Rhinoplasty...turned out Okay, I Guess. - Houston, TX

Don't get me wrong. My new nose is better than my...

Don't get me wrong. My new nose is better than my old nose. But its still VERY CLEARLY crooked. Looks crooked (sometimes broken, depending on the angle) in pictures. Even my best friend, who puts a positive spin on everything, could only muster a "well, its not that noticeable until you point it out..." and no, I'm not still waiting for it to heal...it's been 2+ years! Dr. Athre only saw me once for a followup, 3 months after the procedure (I could already see it was crooked, but was hoping that maybe it was just uneven swelling, because more work was needed on one side than another...which he reassured me was in fact the case). So I guess I'll either try some kenalog injections (who knows if those will help at this point) or get a revision in a few years once I have more disposable income.

Pics

two pictures of me, from Jul 2014 (2+ years after surgery)

reassessment

Alright, so after contacting them, I got a call from the office today offering a free re-evaluation and whatever needs to be done to make things right for me. So while I understand the uncertain nature of plastic surgery (or any surgery really), a lot of my dissatisfaction was feeling that my unhappiness with the results was unimportant to them. Given that they have now offered to make things right whenever I am able to get back to the office, I feel better about the situation - though I will withhold final judgment until the end result is seen.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi there - I had surgery with Dr. Athre on Jun 19th. Could you post some pics for us? I would really like to see your results and I look forward to hearing what they say to you about the revision. Feel free to private message me if you'd like :) Thanks!
I am so sorry that your nose did not turn out the way you hoped. Please, get some other opinions before going to your original surgeon. Remember, doc's pay for marketing. Even if a doctor is a facial plastic surgeon, that does not mean he is great at noses. Check the before and afters on the website. The afters should not be done right after surgery. The irregularities of a nose job show up after the swelling has gone down. Even the best doctors will have unhappy patients, because mistakes are made and miscommunication occurs. Look up reviews on doctors in your state. Find real patients and look at real pictures. Look for someone who does a lot of noses and a good amount of revisions with consistent results. You can call Dr. Grigoryants office and e-mail your op-note,with pictures. He will get back to you and advise. I am looking for a revision doctor too, but the doc's in my state do not have great revision results. Therefore, I need to go out of state. Good luck to you!
can y'all stop with the spam please? i live in texas, there are a million plastic surgeons. there is no way i'm traveling to CALIFORNIA to see some random doctor that someone is being paid to tell me stories about via the internet. ugh.
Sorry if I upset you, but I did say to look up doctors in your state. I am not being paid by anyone. I myself have a bad rhinoplasty and went for a slight revision by the same doctor and it was made worse. Some doctors are not as good as others. Best luck!
Amen sister!! Now your a smart girl who has done her homework! You have chose wisely! You will not be disappointed with Dr. Grigoryants! Hes amazing!
Hey Hun soo sorry :( you need to see Dr. Grigoryants in Cali he's AMAZING!!! Did my nose and omg what a transformation! He will completely fix it and make it beautiful! If you have any questions please just ask I'm on here too with before and after pics it's mind blowing!
You know what that was really hateful and ungrateful!!! I'm trying to help you! The best surgeons are in Cali!! Period! I traveled all the way from North Carolina and let me tell you it was sooo worth it! So if you want another botched nose job stay in Texas! Dr Griforyants is known world wide for his nose jobs! I just know he could make yours beautiful! I could show you before and Afters of mine that would change your mind but it's clear you don't want help so be it! Good luck !
no thanks. and do you really not think it seems a little strange that two different people show up over the course of two days avidly supporting the same doctor from three states over? i smell a ringer, and i don't need anyone's disingenuous offers of "help". while my surgery may have not come out the best, that doesn't mean there are no competent doctors in texas, that the best ones are in cali, or even that my doctor was bad (sometimes things just don't turn out right...surgery has a certain element of uncertainty). but for you, and any other overzealous supporters of this doctor, i'm not interested, please leave me alone. thanks.
Perhaps its because he's SOOO good! Hello! He's the most popular doctor on here and for a reason! Wishful thinking if you think your surgeon is going to fix that! Open your eyes everyone on here is just trying to help not hurt you! Good luck hun!
Lol OK, whatever you say. Please leave me alone now thanks.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm really not sure what part of GO AWAY you're not understanding. Just BC I can see through your flimsy facade and called you out, you're all mad. I've already reported this whole exchange to real self in hopes that they'll remove all your nonsense. With that in mind, I'm done interacting with you (or anyone trying to market to me rather than share genuine opinions, which is what this site is about)
First of all there's nothing fake about me! I was on here just like you trying to find a good doctor and thanks to all the great reviews and questions I found Dr. Grigoryants. You can look me up under proud to be a grigoryants girl iam not just making all this up one nor am I being paid but your in denial honey. Not sure why your even on here if you don't want help. Rant over good luck
You're really rude. Lol
Do you have before pictures? Thanks for sharing your story:)
Thanks so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf!