Juvederm Nightmare

This is a total nightmare, I would not recommend...

This is a total nightmare, I would not recommend it to anyone. Juvederm under eyes are a big mistake!!

A month ago,I had Juvederm injected under my eyes.I simply wented to take away some fine lines under my eyes, so my Dr. said Juvederm works good. Trusting him was a big mistake! He opened up one box of Juvederm &injected me into the right eye. The remainder of that shot was injected into the left eye.

He said,"OOPS"and I was alarmed! What's wrong I said? Oh,I ran out of the product, I have to open up another box, which will cost you $350 more!! Well,what are my choices? To complete and balance both eyes, I had to agree with it. He charged me $450 for the 1st box,and the total I paid was $900. I beleive he did that for his financial gain.

After he was done, I looked in the mirror and saw both eyes were swellen and they were puffy. My eye size decrease drastically!No patient follow up was done by the Dr. or his office. For few days,my eyes were brused,puffy and some part of the left eye was like a double bag under it.

Now,after 4 weeks,my eyes look awful. Juvederm can not be reversed!I had another Dr. to look at it, he told me not to touch it, be patient and wait it out! I did this to look good for my September wedding, now I have to postpone this for another year due to this nightmare. I'm not sure,this will be over after my body obserb the product in 6-9 months! Has anyone had a nightmare like mine and has been able to fix the problem? Please let me know.

Ladies please be careful, there are lots of scams out there, but months of looking in the mirrors and regreting what you have done!!

I am absolutely in your shoes. The bad news is, it's a year later, and nothing changed; Maybe worse, because the bags of Juviderm slid very low down my cheeks..It's a horror show. I've never had bags, and now I have HUGE, kidney shaped bags halfway down my face. The only salvation, is that I am told there ARE injections that can dissolve it, and I am looking into it presently. Unfortunately, these doctors don't know enough about this stuff they're pushing. Stay away from Juviderm, especially around the eyes and lips, as I ruined my lips too.
Do the hyluronidaise it will help
The Juvederm got under muscle tissue causing the same kind of bags. I had to get the bags lasered because the doctors I went to for vitrase didn't inject it under the muscle tissue. The Juvederm lasts a very long time before it is completely dissolved, Much longer than one year. I would say to ask them to inject deep in those areas in case the Juvederm is under your muscle tissue and elevating it. The laser caused indentions, on my face, where the areas were raised and lasered off.
Thanks go out to depressedgirl for letting me know about hylenex. For 2 months I've had puffy eyes from juve. Went on the steroids. They didn't work at all. I knew about having it dissolved but didn't know which kind to get til she told me about hylenex. I had to go for 2 injections. The first one didn't do a lot since he only put it in one spot, the end of my eye where he said was the only place he put the juve. It worked a bit but had to go back for more. I just had it done today, this time he put a few needles in around the lower eye area. I think it's working. I'm a little puffy from being shot up so much but it looks like it's going down. I'll let you know in a couple days to see the final results. If anyone is going through this I know it's hell, I couldn't wait since I already have scar problems & this was too much, my nerves couldn't take it anymore. I forgot how my eyes looked, they were puffy for so long that now I'm afraid my eyes will look lose underneath for a while but it's better than looking like I was punched in the face. Never do juve under the eyes again!!! I'm lucky that my doctor is doing this for free. I know some doctors won't take the blame, leave it up to you to take care of the problem or make you pay for their mistake. I was lucky this time. My resurfacing doctor told me he would take care of any problems that came up but I didn't know that meant he would leave the room when I showed him them & never come back.
Did anyone try steroids to bring down the swelling? I was just put on a steroid pac for 6 days for the puffy eye I got from a tad bit of juve placed under my eye going on a month ago.. I'm on day 3 of the pills, it looks a bit better but would like to hear from anyone who had good or bad luck if their doctor gave them the steroids to try before using an injection to bring it down. Thanks
The last dr I saw did not want to prescribe steroids. Her reasoning was that I would look worse than I do now from the side effects. She said it could cause weight gain and pimply skin
It has been about 16 months for me with no change. I'm meeting with another doctor this week to have more dissolved. I am terrified that it may cause more issues but I look awful now.
He did mention I could get water weight gain, that I didn't mind esp if it would help my eyes. He also said it would plump up my cheek area where I had the juve. for my scars. That I didn't mind either. So far no pimples. I've been reading all the reviews & I noticed one person said they used the 6 day pac & it helped so I wanted to try this first before getting any desolver since I read a lot of bad things about it too but if it doesn't I'll try a little of the desolver. I can't take this much longer. I'll let you know how it goes. I still have 3 1/2 days left. I'm hoping it works like it did for the other girl who tried it. Did you try to have it desolved?
Oh i just asked if you tried to desolve it. It didn't work for you?? I know a lot said they had to go back a few times to have it completly gone. I hope the stroids work. He only put a little dap in so I wasn't worried. It's been a month & I'm going nuts. 16 months is a long time!! Nothing changed after your 1st injection? How much did they put under your eyes? I thought it was supposed to desolve on it's on in 6 to 12 months.
Hi Annie! I just wanted to wish you a happy New Year, and hope you find the help you need. I'm still having all sorts of issues myself. Take care.
Ask about having an injection of the hyluronidaise. It helped me
I had the injections put in 3 times. First he only put it where he said he put the juve. It didn't do much. Then I went back & he put a under both my eyes all around where the swelling was. Then the third time he put it were I told him I saw swelling. Finally it worked to where I'm back to normal. He used hylenex. He told me it cost him more for the dissolver then the juve I had put in. He took care of it for free & was very nice about it. I said he did it to me so he'll take care of it. He also said he didn't realize it migrates to different parts of your eyes so he didn't think it was the juve. I told him I've been reading up about it & read that people said it moves around. He appreciated me telling him because he said it never happen before to anyone he did. Glad I found one that admitted it & fixed me up for free. I read a lot of others have to pay around 180 to have it dissolved I could never last months looking that way. My scars are bad enough to deal with then having puffy eyes, I couldn't take it anymore & took the chance even tho some said not to but so far so good.
Meant he said he did it to me so he would fix it. Now needling for scars. I don't think I'll go for any more fillers for the eyes. I did have it done once before & loved it but it wasn't juve.
I finally saw the DR who injected me yesterday; he was nice, & said the same exact thing yours said Sats; That he had never seen this happen before. He also said, that he was absolutely insistent that my injections were far too long ago for my problem to be any Juviderm left in there, and that these were "festoons" under my eyes...Sudden festoons????I said, look, I KNOW when there is a foreign substance moving around under my eyes! Anyway, he agreed to try a VERY tiny amount of diluted Vitrase for no charge, & to let him know in a week whether I see any improvement. Is it crazy that here, the very next morning that I already notice an improvement???
Thanks so much for posting Sats. I just posted what happened, after finally seeing the doctor who injected the Juviderm, but I would like to ask: the doctor says there's no way this could be Juviderm, because my last injections were over a year & a half ago. Has anyone else out there also found that this stuff lingers for a LOT longer than they say it does?
Nope, I saw a difference within 24 hrs. the 1st, 2nd & 3rd time. He only put a little dissolver in the 1st time cause he didn't think it was the juve.. When he saw me the next time a he saw they started going down, so he put more all around where my swelling was. It worked again within 24 hrs. 3rd time too. He said he was sorry & didn't think he was going to see a difference in me once he put it in because he thought it was me since I happen to get an eye infection around the same time. I said no, it has to be the juve cause I didn't have them before the eye infection so it had to be the juve, had to wait for my eye to get better to prove it to him. I'm glad he took care of it, It was good of your doctor to do it too. Some don't & your screwed if you have to get more than one treatment like I did. One doctor I called said it would be 150 for a consult & 150 for the dissolver one time. I would have had to pay a total of 600.00 if my doctor didn't do it since I went 3 times & the consult fee. Each time he only put a little in to see how they did. I have a little puff now but I think that's me. I forgot how I used to look but I'm much happier now. Now that you see it going down he'll see it too. So if your not happy with how they are after a week then ask for a little more. Better to go slow then all at once & maybe have problems. Happy for ya!! I know how it makes you feel when your eyes look like that. Horrible. Keep us posted about your results.
I read some people said it lasts years!!! That they walked around for over 2 yrs with it that way. Some don't want to get the dissolver. There's one girl on here who's doctor didn't know about the dissolver & she got really sick from seeing herself & had to stay at a hospital since she was so depressed. But then she got the dissolver & she's good now. Even the doctor I called in case mine didn't do it said it could last yrs. in the eye area.
Thankyou Sats! Your story is so much like mine & it's very comforting to know. It's been 32 hours since the 1st diluted Vitrase, & although I'm a little bruised & swollen from the injections, I am certain that the size of the bag on my right eye has slightly shrunk, both eyes seem a bit more "hollow" beneath. This was the initial reason I got the Juvenile in the 1st place, but I will never complain about having hollow eyes again if this works. Will keep you posted!
If anyone gets a blue hue under their eyes Dr Oz had on TV to put grapeseed oil under them. That they'll look brighter after using it for a while. I'm putting it on after having juve puff up my eyes for a couple months. Says it helps strengthen the skin under the eye.
What was the stuff you say you loved?
Hylenex I think it's most expensive type of dissolver. It's a little different than the Vitrase but they both work. How ya doing now? I'm debating on going back for a wee bit more in one spot or maybe I'll just leave it alone & be happy enough. I still have til Wed to make a decision.
Glad to hear your nearing "normal" & it gives me hope. It's the 3rd day after injections, & I'm more swollen & black & blue under my eyes than the 1st couple of days from the injection now.. I look awful, but it's "different" than the usual "awful" LOL. All I can say is, I know he gave me VERY diluted Vitrase, so obviously this stuff is very effective because I think there was already a change...So I would imagine one must be very careful with this dissolvent. I've heard arguments both ways as to whether it can eat up your own collegen, & after this experience, I'm always going to read reviews first, & pretend I could have the worst case scenario! I don't know how your eyes look, (can people post pictures anywhere here?) From the only one I've seen, my case is a THOUSAND times worse... I'd say "If it works, don't fix it.." But if you think they can get even better with a little more, well then I'd probably opt for more myself... just be sparing with the dissolvent..Keep me posted!
I'll be thinking of ya. I'm sorry to hear your bruised. Mine didn't bruise but it did have some swelling from all the injections for a bit, A red spot too but it went away when I used grapeseed oil. My eyes looked worse than the pictures I saw too.. I thought I'd be a lucky one since it was such a little bit but boy did my eyes swell up. I didn't get sleep on top of it. Then had an eye infection in one then it went to the other. I will never forget Jan & Feb of 14. I had creams for the infection, gels for the swelling. drops 4 times a day, eye wipes for my eye lashes at nite. That went on for a few weeks!! I couldn't go anywhere & I had a little lump on top of my eye lid. Finally the infection went away & I got the shots. I finally felt like I was on the road back but it took such a toll on me. I'm thinking of just letting him see them & see what he says. I can live with them & a little concealer. Putting almond oil & grape seed oil under them, helps get rid of puffiness & hues. Keep me posted too on you. I'd say it took me 3 weeks to get to where I'm good. Their just a little different but like you said if it works don't fix it. I have a few days to decide but I'll probably go & see what he says too.
Sats thanks for asking. It is day 5 now from the very diluted Vitrase shot, & as I've just woken up, ( it always looked ultra scary in the mornings) I cannot believe what I'm seeing. THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS!!!!. You know my DR was SO doubtful that this could still be Juviderm, was SO convinced the these hideous bags were "festoons", that it even crossed my mind he was giving me a placebo just to see if it was emotional) My eyes are back! I could scream it on a mountaintop : VITRASE WORKS! I still have another injection scheduled for March 11 the but I have to say the transformation is miraculous. I'm still swollen, but I would say 50% has shrunk away! which is just astounding, because I had the worst case I'd seen. I'm thinking of using some Vitrase on my upper lip now, because I have 2 big lumps on the left side, and my lips are a mess from that Juviderm. So I will definitely keep everyone posted, & when I get the time, I'm going to post a review with pictures. Because THESE DOCTORS BETTER WISE UP ABOUT JUVIDERM, and the risks, the amount of time it can "hang around", and what happens when it lasts that long, how it DOES move around the face, dissolves UNEVENLY over time, and most of all how it's ruining lives, causing emotional despair it's causing more and more people out there. I don't know WHAT I'd do if there was no dissolver, and I don't wanna even imagine. This is life and death folks, because I, for the first time in my life, really didn't feel like living anymore. Thank god for all of YOU posting your experiences!!!!!
I know how you felt about not wanting to live like that. It's very mentally draining. Between my eyes & my scars I felt so useless not wanting to go anywhere or do anything. At least I got my eyes back & am still going on wed to see if I can get a little more for the outside part where they were the worst. I does ruin lives. The one girl I told you about tried to commit suicide because she thought she was permanently deformed. No one told her about the dissolver. It's hard to go by a lot of reviews, some say not to get it others are thrilled to get it Another lady had juve under her eye & the doctor put too much Vitrase & it dissolved her lower lid to where she had to get surgery. So go slow. Read up on Vitrase for the lips. I'm sure it will take it down but some said it left them with dents so make sure he knows what he's doing. Just a little each time. Keep me posted. I'll let you know how it goes on Wed after seeing him again. Round 4 A lot of doctors don't know what their doing, they don't read up on the things that can happen, they should get on realself or damage boards to see how a lot react to this stuff.