Unhappy with Rhinoplasty- Highland Park, IL

I am very unhappy with the rhinoplasty results. I...

I am very unhappy with the rhinoplasty results. I didn't ask for much, there was something very small I didnt like about my nose that I wanted to improve. Unfortunately, it didnt turn out as what I hoped, asked for, and expected at all. I made it clear what I wanted to be done, but he made it worse. The looks of it worsened and I have become more upset and insecure. Honestly fully regret having gotten this surgery. Im going to have to find another doctor to re-do this all over again. Not looking forward to it at all.

I had a very disappointing experience...

19 Jul 2013

• 1 year post

I had a very disappointing experience with Dr. Wiesman. I had gotten in a car accident in 2009, and my nose broke from the airbag. I had no problem with my nose before that so never thought I would get rhinoplasty. I couldn't breathe well and my nose had widened alot. I needed surgery and for it to just be slimmed and look how it did before it broke. I went to a surgeon at Northwestern Hospital, he is way older and has much more experience. But unfortunately, on one side of my nose, he gave me a deep "pinch" and it did not look natural. I was sad and surprised about that. So last year, I turned to Weisman for him to just soften that "pinch". Thats it. Thats all I wanted. Yet, he changed the whole thing. The bridge of my nose has been pulled to the left, so it doesnt go straight down how it used to be, he barely softened the pinch, and on top of it all, he ruined the perky tip of my nose. Before my nose broken, I always had a slighty perky tip, you the know the one that all women want. It was feminine, soft, really flattering for my face. For some strange and unknown reason, he got rid of it. He shortened my nose, rounded the tip big time, and pulled it way down. Looks terrible, so not flattering, the profile just looks unattractive in pictures and when I look in the mirror. Its a terrible reminder every day, making me even more sad. Wish I never did it the second time, and with him. People I ask, even 3 surgeons in Europe for their opinion have told me I definitely shouldn't have done anything, that it looked way better before, and the tip of my nose looks like it has been "dropped and pulled down." I showed them before and after pictures, and they said the way my nose looks now should have been the before picture, and how it was before should have been the after. I also had shown Weisman the before and after pictures so that he could see how sad I am and the big unnecessary difference and he told me he sees nothing! He told me no he did not do that. And that "it's fine. It's fine!" Terrible. He argued with me. Wow. Didn't expect anything like that, it's so wrong and made me upset. He didn't even offer to fix it. I still am saddened and disappointed and can't get over his reaction and how he spoke with me after.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

We will agree to disagree You've expressed your feelings. I actually perform many revision rhinoplasties Please post similar positioned before and afters. AP and Lateral views with same lighting and the community can decide. As well I would prefer to not get into a Internet argument so I will not respond to your posts. You have exhaustively expressed you views .
Wow! A doctor getting into an argument with his patients on the internet. I think that's a private matter and should be discussed in private. A patient should have the right to review their doctors good or bad.
this is another example of a patient not having realistic expectations and being impatient. If this is who I think it is , she is an attractive young women who had some subtle irregularities of her nose. I did minimal tip work and grafting. Her breathing was admittedly better. She has very thick skin and the swelling will take 1-2 years to resolve. This post was less than 1 year post-op. A few points in this post that are just incorrect. If she really did need a major reconstruction with a rib graft or skull graft, both of which I perform, then she would still be a candidate for the operation since a simpler operation was done. The cost for those operations would be in the range of $20-30,000. If a surgeon is saying that she is not a candidate for the operation then it IS only because they realize that she is unrealistic and will likely be a difficult patient. There are patients that have a 3rd,4th or 5th revision surgeries on there noses. I have not seen this patient in months to see how the swelling has resolved but I have looked at my pre and post op photos ( with her being very swollen) and there is no deformity or poor outcome. Again I would challenge this person to allow me to post the photos so the general public can have all the information necessary to come to an opinion. I'm not saying that I always get the result that I want but I do try to make my patients happy whenever possible . Unfortunately, some people you can never make happy.
Actually that is incorrect a revision of a nose with rib graft is around $10K-$15K at the most. That is done by double board certified ENT/Plastic Surgeon. The price I am mentioning is actually by some world renowned doctors. I am not sure where you are getting $20K-$30K from but not even Dr. T charge this much anymore.
Dr toriumi who I know well did a very good friends nose with rib graft the TOTAL cost (operating room,anesthesia and surgeons fee) was over 25000 As well I am board certified in plastic surgery, hand surgery and general surgery. Your comments may be your reality. I actually am very critical of my work and I disagree with all your statement. If anything your immaturity comes through in your comments which are defaming and blatantly maligning. This is a mute point and I will not engage in a Internet argument. Again one can only have an intelligent conversation with a person who is reasonable. If be happy to meet with you at anytime to discuss your concerns. If you really have been "irreparably disfigured" allow me to post your pictures.
I only made one comment so I have no idea what you are taking about. I don't appreciate you speaking to me in such disrespectful manner as all I did is state the fact as I am a revision patient who has seen many surgeons. Dr T doesnt charge that much anyone those days are over. His surgery costs are now back to reality.
Btw I am not your patient so you cannot possibly have my pictures.
It is hard for me to believe how many either fake or "please do this for me" reviews showed up here after your one negative post. It seems they all came in within one week period frame. Ethical? Not sure about that.
I agree.. and I find it very entertaining!
considering this person who is a medical professional has written 2 reviews under different names that is unethical! Unfortunately with the internet happy patients, don't go on the internet but the unhappy ones, of which I have very few, have nothing better to do than to go on a smear campaign. There is nothing wrong with asking happy patients to post reviews to dilute out the negative and sometimes defaming and unfair review. I do plan on having hundreds of reviews posted . I feel like i need to to comment on the 2 negative rhinoplasty consults. Jamie 888 and St. tropez I believe are the same person. If I am correct then this person had instructed me not to correct the bony portion of her nose and only do the tip. With cosmetic surgery you have to listen to the patient. There is nothing wrong with making minor improvements. I did what made the patient comfortable at the time. And there were excellent improvement in the tip of the nose. I would ask that if the results were so terrible it would only be fair for this patient to post ( or allow me ) to post before and afters and let the public be the judge. This patient was very unrealistic and unacepting of an very good result. I am not saying that I do not have complications or results that are not as good as I or the patients would like. I just would have prefered the opportunity to resolve this personally. I do believe that most people reading the reviews are educated enough to realize that there are always 2 sides to every story and then the truth.
This is St. Tropez not Jamie, please do not confuse us. I do not know who Jamie is. I am very surprised that you commented on review that I have not written yet ( I am in the process though). Wow, it seems like you have all these unrealistic patients. That is too bad. By the way, are you supposed to be taking here about my profession? I, in fact, posted my photos in questions part for the doctors. One said that after your intervention I own to myself another revision. Other advised to look for the best in the field. Plastic surgeons that I saw in person told me that my nose took turn for the worst. I asked you if you could improve my nose, you knew it was revision, you had not enough experience with revisions, why didn't you say "no" and refer me somewhere else. You would have saved me so much misery. Nose is 3d object you can not "fix" one thing and totally screw another. Please don't say that I told you what to do. I am a patient. I can not dictate you your surgical technique. And if I did you should have refused to do it. I am here not to campaign against you, but to share my experience and actually look for some advice. You did not want to take any responsibilities towards me as physician. Kind of blame it all on me. I will post photos with my review.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I hope you're able to find good support from others in the rhinoplasty community.