some updated pics. Is anyone else having an issue with one breast larger if so I would love to read about your experience. I am hoping for a better result as I did not have this issue prior to the replacements....

29 Days Post Op

Feeling excited! Looking more symmetrical. Leftie is still not as squishy but is a lot softer. Vitamin E and time is making a big difference. It is so important to have patience and allow healing time for the final results! I feel like I have been an emotional roller coaster with the healing process. I can definitely see that they are evening out and have excepted one is going to be larger than the other. It's not noticeable in a bra. I appreciate the positive comments thru this process.

29 days Post VS wireless 34DD

For to add VS Pic

6 weeks Post Op

Looking good after six weeks. A little pain at incision on left side just need to continue with vitamin E and massaging.

Additional photos

You look amazing!
Your girls looke great!! I Have a Question Did U Get hp Or Ultra High?
Thanks! I got moderate profile. I wanted more upper fullness but two doctors suggested moderate. I should have asked why but I didn't. I have more fullness up top with a wireless bra. I can begin wearing underwires 2-3 month post op. My sutures are still tender wearing the wireless so I alternate with sports bra which compresses the girls... Are you scheduled for a BA?
They look great tho!! Love that natural look! Yes my ba is the 26 of march..
Perfect !!! Great choice in size for you, they look great ! Thanks for the update.
Thanks!
Looking good
Thanks for the update , you look great! Hope your able to calm down a little now .
Yes, definitely a lot calmer now!
That's good , I know how you feel though. I was like that too . It will drive you crazy !
I think you look fab! They look the same in size now, no difference at all. Fantastic result.
Thank you! I feel much better about the size now.
The size is great (in my opinion)! They look really good for 26 days post, hopefully your lefty will chill out soon. I'm ready for my incisions to heal and then I'll be happy! Can't wait to hear how lefty comes along!
Did your left side calm down or are you still having complications? What did the doctor say was the cause of it? Are you still loving the Sientras? I really want to get them but still haven't heard a lot of feedback good or bad.
Hi! Been off the radar been and still sick with nasty chest cold. I was told my breast tissue is inflamed. My pain has subsided and I think the swelling is going down. The left is not squishy like the right and is definitely larger. My doctor instructed me to begin taking 1000 iu of vitamin E and continue taking Aleve. (Aleve is really bothering my stomach). Doctor is telling me it could take a couple of months on vitamin E to see a difference. I certainly hope if my boobs don't even out he will do something about it! I didn't have this problem before the replacement and he put in the same size on both sides. They should be the same do you agree? I'm afraid it could be scar tissue from fluid or excess blood in the pocket that wasn't taken care of during the initial swelling. I will update my review with new pics tonight. You can't really tell size difference in clothes unless I wear a tight shirt. I love the way my right one feels so squishy and feels natural my left is tight and a lot harder... I hope the vitamin E does the trick!
Have to say that I don't think anyone ever really has both sides feeling or looking exactly the same. My left one was always ahead of the right . I think you chose a great size for you by the way. I take vitamin E also because it can't hurt you and it is suppose to soften any scar tissue . Thanks for the update. hope you feel better soon !!
Do you think a hot Epsom salt bath soak would help? Hope it gets better. You look so nice I love the results.
U look great! !
Thanks!! Wishing I would have went larger but I'm trying to lose weight before the summer which make them look bigger... Ready for the swelling I lefty to go down.
I'm right with u on trying to loose a little weight before summer, then mine will look a lot bigger too lol
Please don't worry about them not being big enough. They look so wonderful, natural and a lovely shape. I wish I had something similar... I was wondering if you had drains and if so was it uncomfortable or painful? I can't see any on your pictures so pherhaps you didn't. Also did your surgeon do anything at all to adjust the pockets or did the new implants just fit in? I might have a revision so I am trying to understand what it might be like the second time.
No drainage I was beginning to wonder if I he should have for my left boob. I have to send him pics tomorrow and possibly go in for him to check my left one. May have to have drainage not sure yet. I will post pics in a few on my review let me know if you can tell if the swelling has gone down,0. Honestly I have looked at them so much And worried about the possibility of fluid I just don't know. I feel like it's gone down but then I don't! Still trying to determine if the swelling is from strained tissue to from fluid. My pockets were oversized from the beginning actually a little large for the 270cc. I asked the doctor to fill me up and if he needed to adjust pocket and to go as large as he could for a natural look. I will have to ask if he adjusted the pocket... I was hoping for 550-600 but he said he would put in what my I could accommodate and be proportionate... Ended up with 510cc. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like if I can be of help!
Thank you! Hope the swelling goes down soon!!
Thank you! Lets hope the swelling goes soon. If it was the first time it would be normal to have swelling and at this stage but I am not sure what the deal is second time. Make sure to talk to your doctor and you could always post a question to the surgeons on this site. Make time to rest and take it easy and I am sure it will get better soon!
Nooooo it perfect size :)