34 Y.o. Breast Implant Exchange, Bilateral Capsulectomy and Mastopexy - Houston, TX

Dr. Vitenas and each member of his staff have made...

Dr. Vitenas and each member of his staff have made me feel at ease from the beginning and continue to do so. I was born with a tubular breast on my right side and my breasts were uneven. I had a breast augmentation in 2005 from another surgeon who placed saline implants above the muscle and put them in through my navel. I was pleased, but over time they began to harden and the right one started moving up toward my collar bone which made my nipples increasingly uneven. Pain began a few months ago to where I was unable to continue exercising. Dr. Vitenas told me I had developed capsular contractures. He informed me of his treatment plan, which included pre-draining of my implants (which terrified me, but understood the reasoning and trusted his judgement), then surgical removal of saline implants, removal of scar tissue, implant exchange from saline to silicone under the muscle, placement of strattice, and a lift, as I wanted smaller breasts. To me, this was a lot of surgery and I was so scared, but was comforted by Dr. Vitenas and all his staff. Surgery went well and I am recovering well. Pain was very much controlled and removal of drains was not as bad as I had imagined. I could not be more pleased with the symmetry of my breasts, nipples, and the scars are not an issue with me. I am not even 3 weeks post-op and feeling good, pain is minimal, just a little tightness at this point. I know the best is yet to come. I highly recommend Dr. Vitenas and his staff.

3 week Post op

Pre-op

I have been asked about my previous size and why I chose to go with a smaller size and lift. I found a pre-op picture taken just before my implants were deflated. As you can see, the capsular contraction on the right was moving up toward my collarbone and my nipple pointing down and to the side. The scars from the lift and my smaller size were definitely worth it to me.

2 days post-op

5 week Post-Op

I am feeling better by the day. My range of motion is almost back. I'm getting more comfortable touching and feeling my new body parts. I have soreness still but mainly in morning and at night. I am a little more sore in the breast fold and it feels pretty tight and "thicker" or "squishy" by the incision site. It's hard to describe. It would be nice to have something/someone to compare with! How was everyone else at 5 weeks?

7 month Post Op

I am feeling much better! The worst part has been the muscle tightness in my shoulders and back from hunching over and shrugging my shoulders for weeks and weeks. Please please if you have this procedure done, try to be aware of how you are standing/sitting and try not to strain your shoulders or back while recovering! At this point my neck, shoulders, and back hurt way more than my breasts. I am happy with my results, mainly the pain from the CC is gone and my clothes fit better. I am smaller and people keep telling me i look like I have lost weight! My right breast is still a little "tubular" but that's how I was born so, let it be! This is me! And you can't tell when I have on a bra or clothes. Of course I am more critical than anyone else. Getting back to feeling like myself! Best wishes and a speedy recovery to all having this procedure!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Very thorough, gives good explanations, excellent care and attention to detail. Patient coordinator and clinical staff excellent as well.

Your scars look perfect. Your revision looks great. Thank you for sharing your journey.
I had Strattice also with my cap con revision in Houston, too, and I am 3 months post right now. I slept with a wedge pillow for 5 weeks, so that helped neck and back pain. I never had pain from the cc, but when it started developing, it quickly changed my boobs, so I had surgery within a few months of it's initial detection. So glad you are healing well!!!
Ok. I saw you 7 week pics. Mostly of scars. Which look awesome by the way. Can u send a frontal pic? See mine? Do you kinda see what I'm talking about? I'll take some later when I hopefully return from ps follow up w/o tape...
I will send a frontal pic as soon as possible! I do see what you're talking about. I just got back from PS and he really manipulated my implants! I screamed!! But they feel much softer now and he told me to aggressively move them with specific exercises! I'm sorry you are dealing with all this! I am still forbidden from wearing a bra! I am kind of enjoying being a hippie though ;) xoxo
I thought I was being aggressive with them, but apparently not bc he squeezed the life out of them!! It actually feels much better now though! Much more like me.
I'm 7 weeks out. Had the same thing. I had lift on the left only. Your incisions look really, really good. Mine not so much. I would really like to see your 7 week pics. Like you, I would like something to compare to. I'm not really liking the "look" they are wide and make my upper chest look wide. I'm nota wide person. I'm smaller framed. Getting softer but aren't "moving" or feeling natural. Been told to wait and be patient. So I am waiting. Go to ps tda to remove tape around arreola, as I have still not seen them. I pray to God these breast settle if that's what they have to do and look "natural" which is all I really wanted...I just recently got back my range of movement as I had been told not to raise my arms for weeks and weeks. I had pain up to recently also where I kinda walked around massaging my boobs...
I thought I posted a 7 week pic, but if you can't see it let me know. Mine are getting softer as the days go by. I'm rolling into my sides better in bed and my range of motion is at 90%. I still have some muscle spasms near the armpit. I gently massage and put some anti inflammatory essential oil cream on muscles but not near the scars. I'm doing light yoga. I am at PS now for follow-up. Hang in there ;)
Was the surgery done in two steps or all at once?i have the same situation as you and my surgeon want to remove the old implants and wait 2months and than lift and replace.
It was done all at once. I had a consult with another surgeon who wanted to wait. I didn't want to go under two times if at all possible.
Alliecat would love to see some progress pics if u wouldn't mind...
wow you look so pretty
You're sweet! Thank you! I feel so much better! How are you?
I can't wait to see your progress pics. Already so nice
You didn't mention implant sizes from first and second surgery. How come you chose to downsize? Why not avoid lift and stay same size?
I was a very large D some bra places said I was a DD. I was around 330cc in left breast and 500cc in right breast. They always felt too big, cumbersome and kept me from being as active as I wanted, also clothes just never fit the right way. I am now a C cup and love the size.
True and the scars will fade. I have some ptosis in R breast which I assume is from years of wearing my purse and one shoulder strap and on my R shoulder however due to my hypertrophic enlarged scars I refuse to do lift since it is not major droop
Really glad to be able to share this experience with you all! It helps the mental recovery :)
Will try to get some photos this weekend x
Hey guys, so I saw my surgeon yesterday at 9 days post-op. He is pleased as the incisions are clean and dry, no signs of infection,phew. Now I just have steri strips on the scars. Again I only saw my boobs lying down. Later that day, I did have a look. Hmmm. I think actually, my left breast is gonna look pretty good, but my right side, where I had a tubular deformity, looks pretty weird to me. Not a nice shape :( My surgeon said to be patient, give it time for things to settle. I will see him in 3 weeks. However, I am not convinced that my right breast is ever gonna look normal without further surgical intervention. This makes me feel pretty low. Even though I was prepared for the fact that I may need more surgery, u kinda hope u don't right?
I feel the same that my left will look great, the right (tubular one) is a little more cone shaped than the other, but my nipples are even and I am trusting that it will look better over time. And I am pretty sure it will be unnoticeable once I am wearing a bra. Hang in there!
Wow allliecat1116,we are in the same boat then! Yes I too believe that my nipples appear to be at the same height. However on my right side,the nipple is not centered on the new breast shape,so it looks odd. I believe this relates to the distance between the nipple to IMF,as it seems much shorter on the right side. Yes time is all we have right now x
Always kinda hope that this is it the last surgery I'll ever have. You always want to "love what you see" and not have to wait and see to know if you'll love them or not???? Not sure I made sense...
I totally get u. I didn't know what exactly to expect, but I guess I did expect my abnormal breast to finally look normal. I kinda peeked again earlier,and actually I'm not even sure that my nipple is the same height :(
IMF? How have you been feeling? How long post-op are you now?
totally makes since! It has been so weird as I have literally changed breast sizes 3 times in a little over 3 weeks. With my initial implants, the deflation (4 days pre-op), and now my new size. I am getting more used to my new shape by the day! How are you feeling?