Age 15, Works Great - Indiana

Im a 15 year old girl. Girls are always worried...

Im a 15 year old girl. Girls are always worried about their apperance. I started getting acne in 6th grade. It was so bad. I caked on makeup, but it just made it look worse. I would cry myself to sleep cause I looked so different from the other girls. I went to the dermatologist, and she gave me pills, but they didnt work what so ever. We tried this dermatologist a series of times, but each prescription she gave me made it worse. After I found out about accutane, I started the long process of blood drawing, and birth control. Im now on my six month and could not be more happy with the results. I have not had one zit in months, and it feels great. I have scarring, but its said to go away after 6 months to a year. Im so happy with my skin, I feel like myself again. Im more confident in every way. I reccomend this to EVERYONE. It DOES work. And Im sure you will be amazing by the results. Dont lose hope.

I agree with Gabriella Faith, Accutane does miracles, aftr the treatment you may get one or two but never like before. I've actually had to do two treatment within 10 years, but is is the only miracle pill there is. As far as side effects they only last while your on it, the dryness dissapears right after. Even after you finish your treatment you face gets even better. I'm 42 but I have 3 daughters that suffer acne problems as well. I'm not waiting for them to be all full of scars, I'm going to help them now. I went through so much embarrasment when I was younger.
I loved your story and how you have been so kind in answering everyone! I have tried everything in every combo you ( or my Derm.) could think of. I have moderate PERSISTANT acne and am on week 3 of accutane ( generic) I'M thrilled!! dry lips yes dry skin just starting but compared to 30+ years of this acne.... Im not worried about initial flare up or dry lips and skin.. lol I do have one question. You said your fingers got dry? or peeling? so do you recomend moisturizer all over after showering? You look amazing andIm sure it feels good to have the outside of you match the person you are on the inside :) wish me luck :)
Thank you! And yes! What I did was right before I got out of the shower and I was still wet, I put baby oil on my arms and legs, then when I got out of the shower I would dry my face, and then drying off the skin with baby oil on it the same way. It locks in moisture, and it helps alot :)

I'm also looking into Accutane. I'm actually scheduled to take it next month but I'm honestly considering canceling the appointment. I have dry skin to begin with. So dry that when i put my bare minerals make up, you can see my skin flaking ! HOW EMBARRASSING! Do you think its a great idea for me to go on accutane ( I do have acne ) when i have dry skin like this :(? It's worrying me !

Yes! I had flaky skin too before I started! What I did before I put on makeup was i put moisturizer on my face. That helped with the flaking a lot! If you have acne and want it gone, Accutane is the best way to go! If you already have flaky skin, you probably just wont notice too much change on the dryness of your skin. Just your lips! I wish you the best of luck :)
Consult a specialist, he/she will recommend you the best solution.
What dose where you on and how long for? Also, when you finished, did you get taken straight off or lowered dosage?
I don't remember what dose it was, but it was one of the higher doses and I was on it for 6 months. Also, they just took me right off of it.
Can I ask you a question please! Is it necessary to take Accutane when my period starts or can I take it one week before only? As my pimples are increasing and though my doctor prescribed me to take accutance, but in the information booklet, it states have this medicine should be taken on the first or second day of period. Thanks. Meg
Try Fresh water coconut for the scars as that is a natural healer

Meg...should how long should I sit the coconut water on my face....or do you recommending drinking it?

I recommend you to apply it on your face at least 4-5 times a day and let it dry by itself. It shall take approximately 10 minutes. Make sure you wash your hands before applying coconut water.
My daughter is 14 and her dermotologist is trying one more medicine and if that does not work is going to start her on accutane in December. I was nervous about her starting this, but after reading about your experience and results with this I am more on board with her taking this. Her doctor said she will have to get blood taken once a month, and I am nervous about some of the side effects such as depression, moodiness, etc. Thank you so much for sharing our story, I am really hoping this works for her.
I hope it works for her too :) And yes, I never had depression or moodiness, my doctor told me those arent common side effects, but I wish you both the best of luck, and if your daughter does go on accutane, and you have any questions, Im just a message away :) goodluck :)
sorry 1 last thing. you have two get blood drawn every month???? i am extremely afraid of shots... :( well idk about this anymore.
Its scary at first but after a couple times it doesnt even affect you anymore :)
oh and are you wearing foundation in the pic??
Yes I am. In both, the before and after.
my mom says my skin is fine, but of course she says that. she is my mom... i always ask her for help and stuff with my acne, but i dont think she cares... :( I have been researching for a long time to find the right thing for me. By the way i mainly only get pimples. and like 1 cyst, like a 1 time a year or half. Anyway i have gotton shy(er) since i started having breakouts... and these boys like me too :D only cause i wear foundation. :(... GabriellaFaith you skin looks gorgeous and stuff now! u must be so happy!!! you are also really pretty! Anyway does this stuff like effect you like in anyway besides feeling dry? i dont want to take a risk or anything... Would you recommend this for me??? plz and thank you!! P.S im in 7th grade
No only dryness! and thank you so much that means alot to me :)
Iv been on acnetane for like, three weeks and I b flipping olready. I got chapped lips and they dry and it seems tht they swollen o sumn and they also pink. Thr are small pimples appearing on left and ryt side o the nose and on ma left side o ma lips. Aftr lifting weights ma back is alwyz in pain so now I'm wondering, are ol these after affects ever gnna fade cz I cnt evn look myself in the mirror nor look pepo in the eyez.
Your acne is gonna get worse before it gets better. So give it a couple months! Wash your face after every workout, and yes they will fade. I had back aching too.
Gabriella, do you suggest this to people who have middle severe (if that makes sense) cystic acne? Like 2-5 cysts.