Bad Experience with Juvederm - Medicine Hat, AB

Hi there While this may not be the case with...

Hi there

While this may not be the case with everyone, in my experience Juvederm is a huge waste of money. If you are going to get it done and you sign a consent form I would write on it "If this doesn't last more than 6 months I want my money back" Do NOT sign a consent that says it may not work and that is your problem.

My story. I went in for botox and signed the general consent that says that they are not liable if the product doesn't work. It was "spas products", it didn't say either botox or Juvederm. I had botox before and knew it would work, so what the heck. I signed it.

Two months later I was only going in for a consult for my lip lines above my lips (not the lower lines) The physician already told me that he probably wouldn't use any "filler" (I didn't know much about them except they were expensive. He brought in the director from out of town (Female doctor "Burger") to help him decide what to do.

This Dr Burger was a total sales woman. She managed to size up my face and put a "bit of filler here and there". She talked so fast, I didn't know how much I was paying. I was guessing around $1000,,but was fearing it would be upwards of $1500. I wasn't too worried though because she said I would only need a "top up" in 7 months.

When I left the office, my bill was $3575!!! $3087 was filler,,the rest botox. But did I look good?! ,,,,for 4 weeks....then I noticed it wasn't as full. Then at 5 weeks I looked like before anything was done.

They used 6 syringes,,,to lift my cheeks (decreasing the smile lines) in the smile lines, marionette lines, etc.

I called the office and got the run around for 2-3 weeks. Finally the physician called me after consulting with the director. She had been sent recent pictures and she said that the cheeks had deflated too fast and she suggested that he put another syringe in each cheek, but to only charge me "Cost"...my share would be $600,,their $600ish.

I said that there is no point in putting any more filler in since two more syringes isn't going to help if the first 6 didn't work. I asked if since they were going to give me $600 worth of free filler to just give me the refund of that money instead,,OR give me botox units worth $600.

They said no to both, and the director wrote me a reply that said that it was my fault that the juvederm wore off so quickly since I am a runner and that she told me not to run for 6 weeks and I had been running. She also said that I was to avoid extreme cold weather and putting my ski goggles on too soon would cause it to absorb. She said that the physician told her I said I was still running 4 days a week for 40 minutes at a time so due to my "non compliance the juvederm wore off. She also said that if you get into a car and drive it into a brick wall you cannot go to the dealership and ask for your money back,,,and this is similar,,,what???

The handout I was given was to not do strenuous activity for 24 hours,,,she told me 36 hours which contradicted the info I was given, but I stuck to the 36 hours. When I called to say that the juvederm wore off too quickly, the physician questioned if I was running too much. I told him that I have been running over 10 years (so my body is used to it) and as of late not more than 40 minutes. AND it is September,,,,ski season doesn't start until late November!

In all the literature I have read (and called to the Juvederm company) there is no evidence to support what Dr Burger said about exercise causing Juvederm to absorb faster. Also,,the stuff is supposed to last MINIMUM of 6 months...up to and even longer than a year.

So the director is unethical and I have sought legal advice. I am waiting for my appointment, as I am not sure if the consent would hold up since I had no idea I was getting filler that day,,and when I signed the consent two months earlier, I had no idea that I was signing it for all future treatments.

Just my 2 cents...
Terrie

Dr Dia Burger, Hummingbird Medispa

Online

As with anything, the people who whine and complain always have the most comments. And of course no ones knows if all or in fact any of this is true. And to the person who is planning to get treatment and not pay the bill, you should expect criminal charges to be laid, as that would clearly be theft. The human body is a fickle machine at best and everyone is different. Not to mention, if you have already been to every doctor in town, that sort of says something about you, doesn't it? Are you welcome back at ANY of them?
Hey...I've been to her three times for botox...first time maybe 20 some units...lasted about a mth...so topped it up...lasted no longer...third time I had 40 units put in my forehead. Agin it lasted about a mth and a half...asked on fourth visits if I could put less units in she said no...although I had been to other doctors and had less units but ended up with the same result...she said no we would have to continue to just do 40 units each time...what a crock of shit...she's a money grabber. Brings u up to the cash then tries to convince her confidant that they need to book you in for other crap....try to get you in there...like they did with me with fillers and lasers ...but after that visits when she said she couldn't lessen my botox amount I knew she was full of crap...I've been elsewhere like I said and had less done and been just as good as her 40 units. She does not know any more than any other doctor here in town doing those procedures...just wants to make a buck off of us supposedly stupid paying customers....but I've been to a few different ones....and can call her bluff.waste of money...not to mention most expensive in town.
I have been to her three times for notox...which lasted maybe tops a mth and a half....this is with 40 units...so after that I asked if she ould put in less cause i had had it done elsewhere before and they used less and I ended up with the same results anyways...she said no that she would have to use atleast 40 units again or it would not work....bull crap.....I have gone elsewhere again and got 20 units and same result....she is a money hungry idiot.
You could all consider not doing any of it...saving your money...drinking more water...eating well and aging gracefully. Dr. Burger is an amazing Physician both in and out of the spa.
I also had a terrible experience with Dr. Burger! Went in for Botox, she casually asked about my skin care regime. I explained that I have struggled with acne my entire life but my skin was finally under control and at a place where I was happy with it. Well, she completely tore apart my skin care regime, telling me I was destroying my skin and aging myself terribly blah blah blah, and then pressured me into buying $500 worth of skin care products which I couldn't afford (hubby was a student and she was aware of this-- heck couldn't really afford the Botox either). The products she sold me immediately made me break out in acne terribly so I went back to see her and asked for a refund which she refused and she said this was a normal initial reaction and I just needed to use it for 3 months and my skin would be amazing. Used it for three months and my skin was the worst it had ever been in my life. I went back and asked for a refund again and she refused. I also asked for a referral to a dermatologist to deal with my new acne problem which she agreed to but didn't get around to doing the referral for at least 3-4 months. I quit using the expensive skin care line and I couldn't seem to get my skin under control after that. I finally got in to see the dermatologist months later and he gave me a copy of the referral letter that she sent him-- she had stated that I was a "difficult patient" and stated that I had refused her suggestion to use birth control pills, among other lies. The dermatologist could see right through her crap, which is why he gave me a copy of the letter (I didn't ask for it). I ended up going on Accutane and my skin is very scarred as a result of this whole ordeal. Bottom line: She did a great job of my Botox but I will never go back strictly because of her ethics.
A friend who used to work for this Dr Dia Burger you're talking about, said she bad mouth other doctors in the same business. It was said she even has her new staff posing as potential clients going to other medi spa, checking for pricing and the type of machines.
what complete bullcrap, I've been getting Juverderm for a few years and although I am not happy that on me it wears off in a little less than 6 months but I'd be furious if it only lasted 5 weeks! They owe you, they overcharged you to begin with and that running thing is pure crap..100% boloney! I went to a medspa once and got ripped off..they didn't reumburse me but I certianly told them off and in front of potential customers =))...that was my only revenge but I only spent $1000.00 and change..not over 3k..make them pay! btw your results were spectacular, to bad they didn't last at least 6 months :-(
Hi I have contacted a lawyer. If that doesn't work I am going to go to her spa (when a different doctor is in) fill up with about $800 botox, pedi, mani, etc and leave without paying...that is my temptation. Whether I will actually do it ,,,there is a fight with my ethics the angel and devil on each shoulder :)
lol..that sound like a good idea..in theory "-) hope you get remimbursed in some way though...good luck!
You may be blacklisted at the spa already.
This story of yours sounds fishy to me. I would take this with a few grains of salt.