48 Yr, 5'3 150 Lb Replacing 270cc over Muscle with the New Seintra Silicone 510cc - Kinston, NC

Replacing 15 year saline implants with the new...

Replacing 15 year saline implants with the new Sientra Gummy Bear using existing over the muscle pocket. I've read so many reviews it would be best under muscle but after 2 consults recommending using existing pocket. I wanted 600 cc which is what I thought would give me a D or DD cup. I asked the doc to fill up my pocket to its limit and ended up with 510cc's. I'm concerned I'm only going to end up with a full C. I was a very small C or Full B with the 270cc Saline. I look very round not a huge projection. Definitely bigger than I was just worried I should have gone larger and if the doc could have given me 550cc or 600cc perhaps that would look too big on me... Maybe the larger size would have caused me issues such as bottoming out... I have read on this site about the drop and fluff that makes you feel and look larger. Does anyone know if this occurs with someone that has had replacements over the muscle. The majority refers to under the muscle...

4 days post op!!! I think I'm over obsessing my size...

Since I'm over the muscle they seem to be dropping really fast! I was told since replacing implant in same pocket I didn't have to massage or wear a sports bra and to actually go braless waiting on tape on stitches to come off. It is really starting to itch!!! Anyone else over the muscle that is dropping fast? Afraid of bottoming out!!! I will take Picts and update soon! It is very helpful seeing and reading the updates!

Pics 4 Days

Additional pics

Day 1 after surgery

8 Days after surgery pics

I went to Victoria Secrets to be measured for bra size. I was very surprised that I was a 34DD! I tried several styles on with simple T-shirt. My nurse informed me that I should not wear regular bras until 3 months post op. I didn't buy anything but it was nice to see them in the bras!!!

8 Day Pic

Swollen left breast with pain

Yesterday I had pain in my left breast. This morning it is very swollen and hurts! I contacted the doctor. He thinks I may have fluid collected in the pocket. Have a 9:30 am appt. tomorrow morning. He said he may have to open my pocket back up and remove fluid and put in antibiotic and input a drainage tube. He said sometimes the body absorbs the excess fluid and sometimes it had to be removed by adding a drainage tube. He did day it might just be inflammation but to come prepared for surgery :( . Not what I wanted to hear but at least I don't have to pay if he does have to go back in... Concerned and freakjng out!!! I hope it's just inflammation. Have any of you had this happen.

2 weeks post op'

Great news it's just inflamed tissue. I'm taking anti-imflamtory medice every four hours and doctor will check on me in a couple if days. No lifting or stretching, I was told I may have pulled something and inflamed the tissue. I'm gonna take it easy for next couple if days. No compression sports bras only light weight non confirming bras. I'm so impatient!!!

19 days Post

Still have significant swelling and pain in left boob. Sainting to hear back from doctor. Aleve and warm compresses around the clock has not helped! Feeling sad :(

24 Days Post Op

Hi everyone! Been off the radar sick with chest cold. It's been 24 days and time has flew by. My lefties is still larger than the right. I no longer have pain it's just more firm and larger than my right. My doctor has instructed me to begin taking 1000 iu of vitamin E daily for a couple of months. Here are some updated pics. Is anyone else having an issue with one breast larger if so I would love to read about your experience. I am hoping for a better result as I did not have this issue prior to the replacements....

29 Days Post Op

Feeling excited! Looking more symmetrical. Leftie is still not as squishy but is a lot softer. Vitamin E and time is making a big difference. It is so important to have patience and allow healing time for the final results! I feel like I have been an emotional roller coaster with the healing process. I can definitely see that they are evening out and have excepted one is going to be larger than the other. It's not noticeable in a bra. I appreciate the positive comments thru this process.

29 days Post VS wireless 34DD

For to add VS Pic

6 weeks Post Op

Looking good after six weeks. A little pain at incision on left side just need to continue with vitamin E and massaging.

Additional photos

4 mths post op

Just a few pics. Currently researching a great revision surgeon. I am wanting more projection and cc's. I wNt to get it right this time!!! Pics in swimsuit was a disappointment considering how much I've already invested. I'm convinced it's all about the right surgeon and communication to ensure we both understand the desired results I'm trying to achieve.

Added other side view

Swim suit pic

Desire more boobs!

Wish boobs

More Wish boobs using internal bra

Dr. Cummings

Dr. Cummings is very funny and nice. Pre-op visit went great! I did not feel rushed. He answered my questions for the majority but not completely on some questions. He would not commit to size or cc's. He is great if you are going to just increase size or first time BA with no issues. After surgery I did not see him at all. The nurses were great but I expected him to at least pop in to ask how I was before being sent home. I had issues with one breast swelling the nurse "Christi" was very helpful and Dr Cummings saw me and reassured me everything would be fine and it was! I am disappointed that the placent of the plant is low on my chest however he used existing pockets. I would have appreciated the expertise of the surgeon to tell me and make the necessary adjustments. It may have been because pocket adjustment may not have been his specialty or that he doesn't have the trained eye in this area. (This would saver from having to have a second revision). I currently have lateral displacement along with the pockets sitting to low. Otherwise they do look great and look very natural. I've consulted other surgeons that have told me if pockets were adjusted the placement of the implants would be higher my breasts would look larger with better projection. I feel the 510 cc look small which is probably due to the pocket.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy after your revision. Its something that I'm looking into as well...but with great trepidation. If I do it I want the best surgeon. Im in Australia and am seriously considering coming over to the States to either dr POUSTI in san Diego or dr. Revis in miami. They seem like the only ones I can trust with a larger revision. My original doc just wants to use existing pockets too... I think big implants need some type of internal bra or sutures to keep them in place lol. Did any of your docs suggest a lift? You might get more of the perky higher look that you're wanting cheers Shelly xoxo
Hi Shelly, I just responded to Blutee about my three consults. Rather than copy and repost please check my response out. Have you decided what you are going to do and which doctor yet? I'm between Dr. Revis and Dr. Pozner in Fla. because I can drive there. I can't go with Dr. Pousti due to the travel cost along with Dr. Pousti's cost put me wayyyy over budget. I'm very interested in your journey! Thanks
Hi , I can totally understand how your feeling. What are you gonna do now ? That's a lot of cost to re- do again .
Hi, I'm still trying to decide. I've reached out via email to 3 doctors. Two in Miami Dr. Pozner recommends sub muscular using Seri a Silk mesh and staying in Fla for 10 days post op. Cost approximately 10 thousand and can't guarantee size until surgery. This concerns me because I can't imagine they could fit 800cc first time under muscle. Perhaps less would give me the look I'm going for with correct positioning of the breast. Dr. Revis also in fla suggest staying over the muscle due to increased complications if he were to go under. (Not clear on what the increased complications would be). I would ask during face to face consultation. Dr. Revis would also use the internal bra suture technique estimate cost about 9 thousand. He recommends staying 3 days after surgery. I do have concerns of rippling going 800 cc above muscle he would use 800 cc HP silicone Mentor. Lastly, there's Dr. Pousti in Ca. Recommends staying above muscle repositioning implants and capsulorrhaphy to help position the implants on chest wall cost $10,000 If AlloDerm is required it would be an addition 3 to 4 thousand! If during surgery it's decided to move implants sub muscular it could be even more... These costs along with travel costs will not work within my budget. So I'm trying to decide between Dr. Revis staying above muscle or Dr. Pozner below muscle. They both are very reputable surgeons just very different approaches. In very torn which way to go. I have already spent so much money on the last two BA's. This is going to be my last and I want to make the right decision. I'm not going to rush but I would like to proceed with surgery in January 2015 this will be 1 year post op from my previous revision.... I'm starting to have minor back and shoulder pain I wear underwires during the days and sleep 5 out of 7 days in light weight sports bras because I have pain under my breasts the support seems to help. Not bad pain just a bit bothersome. It's so upsetting to have spent so much money to be so displeased. Don't get me wrong they are not so bad that I can't live with them they just look really bad when I'm laying down they roll to the side even more so now it scares me just how much worse will it get. They look better in some swim suits that others. They sit really low on my chest with hardly any cleavage for 510 cc. It's very confusing when I see how large others look with 500 's. I'm thinking perhaps the repositioning will do the trick... I'm mentally exhausted and sometimes just want to give up but then I read on this site girls end up really satisfied on the third attempt and it gives me hope... So sorry for the long winded response just needed to get this out. I hope my experience will help others. This is a really good support site!!! Keep me posted with your journey. I really hope you find the right surgeon too! I'm definitely not going back to the surgeon that did my last two surgeries. He's good to pop them in but not good for adjusting or recognizing that adjustments are needed to give me my desired results. When I consulted over phone I was told he would just put in a bigger implant no suggestions what so ever to correct the positioning. It's important to select a surgeon that specializes in revisions and performs them on a routine basis...
Hi RC05372, yea I feel the same about taking time to decide on right doctor and what you said about your size not even looking as big as others with same size. I have that problem also and I wonder if it's possible the pocket is too deep into the back of the chest or something but it probably is positioning too. I really like Dr Revis web site. Almost every client has an outstanding job !! I'm just scared to go their.
i wish i could get anywhere close those last 2 wish pics you posted :(
I know how you feel I had revision in December from 400 cc to 595 cc and they don't seem big enough and no fullness on top
It sucks!!! I'm gonna try one more revision hopefully I won't be disappointed. I am currently researching surgeons that specialize in revisions. Thinking about Dr. Revis in Ft. Lauderfale Fla. it's about a 12 hr drive... I've had a hard time finding a local doctor specializing in revisions that go larger than 600 -700 cc. I requested 600 and got 510cc. I can't shine they'd body would not be able to accommodate larger than that.
Yea I hate not being satisfied afterwards..spending all that money
Yep..with you there. Have you thought of looking at sientra more form stable implants. I think they are good for keeping upper pole fullness. ..bit firmer feel though.. but not quite sure? Would love about 250cc more myself one day. I reckon Pousti or Revis are the go for bigger implants. I'm thinking of coming from Australia lol!!
I got sientra..i had mentor before..neither give me enough upper pole :(
How many cc's are you now? And what profile? Are you above or below? Do you know what your BWD is? I'm trying to find out what mine is. Waiting to here from my previous surgeon... I'm gonna go from 510 sientra moderate to Mentor HP 800 cc above muscle. A bit afraid if possible rippling or wrinkling...
Oh I heard dr. Revis is the best if you want large implants and 12hrs isn't that bad , people fly from all over to go to him ! Love his website results !!
girl you look great! i caught a comment of yours saying you feel like you don't have enough projection, but i think it's the moderate profile doing that. your change from your previous implants to your new ones is a major one, you really look much better and amazing :) i also feel a bit lacking in projection, because not only do i have mod+, but they're underfilled at the moment! i can't wait to have them filled up properly.
Keep me posted! I think you look great!
When will you go back to have them filled? What will be your post op cc's? You look great!!! I hope you ate satisfied after the cc's are increased!
it's not sure yet. i have a date scheduled on nov 6th, but it feels too far away now, and knowing i *should* be okay getting it done after 6 months post-op, i'm thinking of trying to schedule sooner. i would get between 100 and 200cc max more, so i'd end up between 800l/900r cc and 900l/1000r cc.
Keep me posted. I know how you feel. I'm corresponding via email with Dr. Revis in Fla. I sent pics and he is suggesting 800cc's silicone and creating an internal bra staying above the muscle. I'm gonna ask why not under muscle. I have had several consults and the all suggest over muscle. He a bit higher than NC surgeons but from the reviews I've seen he is suppose to be worth it and he is a revision specialist. I do not want to have another revision due to size and shape any more!!! Not sure of surgery date yet he said he has dates available in July. I just have concerns of doing it in the hot months if I have to wear a surgical bra long. I think it will be very uncomfortable not sure though.
i think they are suggesting over the muscle because of the current shape and crease of your breasts. if you were to go under the muscle, you would surely need a lift, probably full anchor, from my non-professional guess! by staying over the muscle and with the internal bra, Dr Revis could fill your babies up nicely, pain would be less, and they would hold there because of the internal stitches. you're lucky to be able to plan and go to Dr Revis. i'd like to because he'd be the one to make me happy, but i can't :(
hey i saw your reply about Dr Revis reply and i was pretty spot on with the guesstimate on why Dr R recommended over the muscle, huh :) your measurements are very close to my current measurements as well, i'm 38~38.5 bust, 31 under bust, 29~30 waist and 37 hips. i have less hips than you, but on a good day, my 29 waist isn't too bad in contrast. but like always i end up with the same measurements as most girls having ~500cc implants. there is something like 200cc+ lost on my chest because it's concave and i had so little tissue. :( i hope you end up with your dream boobs, be it with Revis or someone else :)
I know. It's so misleading to see girls with 500cc's that look huge then mine look so small! I would be satisfied and save money if they had the cleavage you have. He will need to do an internal bra to get the cleavage plus my roll to sides under my arms when I lay down. The internal bra will fix that too!
don't envy my cleavage girl, yours is much sexier! i see your pictures and you can get kissing cleavage easily, something i can't and/or not sure i will ever be able to! the "curves" in my midline is very smooth and undefined, so i never have any obvious cleavage, whatever the bra, in low necklines :(
You look amazing!
Thank you! What an emotional roller coaster this has been!