Over-filled Juvederm Xtra Under Both Eyes Causing Severe Granulosis 10 Months After the Injections - Kingston, NY

Juvederm is not used to fill the hollow areas...

Juvederm is not used to fill the hollow areas underneath the eyes. He used TWO syringes one week apart to fill the "hollows". Ten months later I developed a severe adverse reaction called a granulomia under both eyes. I talked with him on the phone and explained how people think I was punched in the eye, it is so distressing I didn't leave the house. He told me on the phone it was "probably a tumor" as a diagnosis. My family and I couldn't sleep that weekend. I then saw him in his Kingston office he again said it's a tumor and needed to do a biopsy. I did my own research and told him it was a granuloma, as this has happened to others from too much filler injected at one time. He claimed he never saw this before and insisted it being a tumor. Reluctantly, I had a biopsy done (we often think the doctor is right). Wasted money for something that did not and should not have been performed. I then consulted with 4 other plastic surgeons in the Albany area and they all knew immediately what it was - granulomas. Why didn't Dr. Hagerty know what it was? He lied to me. And I couldn't let him get away with that.
I sued, knowing that it could not go to triall, as my attorney explained it wouldn't be worth the cost to fight his big insurance company that would lie and do anything in their power to protect their client. We thought we had a case, as the attorney would not have wasted his time if he thought otherwise - especially after dr. hagerty offered me $600.00 to go away and not pursue legal action. He lied and got away with it. I would not let him touch my face if my life depended on it.

New York Plastic Surgeon