Clear Skin, Finally. - Kentucky

My acne started around the time I began middle...

My acne started around the time I began middle school and kept getting worse over time. Nothing I used worked, and believe me, I've tried all of the drug store products. Accutane is the only thing that has ever worked. I've been using it for seven months now, and I can honestly say that I love it! :)

Clear Skin, Finally.

I've been off Accutane for around three months now and I am thrilled to see that my skin is continuing to get better even without the use of the medication.
I still have some scarring, but it fades every single day. I haven't had any breakouts or anything. My face has been a little oily, but it's returning back to normal. I'm so grateful. :)

Love hearing your story and seeing your results!! I saw that you were worried that it would come back, now in May is your acne still cleared up?? :)
Thank you! :) Actually yes, my face is still looking clear and doing well. I have occasional small white heads, but other than that, I am set. :)

Wow! You're really pretty with acne, but the effect it's had on your skin is amazing! Your complexion is perfect and it really shows you love how you look now.

Thank you so much! This made me feel beautiful. :)

Where did you get an outbreak of eczema? I have been diagnosed with eczema previously and have outbreaks on my hands since starting accutane.

I had it really bad on my face, my arms, and my hands. I still have a small spot near my mouth.
It was okay.. It's definitely worth it, I promise. It takes time, so you'll need to be patient. Once you start noticing the results, you'll never want to stop taking it. I feel so beautiful now.
thanks so much. That's what lots of people are saying (and lots say they had hell too), but I'm just afraid I won't get the same results. I've been let down by so many other medications! Thanks for the help :)
There's not a doubt in my mind that your results will be life changing!
How bad was your initial breakout? Was it "hell" for you? I'm going through it right now, and I'm wondering to myself, "how is this going to get super clear?" Looking for all of the encouragement I can.
Wow you look great! You are very attractive and it's a shame that attractive people get acne so severelly. It honestly is a huge self esteem destroyer. I had acne to the same severity as yours when I was younger. I took a 4 month cycle when I was 14 and another 3 month cycle when I was 17. My skin stayed normal 17 and on... until the last year and I am 22 now. I believe that eventually the medication leaves your body, and your oil producing glands recover back to normal over a certain length of years. Unfortunately, from experience, I don't think you will always have 100% clear acne free skin. It's unrealistic. People like us have genetics that we can't change. I think the accutance helps, and fights off the cystic acne for sometimes years after you take it, but eventually you will need to take another cycle like me. 4 years later isn't bad, don't worry about and enjoy the good skin!
Thank you very much! I definitely have higher self esteem now, and I'm so much of confident in who I am and how I look. It's just scary to think that one day, I'll have to stop taking the medicine, and all of the "ugliness" will come back. :(
So Glad you found something that worked for you!. I am now on week 3  and so far so good. As far as tips, or hindsite.. I would love to hear from you. How did you deal with dry lips or skin? Or did you even HAVE any of these issues... I have had acne for years and am FINALLY feeling great about my choice for treatment.
Oh yes, I've had terribly dry skin and lips. You need to invest in about ten tubes of Aquafina or Carmex chapstick. They are the only ones that will actually help your lips. Lotion up and use St. Ives Triple Moisture body wash to stay moisturized and soft. Since I've been on Accutane, I've had a really bad outbreak of Eczema and the only thing that would work on clearing it up was the body wash. I hope this helps! :)

I'm so happy to hear your skin has cleared up for you!! How much longer are you suppose to stay on Accutane?

Thank you! My last month I believe is February. I've been on it since July, and its done wonders to my skin. I'm a little afraid that my acne will come back, though.

Yeah, unfortunately sometimes it does. Here is a Q&A where a number of the board certified dermatologists that volunteer on here have addressed that concern:

Will Acne Return if I Stop Taking Accutane?

It seems that a second round would be an option if the first doesn't clear it up. Do you think you would consider a second round if the acne started to come back?

Yes, I would definitely take it again if my acne came back. There's no doubt about it!

Well hopefully we are just worrying for nothing and the acne never, ever comes back! Be gone acne!! ;)

I truly hope your skin stays clear - please do continue to let us know.