Jessner's Peel Worthless

My Jessner's peel was on Monday, on Thursday my...

My Jessner's peel was on Monday, on Thursday my skin started getting crinkly with little sheets coming off over the next few days. I thought this would have a better result than other types of facials I have tried since I could actually see that sheets of skin were getting exfoliated. It didn't do a thing for me.

For the days of looking bad with dirty looking skin and crinkly peeling skin, I could have had some sort of better deeper procedure from a doctor that gives some real results.

the last sentence was dirty
You have to do it more than once to see results. I would say it took about six or me to notice a decrease in scars and pigmentation.
On day 5 and no peeling- my skin looks like shit! Pores still visibly this shits weak!!!
JESSNERS IS FULL OF POOP
Any prep work you'd advice before getting ajessner peel? Preferably something I could do myself.
I just had my first Jessner's peel 6 days ago, and it's been a process! On days 4 and 5 the peeling started, but underneath the shedding layers of skin, my skin had broken out really badly. I had a full on whitehead goatee and really red, painful pimples all over my cheeks and forehead. It's day 6, and my skin looks awful. At least most of the major peeling ended today. I don't know... I'm trying to stay calm. The results could still be beautiful in a few days after this acne dies down, so I'll wait till then to make the call.
Can't wait to hear about your results! I bet you will be very happy!
I had my first Jessners peel 4 days ago, only thing I have noticed was a tighting of my skin. no peeling any were on face just alittle flaking on chin and on nose, but nothing more than I would get from an over the counter scrub. I have 2 more peels scheduled I hope they give me more results. Has this happened to anyone else?
That is very typical for the first peel - it has been my experience that the second one in the series is the one that really peels! Don't expect peeling all over - I mostly peel around my nose, on my chin and my forehead. My cheeks don't usually flake. You will really begin to see a difference in your skin after the third one - good luck!
hi i have melasma on my cheeks nd on forehead...i live in uk nd my doctor gave me pipigmanorm creme..i used like three months regular but it dosen make difference..i m very upset and even i cant see my face in mirrior...people give dangeroues luk like i m very ugly sort of..i dun kw wat to do??if anybody can help plz let me kw...i il be very thankful....plz give me sum good advice i should go for peel or not...nd if i hv to go for peel which peel i need to use it...thx
JESSNER'S PEEL REALLY DOES WORK THE THING IS YOU CANT USE IT ALONE YOU HAVE TO MIX IT WITH ANOTHER PEEL. I HEARD SALYCIC ACID REALLY DOES THE TRICK BUT FOR ME I TRIED A 30% TCA PEEL AND COMBINED IT WITH THE JESSNER'S PEEL IT REALLY DID WONDER FOR MY SKIN NOTE!!!! IF YOU REALLY WANT YOUR SKIN TO IMPROVE WITH THIS YOU HAVE TO EAT HEALTHY NO JUNK FOOD NO DAIRY AND NO BREAD!!!!! ALSO DRINK LITERALLY 8 GLASSES OF WATER DONT SKIP ONE THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT TRUST ME!!!! THE FIRST TIME I DID A PEEL I ATE WHATEVER I WANTED AND DURING THE PEELING PROCESS I BROKE OUT:( ATLEAST EAT HEALTHY UNTIL YOU STOP PEELING
JESSNER'S PEEL REALLY DOES WORK YOU JUST HAVE TO COMBINE IT WITH ANOTHER PEEL IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THE RESULTS YOU WANT. I'VE HEARD THAT THE SALYCIC ACID PEEL WORKS WELL COMBINED WITH THE JESSNER'S BUT IN MY EXPIERIENCE I REALLY NEEDED A PICK ME UP I HAD EXTREMELY! DULL SKIN AND MILD ACNE SCARS ASS WELL AS MILD ACNE SO I COMBINED JESSNER'S AND A TCA PEEL TOGETHER IT REALLY DID WONDERS! FOR MY SKIN BUT IF YOU REALL WANT THIS TO WORK YOU HAVE TO EAT HEALTHY AT LEAST UNTIL YOU STOP PEELING THAT MEANS NO DAIRY! NO BREAD! (OR CRACKERS) AND NOOOOOOOOOOO JUNK FOOD! WHEN I DID THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME I ATE WHATEVER I WANTED SO WHILE I WAS PEELING I BROKE OUT:( FOLLOW THIS AND PEOPLE WOULD GIVE YOU THE JEALOUSY LOOK FOR THAT FLAWLESS SKIN THAT YOU'LL GET:) tip: I have a pmd so when I stopped pealing which will happen like in 10 to 12 days I used the personal microdermabrasion it really did great things to skin. my skin isn't flawless but I'm in the process of it I hope this helps:)

What are you using to wash your face? Don't use anything with glycolic, sulfur, benzoly peroxide. Try Obagi new derm foaming wash.

I had a Jessner peel, 1 year ago and my face is hoorible, the skin is so dry and fragail that it breaks and bleeds, I use a very moisturising cream by bioelements on it and I still have the scarring. I'm so upset. What can I do? Please help.

I love Jessner's! The results are amazing. The exfoliation process is a necessary step if you want to correct sun damage, or help with lines. My esthetician gives me a post treatment kit that lasts for the week following my peel. Its something you have to plan ahead for because of the flakiness and peeling. But after 5 days or so - it looks great!
I'm on my 3rd day of Jessner's -- newbie. My skin is very tight and brown blotches, reminds me of a dirty face...will it get better?!?! I'm so worried, at work hiding out.
Yes! It will get better! You should begin peeling any day now and then it typically takes anywhere from 5-7 days for the peeling to subside. Make sure you take of your skin afterward - sunscreen is a MUST! Therapon Skin Health makes a great facial one!
Maybe your expectations were too high about what the jessner peel would do for you? I had had the jessner done one time about a year ago, had dark patches, wrinkles, and peely skin for a week and my skin looked fantastic afterwards. I'm 34 and have enlarged oily pores and occasional ace. My pores look much smaller now and most of the superficial acne scarring I had went away. I even started getting carded again at the bars! I just got another jessner peel because I had another bout of acne and got new scars. They're gone again now though since I had my second jessner.
how long do you normally wait in-between the Jessner's peels?
Jessner's are less irritating than deep phenol peels, and they do produce results. I agree that you may need several before you will see a huge difference, but it will be worthwhile. Hang in there.
I paid $150 for my Jesner's and it was well worth it! I have had 3, and it is getting better all of the time!
the first time I had it done, minimal results for all the peeling I thought maybe it was a waste. But the esthetician told me you need to do several, so I took her word for it that it was not a sales ploy. She was right; I am on peel #3 now and my skin is noticeably different. It glows, it is lovely and I don't bother with foundation, just a bronzer. Others have commented so I know it looks good and I plan to do at least three more. One peel is not going to accomplish much.
I work for a skin care company that carries a Jessner's Peel. We tell our service providers to sell chemical peels in packages ONLY! You will not get great results with just one peel....unless you do a TCA. Jessner's peels normally require 6 to see optimal results, but you should see fairly good results by the fourth peel. Hope this helps...hang in there....they really GREAT peels!
hi can u give me good advice abt my face...

What advice are you looking for? I may be able to help you....