My Fabulous Rhinoplasty - Houston, TX

PROS: -Facial balance -My face looks more...

PROS:

-Facial balance
-My face looks more beautiful than I expected
-Breathing significantly better
-Felt confident in my plastic surgeon's ability to perform "perfect" or as close to results
-Improved self-esteem, in regards to my nose
-Less pain than anticipated
-Fabulous doctor (Dr. Mentz is a Plastic Surgeon that I highly recommend)!

CONS:

-Excessive swelling
-Post surgery blues, due to inability to resume my usual five day a week workouts for over three weeks, feelings of isolation and pain meds (yuck!)

UPDATE- Super successful chin...

UPDATE- Super successful chin augmentation/revision. Dr. Mentz is an honorable, professional, artistic plastic surgeon who I rate "The Best of Texas!"

Dr. Henry Mentz receives a 5 star rating in all categories from me.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

I devoted over a year of my time and energy consulting with the known "best" doctors in the area. I had seven consults with other doctors before deciding on Dr. Mentz. He has excellent bedside manner, in addition, he is triple board certified and his work is beautiful art. I will consider him a five-star plastic surgery expert!

Can I ask how much his consultation was and a ballpark of the overall procedure? Did you consult with Dr. Siegel, Funk or Bressler as well?
Sounds like you're really happy with your choice of Dr.--what was the deciding factor in choosing Dr Mentz over the others you interviewed ? Thanks for any feedback, you look great
Hi 3324anon! I apologize for taking so long to respond to your question, but, I wanted to make sure that I gave you an accurate response. I chose Dr. Mentz for a couple of reasons. After interviewing/consulting with a number of doctors before him, I realized that experience and proof of ability to see and create the same artistic vision I had was very important to me. He was the first doctor out of almost a dozen that openly welcomed me bringing pictures of noses and nose jobs that I liked. I dissected photos of face and nose work that he did, and saw perfection in the work. In addition, bed side manner was important to me. Dr. Mentz is genuine, caring, a good listener, and isn't afraid of working with a person like me who uses the word "perfection" as a desired result, lol. I highly recommend Dr. Mentz. Don't be mislead by his staff's lack of professionalism and long wait times...Dr. Mentz rocks!!
No boob job ... That was my cousin who was the first one to write on real self a couple yrs ago. She was the one that told me about the site. She wrote a question on the site because she was feelin some pain in one breat and it freaking her out... If you go to my post it's the first one.
I have the same idea about body plastic surgery ... After I have kids I was a full body make over lol I know my boobs will need them. I actually think that my boobs are too big for my body frame. 32DD am 5'3 and 118 pounds. My mom has the same and it is kind of annoying because I know eventually they will sag. Big boobs run on my mom sides my auntie has FF's :/. Not pretty after kids lol. She lives in Brazil and has given birth to 4 kids.
Anyway I am glad that ur surgeries have gone well. I am nervous about going under, I suppose it's a natural feeling since I have never done it before.
Am glad that we have connected ;)
I'm so excited for you. I'm sure you will be happy. Did you say you are doing rhinoplasty or breast augmentation? I had my boobs done back in 2003...The best self-esteem builder ever! After I have a baby (sometime in the next two years) I will have them done again. I had under the muscle, which hurt so much, but next time I want under the muscle and implants over the muscle for a perfect contoured look. This plastic surgery stuff is fun...slightly addicting, lol!

I'm excited for you about your surgery. It's like getting to live vicariously through you, ha!
The girl I mentioned on the message is called blume91.
I have spoken to her do you can find her in my messages if you want to read it ;)
I agree that it is a good idea. My fiancé's sister had a breast augmentation in Aug and the PS didn't request lab work. I thought that was odd but he said " if the paint doesn't have a history of medical problems then we don't request lab work" I thought to myself "wow... We dnt carry a lab with us to check our health lol"
Anyway she went ahead and did the surgery all came out well for her.
Thanks for writing back ;)
Am counting down the days on a "reminder app" lol.
15 dys 18 hrs to go ;)
Still scared lol specially after reading a story of a girl on this site who got a nose job 3 yrs ago dr messed up her nostrils and now has a bone that sticks out of her skin :/.... Scary
Yes, my plastic surgeon requested blood work. I think it is a good idea for a PS to check your labs. I work out with a lady who was going to get her breasts done, but when she had her blood taken they found that she had a blood disease, in which she could have had major complications if they would have done the surgery without knowing that.

My surgeon removed the splint and sutures six days after my surgery. He sent a nurse to my house the day following my surgery, in which she took packing out and showed my husband how to clean my nose. Poor guy, lol! :)~
Hey thanks for getting back to me;)
I will keep u posted ;)
Did ur PS pack ur nostrils after surgery?
I am 27 yrs old and my PS asked for blood work. My cousin has her breast done with him a few yrs back and he requested blood work for her too. This profile was actually hers but I took it over since she is no longer in need of advice lol. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else was asked to get blood work b4.
;)
Thank you so much for the kind feedback. I appreciate you and this community. I am so grateful for "Real Self.com." :)

You look beautiful (Love your freckles!) Thanks so much for sharing your list of pros and cons and your photos with us. It's amazing what a difference a little tweak can make. Wow!

I completely understand how you feel. I knew for a LONG time I wanted to refine my nose, but like you, I was terrified of surgery that may mess up my nose and face. Rest assured, it is normal to feel nervous, fearful, and emotional about the rhinoplasty pre-surgery and post-surgery. I'm sure you will be pleased with your results. :) Feel free to ask me anything else about the procedure.
Glad all went well... U look lovely. Very natural results!
Am nervous for mine just keep thinking if this the right thing
I have read some messed up stories! Did u go through these feelings too?
Thx