Juvederm Nightmare - I would not recommend it to anyone - Anaheim, CA

This is a total nightmare, I would not recommend...

This is a total nightmare, I would not recommend it to anyone. Juvederm under eyes are a big mistake!!

A month ago,I had Juvederm injected under my eyes.I simply wented to take away some fine lines under my eyes, so my Dr. said Juvederm works good. Trusting him was a big mistake! He opened up one box of Juvederm &injected me into the right eye. The remainder of that shot was injected into the left eye.

He said,"OOPS"and I was alarmed! What's wrong I said? Oh,I ran out of the product, I have to open up another box, which will cost you $350 more!! Well,what are my choices? To complete and balance both eyes, I had to agree with it. He charged me $450 for the 1st box,and the total I paid was $900. I beleive he did that for his financial gain.

After he was done, I looked in the mirror and saw both eyes were swellen and they were puffy. My eye size decrease drastically!No patient follow up was done by the Dr. or his office. For few days,my eyes were brused,puffy and some part of the left eye was like a double bag under it.

Now,after 4 weeks,my eyes look awful. Juvederm can not be reversed!I had another Dr. to look at it, he told me not to touch it, be patient and wait it out! I did this to look good for my September wedding, now I have to postpone this for another year due to this nightmare. I'm not sure,this will be over after my body obserb the product in 6-9 months! Has anyone had a nightmare like mine and has been able to fix the problem? Please let me know.

Ladies please be careful, there are lots of scams out there, but months of looking in the mirrors and regreting what you have done!!

understand not all doctors are a ripoff....u need to do your homework..and you need to talk to other clients that have had the same procedure done that your having done....and always do your homework before you decide on a doctor that will be doing your procedure...I have had juvederm done in my nasolabial folds and they looked great....and the filler can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase...be patient and wait a few months before you decide to do anything else...it takes time for it to somewhat dissipate and it gathers water when you have it injected...I think you are jumping the gun...you need to be patient.....good luck to you
I have a NIGHTMARE with voluma the new filler from juvederm. This one last for two years. Please post pictures if you can. I feel horrid without a ton of make up on.
darkeyecircles. Is the voluma near your eyes?? Where is it that your having problems? Did you try any kind of dissolver yet?
same position only mine wanted to charge me 960 and use way too much
Hey Biggy, When I had the juve under my eyes they felt sore from being puffy. When I got the dissolver it didn't hurt at all. Not even the injection site no bruising either but we're all different. I had the hylenex 3 times 2 months after it was injected & it worked but after having my eyes puffy for so long they looked tired & looked like I had lose skin, I wanted another shot because I felt like I still had puffiness near the end of my eyes only lower this time so I do think some of it migrated down a bit, why wouldn't it, it migrated under my whole eye when he only put it at the end. My doctor said he never saw anyone with puffy eyes after juve injections, supposedly I was the first. How come we all know from these boards about it migrating & being bad for eyes but they don't & their doctors injecting people?!! The doctor didn't want to put more hylenex in, he said 3 was enough & to wait out the rest to go away on its own. Ahhh, no thanks doc, you wait!!! I'm the one living with it. So I went to another doctor. I told him about the juvederm. He knew that happens. So now I'm having the pillows taken out surgically, he said it could be fat or how my eyes changed because of the juve but I know I didn't have it before juve. He's going inside my eyes so no scars to take it out. I'm trying a fat transfer now, not directly under my eyes but near my eyes. He says surgery is the best for under eyes. I also heard that from a few other doctors. It's amazing how one can say it's great & others say no. I had sculptra a couple years ago near my mouth & temples. What a waste that was. It's going on 3 yrs & I occasionally get a lump near my mouth that I have to massage away. A few doctors I met with won't use it . If it goes bad you can't get rid of it. I don't want anyone who doesn't know enough about what their injecting. We trust them. We're the ones who have to live with their mistakes & it's a bitch getting up each day when you have to deal with the consequences of a doctor who didn't know when it's their job to know what's good or bad or what kind of reactions you can have. At least tell us. I would never gotten it if he told me it wasn't meant for under eyes.
Hi Sats - thanks so much for sharing more about the soreness with the puffy. I've read somewhere differently that is may be a delayed allergic reaction along with the migration. Juvederm sucks! I've had radiesse probably 4 x and it never did this. But know I am totally gun shy and may just live with what I have and be happy about it!!! One thing you said prompted a hearty LOL - it was this: "Ahhh, no thanks doc, you wait!!! I'm the one living with it." HELL YEAH! I mean I understand their concern of overdoing it with the antidote, but they need to get real about this migration - especially around the eyes. That's just a scary as hell experience! Thanks again! Biggy
Which dr are you seeing now for surgical removal?
Hi Sats - have you had surgery yet for the juvederm pillows? I am wondering how you're doing? I may have to do something similar if the hyaluronidase doesn't get it all out. Hope all is well...Biggyc
Hey biggyc, Thanks for thinking about me. No I didn't have surgery when my eye blew up. It was huge for 2 months. I had him put a little Hylenex. I had to have it done 3 times & it took care of it Thank God. All gone. No dents from using it. I had read horror stores about using dissolver so i took it seriously but I couldn't take the way my eye was any longer. I was lucky that it worked. He didn't even think it was the juvederm since he only put a little at the ends of my eyes. Only one blew up. I'm weird, things like that happen to me. I'm always the one that gets screwed. I didn't want it in any longer & it wasn't going down. So he put a little Hylenex in at a time & when he saw it was going down after the first time I went back 2 more times little at a time. My doctor took full responsibility & gave it to me for free. I read that some have to pay for it. Hylenex is more expensive. I don't want to tell you to get it if your concerned about the side effects like some say they get & I believe them. We're all different. But I took a chance especially since I read that it could last a long time in there too. So I think the hyaluronidase will work for you. It should. Just go slow, maybe a few visits. See how it does then go back a week or two later for more. Let me know how your doing. Since then I had more stuff done. Fat transfer & lift for my scars. Just had more juvederm in my scars on my cheek & it looks good. Never having it near my eyes again ever. Just for my scars on my cheeks. I want to see how the fat transfer works out so i have at least 4 more months to see how much will stay. I think the next time I want my eyes to look good I'll get a good doctor & have surgery since I'm older. Let me know how it goes for you. I'm sure you'll be ok. It takes time. Baby steps, I know how you feel but if your using hyaluronidase I'm sure it will go away, maybe not the first time but the 2nd is much better at least for me. Slow & steady Sats.
Hey Biggie, I just realized i did have surgery inside my eyes.. the doctor went through my eyes to do the fat transfer & I guess he cleaned it out. Dam i forgot since it's ok now. How can i forget that?? Talk about being scatter brained. He said he had to do a lot of work around that area and he said that my cheek area was hard to put the fat in because I had sculptra there a couple years ago for scars. It didn't do anything for them. That stuff lasts forever. After surgery I had 2 bumps under my eye, again He check it out & thought i might have an infection so he gave me drops and i went to see an ophthalmologist & they said it wasn't an infection. They didn't know what it was. So I went back to my PS and he said to wait, it might be from all the work done there it could be blood, so I waited it out & the lumps went away. I can't believe i forgot that. It was scary. I guess i forgot because it's been few weeks ago & now my mind is on my FL. Geez i am getting old. I better look into going into a retirement home instead of looking for PS
Who did the surgery to remove everything and how long before surgery did you have sculptra sats?
Hey depressed, I had surgery with Dr Bradlow in Philly. He is so sweet and caring. I had sculptra put in 2 times a couple years ago & it didn't do anything for me, just left a hard bump inside my chin by my mouth. it comes and goes. He said when he tried to add fat to me in my cheeks where i had some that it was very hard. He had a hard time putting the needle in. so never again will i get anything permanent like that. They say it goes away after 2 yrs but I don't feel it leaving. He put juve in a scar that really bothered me and did a good job. I had it put there before but didn't like it by other doctors. It looked like a donut instead of being flat. Nicest doctor i ever met.
I am absolutely in your shoes. The bad news is, it's a year later, and nothing changed; Maybe worse, because the bags of Juviderm slid very low down my cheeks..It's a horror show. I've never had bags, and now I have HUGE, kidney shaped bags halfway down my face. The only salvation, is that I am told there ARE injections that can dissolve it, and I am looking into it presently. Unfortunately, these doctors don't know enough about this stuff they're pushing. Stay away from Juviderm, especially around the eyes and lips, as I ruined my lips too.
Do the hyluronidaise it will help
The Juvederm got under muscle tissue causing the same kind of bags. I had to get the bags lasered because the doctors I went to for vitrase didn't inject it under the muscle tissue. The Juvederm lasts a very long time before it is completely dissolved, Much longer than one year. I would say to ask them to inject deep in those areas in case the Juvederm is under your muscle tissue and elevating it. The laser caused indentions, on my face, where the areas were raised and lasered off.
Hi ladies - I believe I am having the very same issue with Juvederm. I've only had radiesse before, so this time I had juvederm instead. The PS was originally just going to put it in my nose to straighten the appearance (that worked pretty well.) He had more in the syringe, so he put it on the left part of my face where he noticed a hollowness. This space is between my eye and nose. Well, it started swelling up and aching - after the 5th month. Which was the most confusing part. Before that, it was normal and looked fine. So I do think it migrates! He was perplexed by it when I went back. Never had seen it before. But he did give me the reversal injection for free. Nicely :) This was done yesterday. THere is a little change, but still hurts. And it's achy. Did your swelling ache? I guess that's natural, if it's grabbing the fluid in my face and is water retention. But it seemed odd to him, too. But then, he'd never seen this before. So that's my question ladies - did your abnormal Juvederm swelling ache or was it tender?
My swelling aches also. Are you doing better now?
Thanks go out to depressedgirl for letting me know about hylenex. For 2 months I've had puffy eyes from juve. Went on the steroids. They didn't work at all. I knew about having it dissolved but didn't know which kind to get til she told me about hylenex. I had to go for 2 injections. The first one didn't do a lot since he only put it in one spot, the end of my eye where he said was the only place he put the juve. It worked a bit but had to go back for more. I just had it done today, this time he put a few needles in around the lower eye area. I think it's working. I'm a little puffy from being shot up so much but it looks like it's going down. I'll let you know in a couple days to see the final results. If anyone is going through this I know it's hell, I couldn't wait since I already have scar problems & this was too much, my nerves couldn't take it anymore. I forgot how my eyes looked, they were puffy for so long that now I'm afraid my eyes will look lose underneath for a while but it's better than looking like I was punched in the face. Never do juve under the eyes again!!! I'm lucky that my doctor is doing this for free. I know some doctors won't take the blame, leave it up to you to take care of the problem or make you pay for their mistake. I was lucky this time. My resurfacing doctor told me he would take care of any problems that came up but I didn't know that meant he would leave the room when I showed him them & never come back.
Did anyone try steroids to bring down the swelling? I was just put on a steroid pac for 6 days for the puffy eye I got from a tad bit of juve placed under my eye going on a month ago.. I'm on day 3 of the pills, it looks a bit better but would like to hear from anyone who had good or bad luck if their doctor gave them the steroids to try before using an injection to bring it down. Thanks
The last dr I saw did not want to prescribe steroids. Her reasoning was that I would look worse than I do now from the side effects. She said it could cause weight gain and pimply skin
It has been about 16 months for me with no change. I'm meeting with another doctor this week to have more dissolved. I am terrified that it may cause more issues but I look awful now.
He did mention I could get water weight gain, that I didn't mind esp if it would help my eyes. He also said it would plump up my cheek area where I had the juve. for my scars. That I didn't mind either. So far no pimples. I've been reading all the reviews & I noticed one person said they used the 6 day pac & it helped so I wanted to try this first before getting any desolver since I read a lot of bad things about it too but if it doesn't I'll try a little of the desolver. I can't take this much longer. I'll let you know how it goes. I still have 3 1/2 days left. I'm hoping it works like it did for the other girl who tried it. Did you try to have it desolved?
Oh i just asked if you tried to desolve it. It didn't work for you?? I know a lot said they had to go back a few times to have it completly gone. I hope the stroids work. He only put a little dap in so I wasn't worried. It's been a month & I'm going nuts. 16 months is a long time!! Nothing changed after your 1st injection? How much did they put under your eyes? I thought it was supposed to desolve on it's on in 6 to 12 months.
Hi Annie! I just wanted to wish you a happy New Year, and hope you find the help you need. I'm still having all sorts of issues myself. Take care.
Ask about having an injection of the hyluronidaise. It helped me